Valyrian II lowering wattage on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

BolinhoDeArroz

Sep 1, 2021
As the title says, I have a Valyrian II. My issue is that some times when I press the trigger it lowers the wattage on its own. I know it happens on low battery, but even with fully charged relatively new batteries it still happens. It goes down from 300w to like 220-170w. Pressing the trigger and waiting a few times helps sometimes but it still happens pretty often. The coil resistance also goes up a lot when this happens, even though it's a new coil. Any clues?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
300 watts demands more from your batteries than they (and the mod's board) can provide. This isn't too surprising since there aren't any 18650s that can safely provide more than 270 watts in a three battery mod, and there aren't many that can be safely used at that level. Unfortunately, when a manufacturer says their mod goes to X watts they mean that the board can provide X watts (at least at certain resistances); it doesn't mean that there are any batteries that will work well (or at all) at that wattage.

What battery make and model are you using? Depending on what you have now, I might be able to point you to some that would work better at around 250 watts, but you're not going to get decent performance above that with current battery technology.

Oh, and the source of the problem is probably your mod's voltage limit (10 volts) combined with the lack of boost, the resistance of your coil and the limitations of your batteries.

• Agree
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I wonder why u even try to fire it at 300watts since the quad coils are rated for 100-120watts

Either way yeah as already said batteries wont give u that wattage and the only thing little wierd is the resistance changes u see but when u push the batteries so hard maybe its normal....

If i was you i would try maybe a new coil cause this may be burned now and try vape it at the recommended wattages....if not work good then i would think maybe my batteries need to be replaced if they are not new and after they have being pushed that hard...

Hope mod is not broken tho

Reactions: Ladiekali
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread