VAMO Batteries and Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickbrown13

Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys, im still fairly new to vaping and had a few quick questions.

First, i was wondering what kind of batteries (high drain.....)would be good for a Vamo V5. Right now im using dual coil disposable clearomizers with a cheap usb rechargeable battery that dies after about 4 hours at 650 mAh. I am looking for batteries that are going to last for at least 18 hours with medium to heavy use and want to know what type and what mAh. I will be upgrading to somthing in the Pro tank range when i run out of the clearomizers i have now. Ideally i would like an all around battery that would compliment a disposable clearomizer as well as somthing like a protank.

Secondly, i was wondering what type of wall charger would i need. Does it depend on the type of battery (high drain....) or would any 18650 charger work. And finally, does the battery and charger have to have the same mAh or could i use a charger labeled as 5000 mAh with batteries labeled as 2400 mAh.

The closest dedicated vape shop is about 80 miles away so i really appreciate any and all imput from someone with a bit more experience than myself.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard

I own 4 vamos (2-v2, 1-v3, 1-v5) the vamo max output current is 5 amps. So, you really don't need a 20 amp cdr battery. It's good to have the extra margin but I've been using 10 amp CDR Panasonic NCR18650PF. For me they vape a full 24 hours and are very near a year old. I have 4 that I use in rotation.
I have used the Efest LUC and a Nitecore I4 both are fine chargers.

The rule I use on batteries is that the CDR of the battery determines the max build for your mod. I try to stay under 50% of the battery CDR

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
And finally, does the battery and charger have to have the same mAh or could i use a charger labeled as 5000 mAh with batteries labeled as 2400 mAh.

The charger outputs miliamps (mA), not miliamp hours (mAh). More miliamps will charge the battery faster, but make sure it can take what you give it, or else you might be in for a bad time. I've also heard that slower charging is better for batteries anyway, so make of that what you will. Most chargers I have seen are in the 500-2000mA (.5-2A) range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread