v2 RBA Deck for SubTank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg21

Nov 30, 2014
If you're like me, I've had a love/hate relationship with my SubTank Mini. Excellent airflow, great flavor, etc., but the rba head that came with the tank was just horribly designed. I had to drill out the juice holes to properly feed the coil, and taking the head apart to re-wick/re-coil was a 10 minute fight every time with needle nose pliers to get the coil housing off.

I was about ready to move on when I noticed that Kanger revised the RBA design which now comes standard with the SubTank Plus (and maybe the newer SubTank Mini's). It's almost like they read my mind because every issue is now resolved. Consequently, it's a direct fit for the older SubTank Mini's with the old v1 RBA. It seems to be a little tough to find the part by itself, but found it here and ordered 2 of them.

Replacement Kangertech Subtank Mini RBA Deck Plus V2

Kanger ditched the inadequate juice channels and the RBA now has 2 big juice holes on each side.

JuiceHole.jpg

They redesigned the coil housing so it's held in place by a machine screw rather than being threaded into the base. This stops the seizing problem when trying to take the RBA apart.

Screw.jpg

Still a decent amount of room inside to build a good single coil. It also has revised insulators as apparently people had issues with these as well.

Coil.jpg

All in all I'm super happy, vapes great, and this new piece probably saved me from ditching my SubTank for good.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
You're giving me some BAD ideas ;) My batteries will hate you!!

By the way, my experience with a V2 clone RBA was that the cap was still a bit difficult to remove and I have to use the screwdriver in the hole to pry it, turn it, pry it from the other hole and go back and forth a couple of times. Btw, all you need to do is snug the screw. It's not necessary to go full ...... on it and some guys don't even tighten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread