Subtank mini rba differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trippinbugs

Sep 14, 2014
Rochester, NY
Hi all :) I've been a lurker here since I started vaping 2 years ago....you forum folks have answered all my impending questions throughout my journey.
Anyway, onto my questions. I have an original kanger subtank mini. Had problems with getting good wicking in it without it exploding juice with every draw, so I set it aside. A buddy introduced me to the new occ ceramic coils to try, b/c he just didn't like them. These new coils got me back onto the vaping train!! Anyway, since I set aside the subtank I have read that kanger eventually updated the rba deck, and new versions of the subtank come with them.
I just received an order I placed, which included a new subtank mini (always liked having 2 tanks going), also a replacement rba for my original subtank to upgrade that one. All authenticity codes checked out, and then I noticed that the spare rba replacement head has smaller juice holes than the one that came with the subtank mini. Both rba's look exactly the same, both with the screw on the side, but I don't understand why the juice holes are larger on the one that came with the tank.
If anyone can explain why, or let me know what the differences are, that'd be great. My goal is to get back to vaping, using max pg, and building my own standard single coils (around 0.7-0.9 ohms) which was what I was doing at my "peak vaping moment" before I slowly slipped away. If you guys need me to send pics, let me know. This is my first post in the forums, so I hope you can excuse any newbie-isms, while I get a good grip around here.
Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions you may throw my way.....

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Welcome
The first rba has slots in the base for juice to flow through. IIRC there was a second version of that with larger slots. Then the rba Plus with the large side holes and now the smaller side holes. I assume the smaller holes were for the introduction of the top fill tanks and would slow the flow while filling from the top and no vacuum is present.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Trippinbugs

Sep 14, 2014
Rochester, NY
Ok, so it looks like I have the upgraded rba plus deck with the larger holes, and the one with the smaller ones. Thanks for the extra info I didn't know. I wonder if it really matters which one I use. I guess I'll just fill em both up and see what happens. I'm assuming that using the max vg juice with the larger holes may be the better bet, but then that can all depend on my wicking.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
My first two Subox kits came with the large hole and I use them with DIY juice 90vg/10distilled water. I later bought a spare large hole. Then a third tank that came with a small hole. I didn't use it until I got a Protank 4 which is top fill. I didn't want to use the dual coil rba that comes with it and thought the small hole would be better for a top fill tank.

Too much wick at the holes will give you dry hits and too little will flood. Trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread