VAMO OHM Error FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
Just wanted to do a follow-up. Working like gang busters. I can screw the tank down as tight as I want no problem, liquid can't get in anywhere if it leaks either. I had a harbor freight o-ring set and used number 007, if that helps anybody.

Shaunieboy -- when I started getting the 9.9ohm I found that if I loosened it, it worked, at least enough to get me home. That's when I did the o-ring fix. This is without an air flow controller (don't really need it with the V5 as far as I am concerned, but it's just personal preference).

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I found a another good option for the o ring or grommet choices being used to do this fix on Vamos. Kidney Puncher sells insulators for the Aga line that work perfectly as a replacement to the original piece.

AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

I just replaced the original insulator on my Vamo last night and it is working great. The KP insulator is flexible enough to get over the top of the pin and then with a little coaxing can be pushed down into the hole in the head. Nice tight fit and no chance of shorting out.

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
The threads were beginning to go on my Vamo 3 so I ordered a new top cap designed for the Vamo 3/5. It arrived yesterday and I immediately set about replacing the top cap. All went very well. I also took the tome to clean up the buttons and reinstall them. The repaired Vamo is working perfectly. The threads are smooth and tight and the fire button that was beginning to be a little inconsistent is firing perfectly. It's just like having a brand new Vamo. I'm lovin' it.

Vamo Body Parts

Just $6.00 plus $3.45 for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread