VAMO V5- SHORT error although Ohm check, voltage/wattage setting is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
I've been struggling with my Vamo V5 after my Kayfun V4 got shortage/high ohm problem during rebuilding the coil.

1. My Vamo got extremely high temperature when I connected Kayfun V4 which had a problem with the coil.
2. I tried to stop the Vamo but it continued to heat Kayfun (coil burnt).
3. Removed the battery which was really hot.

After few minutes, I connected other tank (Nautilus) and tried to use it.

My Vamo showed "Short" on the screen when I fired.

All other functions are working as usual. My Vmo checks the Ohm correctly and I could change Voltages and Watts.

As I searched, some suggested that it would be an O-Ring problem. I tried to replace the O-Ring on the center pin but it didn't change anything.

Is there any way to fix this "short" error? I don't have 99ohm or other low load error so far.
Just "Short" error appears when I tried to fire.

Since I left my other mods and batteries behind, I am really desperate at the moment.

Any instruction for this? is it a fatal error that I should completely replace the head part of Vamo (I saw that fasttech sells a couple of Vamo heads)?

:(

Many thanks in advance.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
maybe some juice made it to the electronics? does it fire / heat up the battery when nothing is attached?
if you have a meter see what the voltage is at the 510 (but be sure not to short it out while checking)

if juice made it down to the electronics i think it may be done man -- here is a video showing how to take it apart -- i mean its almost for sure toast at this point right ? so couldn't hurt...

If you get it apart and dont see any of the chips discolored try to clean it well with some alchohol and see if that helps at all
good luck!

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
maybe some juice made it to the electronics? does it fire / heat up the battery when nothing is attached?
if you have a meter see what the voltage is at the 510 (but be sure not to short it out while checking)

if juice made it down to the electronics i think it may be done man -- here is a video showing how to take it apart -- i mean its almost for sure toast at this point right ? so couldn't hurt...

If you get it apart and dont see any of the chips discolored try to clean it well with some alchohol and see if that helps at all
good luck!

Where is the link for the video?

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
OK... My current VAMO status.

When it connects to a clearomizer/ tank and I try to fire it, shows "short" ...

Attachments

• IMG_20150210_103701.jpg
    IMG_20150210_103701.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20150210_104626.jpg
    IMG_20150210_104626.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 47

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.