The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VAMO V5- SHORT error although Ohm check, voltage/wattage setting is ok.

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by kinhvanhoa, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    I've been struggling with my Vamo V5 after my Kayfun V4 got shortage/high ohm problem during rebuilding the coil.

1. My Vamo got extremely high temperature when I connected Kayfun V4 which had a problem with the coil.
    2. I tried to stop the Vamo but it continued to heat Kayfun (coil burnt).
    3. Removed the battery which was really hot.

After few minutes, I connected other tank (Nautilus) and tried to use it.

My Vamo showed "Short" on the screen when I fired.

All other functions are working as usual. My Vmo checks the Ohm correctly and I could change Voltages and Watts.

As I searched, some suggested that it would be an O-Ring problem. I tried to replace the O-Ring on the center pin but it didn't change anything.

Is there any way to fix this "short" error? I don't have 99ohm or other low load error so far.
    Just "Short" error appears when I tried to fire.

Since I left my other mods and batteries behind, I am really desperate at the moment.

Any instruction for this? is it a fatal error that I should completely replace the head part of Vamo (I saw that Fasttech sells a couple of Vamo heads)?

:(

Many thanks in advance.

2. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Normally it is not a Fatal error, but in this case it seems to be coming from Chip failure.

Time to replace.

3. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    Thanks for the reply. Thus, you meant that the circuit board of Vamo has a fatal error which cannot be fixed, right?

4. tehdarkaura

tehdarkaura Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    maybe some juice made it to the electronics? does it fire / heat up the battery when nothing is attached?
    if you have a meter see what the voltage is at the 510 (but be sure not to short it out while checking)

if juice made it down to the electronics i think it may be done man -- here is a video showing how to take it apart -- i mean its almost for sure toast at this point right ? so couldn't hurt...

If you get it apart and dont see any of the chips discolored try to clean it well with some alchohol and see if that helps at all
    good luck!

5. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    Where is the link for the video?

6. tehdarkaura

tehdarkaura Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
  7. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    OK... My current VAMO status.

When it connects to a clearomizer/ tank and I try to fire it, shows "short" ...

Attached Files:

8. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    I've tried everything for repairing my VAMO. "Short" error message doesn't go away while ohm checker and voltage/wattage change works. Probably, the chip set was gone.

Sent from my X98 Air II(HG6M) using Tapatalk

9. tFOrRESTee

tFOrRESTee Senior Member

Nov 3, 2014
    USA
  10. tFOrRESTee

tFOrRESTee Senior Member

Nov 3, 2014
    USA
  11. kinhvanhoa

kinhvanhoa Full Member

Aug 17, 2012
    durham,nc
    Thanks. I should replace the board but I think to replace the whole head part would be safer as I already tried to change the rubber insulator around the center pin. As I saw the inside board part and the head, it wouldn't be easy to replace the board only.

Sent from my X98 Air II(HG6M) using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.