v2 and south beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
Only tried a couple of flavors so far....not liking the south beach pina colada....blu has em beat by a mile on that one.....it tast more like mint....unless the menthal on I tried cover up the flavor.....the flavor it not as light as blu though.....I do like the grape for V2.

I guess I basically bought 3 simular products .....There is someone at work wanting me to recommend a e cig..she bought a disposable blu and I don't believe she cared for it.....not sure what might be best for her...I have my doubts she wants to get deep into it as far as buying one that you refill...

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I also started vaping with South Beach.
Cost $24 for the deluxe kit on Groupon.
2 batteries and 15 tobacco carts, plus chargers and a case.
Ordered the sampler pack immediately.
The only flavor I really liked was peach.
Since SB cartridges end up costing $3 each.
Decided to buy a sample pack and adapter from V2.
Seemed like a good idea. With their coupon code and free shipping.
It would almost cut my refill cost in half.
None of the South Beach flavors were terrible.
I ordered a 15 pack of the peach in full strength.
But with shipping, even on sale, it was $40.
V2 Mint Tea, Sahara & Coffee were enjoyable.
Mint tea would be the only one,
that I would be willing to pay for again.
The other V2 flavors tasted horrible.
Out of frustration; I ordered a Blu Premium 100 kit.
One of my friends has it at work.
He saved me $10 with his referral.
Anyway, I have had good luck with the Blu.
I passed along the SB kit to a friend.
Just started using Johnson Creek Vea, to vape @ home.
It's more cigar sized and a manual battery. The vapor quality and throat hit are great. I ordered their welcome kit with sample bottles, so I can start filling my own carts.
It seemed like a natural progression,
since I already liked most JC flavors.
Kudos to South Beach, for getting me off tobacco.
V2 made me realize; that there are really are no shortcuts with vaping.
A tin of Top has always been cheaper, than a carton of Camels.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Only tried a couple of flavors so far....not liking the south beach pina colada....blu has em beat by a mile on that one.....it tast more like mint....unless the menthal on I tried cover up the flavor.....the flavor it not as light as blu though.....I do like the grape for V2.

I guess I basically bought 3 simular products .....There is someone at work wanting me to recommend a e cig..she bought a disposable blu and I don't believe she cared for it.....not sure what might be best for her...I have my doubts she wants to get deep into it as far as buying one that you refill...

You can pick up an ego type pv for around $30. Most have a 2 month warranty. Batteries last approx 1 hour per 100 mah. I think the ego battery starts at 650 mah on up. That's about 7 hours of continuous vaping on a battery. That's about the same size as the mini but fatter.

Cartomizers/clearos/tanks hold around 1 ml of liquid. Most people vape between 2/3-5 ml per day. It's just a matter pouring the liquid inside the clearo or pour onto the batting in a cartomizer. Takes less than a minute.

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
I started with GreenSmoke, I know people that started on Njoy and Blu - I don't think they are that much different. You just have to get used to them.

So try some others that are convenient, and maybe come with a USB charger and extra cartomizers so she can use it for a longer time - just in those situations when she can't smoke as normal.

Standpoint

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
South St. Paul, MN
My wife and her friends still use their South Beach e-cigs. While totally overpriced, their tobacco flavored cartos have a taste that you aren't going to find elsewhere, period. She's tried all my various e-cigs, and the only one she would consider moving to is the Joyetech eRoll - I would suggest taking a look at that if you want a cig sized e-cig. For all else, eGos all the way.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
After trying a couple of SBS carts I hate em....not sure if I really care if I send them back...I find their flavors too similar to one another...There is a dominate flavor in all the carts I tried....maybe I should have not ordered the high nicotine....V2 cigs ok...like the chocolate the most. Since I bought those after I bought the blu I regret it....Wish I could say I was drunk when I ordered SBS and v2 cigs.

I have a spinner(unfortunately a copy since they are not much if cheaper at all) and use a nova tank from alt smoke....I like it much better of all the e-cigs...of all the look all a likes I like the blu the most as far as flavor).
I didn'r research enough at first but I could not care less if the ecig looks like a real cig or some sort of crazy pipe(people tell me mine looks like something you'd use to smoke illegal drugs...c'est la vie)

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I think the V2 hardware is fine.
It's nice that they let you choose your battery size and color.
Even have different light colors. They have auto & manual options.
Their shipping was lightning fast & free. If I had liked any of their tobacco flavors. I would have bought their kit, instead of the Blu 100.
South Beach tobacco flavors aren't great. But they blew away V2.
I didn't like the PG dominant throat hit either. It made me realize that I prefer VG. Blu is far from perfect. Their shipping time totally sucks.
But it introduced me to Johnson Creek.
I love vaping their flavors.
South Beach & V2 introduced me to vaping. Haven't smoked a cigar in the last 6 months. For that I will always be grateful.

RVLT

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
NY
My first e-cig was a blu disposable. Tasted like a cig I used to smoke back in 2003 called Eclipse. They had a carbon tip, when lit heated the tobacco and gave off a vapor. I smoked them because they were marketed as a less chemicals, turns out a study showed an increase of exhaled carbon monoxide.

After the blu I tried logic and liked it way better than Blu. Then I got an Eonsmoke with prefilled cartos and flooded the battery lol. The Eonsmoke flavors (except menthol) all had a chemical/perfume taste, Didnt like it.
I never tried South Beach, If I see a disposable somewhere it I might try it. I've been thinking about getting a pack of Blu java jolt cartos since they are 510 and will fit my ego, just to try them out. I like coffee flavors and their liquid is made by Johnson Creek.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Just a heads up on Java Jolt. It's more of a coffee bean flavor, than actual coffee. It's a very dark roast served black vaporized. I didn't like it at first. I wasn't quite sure what I was vaping. But now it's part of the rotation. It's kind of funny, because one of the only V2 flavors I liked, was their coffee. But V2 makes the cream & sugar variety.
Eversmoke makes a coffee flavor that's supposed to be awesome. They're the same company as South Beach.
Same batteries just fancier packaging.
If I could go back in time. I would have liked to have tried theirs too.
Have you tried Johnson Creek Espresso?
I'm thinking of ordering that flavor for my Vea.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
South Beach isn't lying.
Their batteries would last me all day at work.
The longer one usually two. If you can get it like we did off Groupon.
I would recommend it for $24.
For the retail price, you can get something similar but better.
Like the Smokeless Image Volt. The current option on Groupon is Prosmoke. Their batteries look similar to V2 or South Beach.
$25 for the whole kit, with 2 cig lookalikes and 15 cartos.
They even include a car charger & case. I went on their website. They have some better hardware. Even an Ego style and an interesting mini. An excellent selection of cartridge flavors. Their High cartos are 22mg. I know I am fairly new at this. But I try to be thorough.
I plan on buying something that's in between my Blu 100 mini & Johnson Creek Vea.
I think I actually found it by accident.
Jet Cigs makes cartridges, that work well with Blu batteries.
They hooked me up, with 50% off my first order.
I placed the order last night. It shipped this morning.
They have a basic starter kit. Two cig like 510 batteries, in black with a white light. Longer and more powerful than the Blu Premium 100. USB charger & one carto of their perique tobacco & mojito mint flavors. The promo code for first time customers is CHECKOUT50

Last edited:

RVLT

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
NY
Just a heads up on Java Jolt. It's more of a coffee bean flavor, than actual coffee. It's a very dark roast served black vaporized. I didn't like it at first. I wasn't quite sure what I was vaping. But now it's part of the rotation. It's kind of funny, because one of the only V2 flavors I liked, was their coffee. But V2 makes the cream & sugar variety.

I like my coffee a lil dark but never had a dark coffee bean vape, I might like it. Never had JC Espresso either, I just ordered a good amount of ry4 and a few flavors from Fuzion Vapor, but I think my next purchase may be a batch of different coffees from different vendors I havent tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread