V4L XL Carrying Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Clovis, NM (USA)
Hey guys and gals, just a quick post in curiosities. What happened to the XL Carrying Cases? I noticed that I haven't seen them on the site in awhile. Are they simply out of stock or have been discontinued?

Someone was looking for something like these and when I pointed them to V4L, they had vanished from the site. :(

Here's a pic:

VK-CARRYING-CASE-XL-2T.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Hey guys and gals, just a quick post in curiosities. What happened to the XL Carrying Cases? I noticed that I haven't seen them on the site in awhile. Are they simply out of stock or have been discontinued?

Someone was looking for something like these and when I pointed them to V4L, they had vanished from the site. :(

Here's a pic:

VK-CARRYING-CASE-XL-2T.jpg

Thanks in advance!

The first batch that we ordered had problems keeping the batteries in place. We may bring them back if we can find a case that works right.

MrHyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Clovis, NM (USA)
The first batch that we ordered had problems keeping the batteries in place. We may bring them back if we can find a case that works right.

Wow, that was ages ago Mark. I thought they were reworked and fixed. I still have mine from the first batch and didn't really mind the batteries not being completely snug.

Hope you bring them back :<

Conard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

So do you have any of the old ones in stock or laying around? I would love a bulky, not perfect case if it holds all I need for a week.

logrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
While I haven't felt any real need to stockpile batts because the life on the KR seems to be pretty good for me and my level of use, I did see a mod/hack of the standard case that allows you to carry up to 8 cartos at the cost of one batt slot (which I'm not using anyhow).

Here is the link and the video from YouTube: YouTube - Vapor4Life Vapor King Carry Case Mod

Also I've been keeping my eyes open for either a traditional analog case meant for 120mm cigs or any kind of sturdy box made of metal or plastic with a piano hinge which I can repurpose for this after some tweaking, if it needs it. I also am considering just makin one out of metal or wood since I enjoy futzing about and have pretty decent access to woodworking tools as well as a machine shop and a CnC (because spending fifty hours making a program to run on a 1/4 of a million dollar machine for one little box seems like a good use of my time).

/p.s. Anyone able to tell me how to activate sigs? I'm not seeing any kind of control panel option or a toggle for it.

logrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
Hey Keyzy, ever checked out those cool decorated laquered chop stick boxes?

Those are one of the boxes I've been looking at for this. There are also little sauce boxes for bento that are basically the same. Many of them have sliding lids which I like for simplicity/durability, but I also really like hinges so I'm still weighing those options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread