Vamo 18650 tube doubles as GGTS top tube which accepts 18650 and kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
So a while ago I got my GGTS top tube permently stuck on a zatty g with a kick inside. After multiple tries from heat to various oils to vise grips nothing got it off the only thing that happened was I destroyed the finish of the ggts top tube I included a pic of the damage. So today I had a vamo 18650 tube laying around and stuck it on my GGTS and sure enough it worked, it is bigger than the original top tube but now I can use a 18650 and a kick if I so desired. Figured I'd post this cause I was pretty amazed.

Attachments

• Optimized-ggts.jpg
    Optimized-ggts.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 40
  • Optimized-z atty screwed.jpg
    Optimized-z atty screwed.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Sounds like you galled your GG and Zag something as small as a grain of sand can cause you gal SS threads. I put chapstick on all of my threads from tome to time its not greasy like nilox and makes a good thread lubricant. Stainless has a high ductility which is kind of described as gooeyness of the steel.
Its pretty cool you thought to try the tube now you have a a cheap fix something you all ready had anyway. Thanks for sharing the tip!

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
Yeah I learned the hard way about the thread situation. On my other zag i used a gun oil type lubricant cause it wouldnt thread anymore than like 3 threads. The oil worked really well, i know most would probabaly stay away from oil cause its not exactly super safe but I used only a drop or two and most of that was wiped off. But yeah the Vamo tube is about 5mm longer but it still works well and looks pretty good for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread