VAMO O-Ring Replacement question (Kayfun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Softrockstarr

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
So my Vamo kind of sucks at making connection with a lot of the stuff I have and I was thinking about replacing the o-ring. I noticed that my kayfun Lite + clone from EHPro comes with an o-ring that looks like it might fit on my Vamo. It's the little black one that comes in the bag of extra o-rings and screws and stuff. Do you think it would work? I don't really feel like buying a huge bag of o-rings if I already have one at home. Has anyone tried this?

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
A #60 o-ring, found in the plumbing section @ Lowes or Home Depot is the perfect size for a Vamo 510 connector.

A #60 o-ring is just slightly too large for the top chimney seal in a kayfun. That one is kind of hard to find so I would save the kayfun o-ring for when you need it for the kayfun (you will need it eventually).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
The O-Ring Store - O-Rings, Seals, and Kits, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Very cheap for the Vamo's 8-10 cents each

[h=1]1.5mm X 3mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring[/h]I've used this size and leave the old mushed one in. The original looks like the rubber insert in the bottom of Kanger Coils when you rebuild one( I used one because I destroyed the original, it actually seats in to prevent the pin from shorting, if you lose it, use heat shrink on the pin)

[h=1]1.5mm X 2.5mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring[/h]
I think this is the actual size the 3mm worked great the 2.5 may work better.

At 8 cents each buy both I just re-ordered and did

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread