VAMO button help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hi all. Been enjoying my VAMO for a few months. Button always worked great fired every time. Today it's acting up. It's only activating half the time. It's still clicky and feels good, just not getting proper contact or something. juice may have gotten in there, but I don't know how I would clean it out.

PLEASE tell me there's a simple fix for this, it's my only APV.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If juice got inside and is causing the firing pin to stick, you will need to take it apart and clean it. Not an easy job, but possible. Here is the only video I could find:

Vamo first impression and disassembly how to - YouTube

I can't remember if the return spring is separate or part of the circuit board. Good Luck

Wabbit

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
This was happening to me the other day. I took my tank off, cleaned all the contacts, cleaned the contacts on the Vamo, took the battery out and put it back in, and now im not having the issue. So i think it could even just be a dirty contacts where your tank/carto/etc connects, or the battery spring just isnt sitting well somehow? Either way worth a try, i just use a paper towel and wipe everything til spotless, and a qtip works great in the 510 connection

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If juice got inside and is causing the firing pin to stick, you will need to take it apart and clean it. Not an easy job, but possible. Here is the only video I could find:

I can't remember if the return spring is separate or part of the circuit board. Good Luck

Wabbit

Thanks for the Wabbit. Searching around yesterday I found that same video. Was glad to see I could take it apart if need be, though it would be a project with a chance of breaking my VAMO. I blew hard into the button area and worked the button for a bit and it's working fine now. I have that video for future reference though. He made it look easy, but I would probably have to set aside an afternoon to do it lol.

Edit: thank you too VC, I did try that stuff but it was the button for sure.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I have taken my Vama apart like the Gentleman did in the video to realign the buttons and screen.
It was pretty easy to take the top off with a pair of channel lock pliers wrapped with electrical tape
and remove the components. I pulled the "half moon" plastic piece out first and the circuit board
slid out easily.
The pain in the .... was getting the buttons back in and in place while trying to get the board back in...
All in all, spent about 30 minutes doing it.
But, If the button is functioning now, I wouldn't take it apart.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
The pain in the .... was getting the buttons back in and in place while trying to get the board back in...
All in all, spent about 30 minutes doing it.
But, If the button is functioning now, I wouldn't take it apart.

Gonna leave it for now, but it does sound kind of fun taking it apart. I can see the buttons becoming a frustration. Better wait until I have a back-up in case I end up throwing it at a wall :D

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love the Vamo, but they should have made the top easily removable, made the fire button separate from hitting on the circuit board, cutting either an air hole into the drip well or cuts in the top so flat tanks can breathe, made the positive O ring easily replacable and they should have provided the larger spring in the first place.

All of these items would have cost "zip", just minor design changes.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
they should have provided the larger spring in the first place.

When I got mine I had the option of taking it with the old spring and have the new one shipped when in. I never did get the new spring but forgot about it since I never had any issues of the bottom cap heating up. I asked about that from the site I bought it from and they are sending me a new spring.

Will I notice any performance changes since I don't have any problems with the big issue of heating up? Something like better battery life or providing power better as the battery gets low? It will be nice that the 18650 battery will be in tighter, but the slight looseness hasn't bothered me.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Same thing happern to me about 5 weeks ago. I took out the battery got some Q-tips soak it with alchol clean around the buttons wet it up real good did it twice then let the alchol dry problem went away. Never had to take it apart. Still working today!

Let me know if this works for you!

Thanks for the tip!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hey Jerms, I notice your location is "Fargo" is that Fargo, ND?

If so, do you know of any vape shops in Fargo?

Yep, ND. Sadly, no vape shops yet. They actually included ecigs in the recent strict smoke ban that prohibits smoking or vaping within 20 ft of any public building, so even if a vape shop was set up they couldn't allow sampling or vaping in there.

Kaywalsk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Yep, ND. Sadly, no vape shops yet. They actually included ecigs in the recent strict smoke ban that prohibits smoking or vaping within 20 ft of any public building, so even if a vape shop was set up they couldn't allow sampling or vaping in there.

Yeah, It's extremely unfortunate. It hasn't affected me as much as I'm sure it does others. I can't really vape while i'm working because I've got a manual labor job, and to carry a PV around in my pocket would guarantee early destruction, and I don't go out to the bars anymore, as I'm now a father.

Still would be nice if I could vape inside, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread