Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Great review, the large one works really well for me, no leaks and great vapor. The mini on the other hand (the one I have) leaks like a screen door in a hurricane, from the two seals equally. I'd stick with the larger one personally.
Weird, I have the exact opposite experience.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's really simple just look at your replaceable head...there's a silicone cap on the top of it...pull it off then just cut a whole ring off the bottom of it little by little until you have the juice flow that you desire. The shorter the wicks are the more you have to tip it upside down but they do get juice to the coil a bit quicker.

Optimo, I do a similar thing with my T2's. I just got a mini nova a few days back and it is working great right out of the package. I am burning 70/30 PG/VG however. I'd like to try 100% VG and probably will later this afternoon. I was thinking of just cutting up the silcone cap but you suggested about 1/8". That seem a bit much to me. Is this really how much you cut off? One other thing, with my Kangers, rather than cut all around the bottom, I just simply cut a notch out where the wicks go in the atty. Probably not much difference except that there is more silicone touching the cylinder so it doesn't slip as much. The mini's have been more consistent than my T2's I must say. So far so good and thumbs up on the minis.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Optimo, I do a similar thing with my T2's. I just got a mini nova a few days back and it is working great right out of the package. I am burning 70/30 PG/VG however. I'd like to try 100% VG and probably will later this afternoon. I was thinking of just cutting up the silcone cap but you suggested about 1/8". That seem a bit much to me. Is this really how much you cut off? One other thing, with my Kangers, rather than cut all around the bottom, I just simply cut a notch out where the wicks go in the atty. Probably not much difference except that there is more silicone touching the cylinder so it doesn't slip as much. The mini's have been more consistent than my T2's I must say. So far so good and thumbs up on the minis.

I really didn't measure it... just cut it off a little at a time until it was perfect. Yeah notches are the way to go, just easier to cut the whole thing off.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I tried that and it would push it down more. This is one thing about clearos you have to tinker with them to get them to do good .....

I really didn't measure it... just cut it off a little at a time until it was perfect. Yeah notches are the way to go, just easier to cut the whole thing off.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Glad someone found these usable. Dry hit city for me and could never vape over 4.2v even using the 3.2 head. Probably the worst product I've ever bought. Really surprised to see such good reviews.

Sounds like you had a ealier version which was horrible. Version 2.5 and up are pretty damn good.

seniorGecko

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Bangkok
The mini vivi nova is great. I've had it for just a few days now. I'm not sure exactly which version I have though as mine only has ml marks on the side from 0.5ml - 2.0ml.

The one thing I have notice is that it goes through a lot of juice. I normally use an xl carto at about 1ml and go through maybe 3 of those, 3ml/day. But with the vivi nova, I'm going through about 8ml+ of juice per day. No leaks, but the juice just seems to keep disappearing. I guess it's just more juice being vaporized. Has anyone else noticed this?:confused:

lolhahaha

Aug 9, 2012
San Diego
Hmm, now I'm confused because I have Vivi Nova's that look exactly the same as the v2.5 on the canvape website but I got mine locally. They came in a black box with 1.8, 2.4, 2.8 attys. Canvape seems to sell them with only 1.8 and 2.8 attys with short wicks. Mine are long. Also I notice other websites have v3.0 so which is better? I need to order about 5 more soon and don't want to end up with the inferior version but it seems that 3.0 would be newer than 2.5 right?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Hmm, now I'm confused because I have Vivi Nova's that look exactly the same as the v2.5 on the canvape website but I got mine locally. They came in a black box with 1.8, 2.4, 2.8 attys. Canvape seems to sell them with only 1.8 and 2.8 attys with short wicks. Mine are long. Also I notice other websites have v3.0 so which is better? I need to order about 5 more soon and don't want to end up with the inferior version but it seems that 3.0 would be newer than 2.5 right?

Yeah get the 3.0 version.

cola_fiend2003

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Brampton ON Canada
It's really simple just look at your replaceable head...there's a silicone cap on the top of it...pull it off then just cut a whole ring off the bottom of it little by little until you have the juice flow that you desire. The shorter the wicks are the more you have to tip it upside down but they do get juice to the coil a bit quicker.

Wow.. Good call. Just tried it and the flavour is just a tad bit better. A def improvement from an already good tank.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
What is the 3.0 version about? I have the 2ml tank with long wicks what version is that? It's great except I've only used a short time and got a burnt taste from juice after awhile. Not sure if that is because I vaped the tank too dry before refil.

I'm not sure haven't tried the version 3 only the 2.5 but the 3 has to be a bit better. If you have the mini tank then it's either a version 2.5 or 3 depending on how recently you got it and where you got it.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
I just received my 5ml tank and want to order the 2.5 and 3.5 ones now :)
Question...do the extra heads that came with the 5ml fit the 2.5 and 3.5 ones also?
Purchased two metal tubes along with it and when I screw them down the bottom doesn't seem to want to seat down as far as the clear tube leaving a small gap. I've been afraid to try it because of that. I did try it a few times and checked for any cross threading. Should I give them a go or are they defective?

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Oh one more question :)
Since I'm still a nob at all this, can you please tell me what the different ohm on the heads are about in "dumber than a box of rocks" language? I use ego twists and after 4 months, still trying to figure out voltage in relation to ohm. No chart or spreadsheet if you can help yourself :laugh: Just tell me what the experience is like lol

thanks a million!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Oh one more question :)
Since I'm still a nob at all this, can you please tell me what the different ohm on the heads are about in "dumber than a box of rocks" language? I use ego twists and after 4 months, still trying to figure out voltage in relation to ohm. No chart or spreadsheet if you can help yourself :laugh: Just tell me what the experience is like lol

thanks a million!

Yeah, the heads will fit all the different sized tanks. I'm not sure about the metal tanks because I've never used them myself. It should be just fine though as I haven't heard any complaints about them. The difference in ohms is that the lower the ohms the harder it's going to hit if you go up in ohms it's not going to hit as strong and the vape will be cooler/less vapor and require a longer drag or more voltage to get a bigger hit.

Hope this helps...if not let me know and I'll try to explain better :)

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Yeah, the heads will fit all the different sized tanks. I'm not sure about the metal tanks because I've never used them myself. It should be just fine though as I haven't heard any complaints about them. The difference in ohms is that the lower the ohms the harder it's going to hit if you go up in ohms it's not going to hit as strong and the vape will be cooler/less vapor and require a longer drag or more voltage to get a bigger hit.

Hope this helps...if not let me know and I'll try to explain better :)

Thanks a million Optimo! Yes that helps a lot. I'd like to crank up my twist to 4.8 but sometimes I'll get a dry or burnt taste so I have to back it off. The way I like to vape is when I press the button and I get a big hit without having to take much of a drag on it. So I'm guessing a lower number head for the vivi is best for me like 1.8? Does that make sense?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Thanks a million Optimo! Yes that helps a lot. I'd like to crank up my twist to 4.8 but sometimes I'll get a dry or burnt taste so I have to back it off. The way I like to vape is when I press the button and I get a big hit without having to take much of a drag on it. So I'm guessing a lower number head for the vivi is best for me like 1.8? Does that make sense?

My pleasure :) Since you are using the Twist I would use the 2.4 ohm head and leave it at 4.8 volts. I'm the same as you...I love a really short drag that has a ton of TH and vapor. You could use the 1.8 ohm heads but you would have to lower the voltage a bit.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
Just tried the mini VIVI NOVA long wicks 1.8ohm on my 1000mah EGO C twist. I like these much better than the stardust. More solid feel and greater capacity. Set at 3.6-3.4V works best with 1.8 I have 2.4 and 2.8 ohm heads as well and I am sure they will do even better. I like the fact you can now buy the replacement plastic casing as with stardusts that is what will crack and come loose from glue. These are screwed in top and bottom. Good buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread