Status
Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
After going round and round the mulberry bush about the mod I want to get (this will be my very first one) I decided on the Vamo.
I was thinking about the Lavatube from Volcano but they are out of the red color I wanted, and the Lavatube is 30.00 more than the Vamo.
I like the VV aspect of the Vamo (Used to VV because I have a Twist), but am unsure about the VW deal.
From what I understand, when you set whatever wattage you want, the Vamo also adjusts the voltage according to the carto/atomizer device you are using.
My question is...what if you just want to use the VV option on it?
The default wattage is 3.0w..if I just want to go in and set the voltage, I can ignore that default wattage setting, correct?

I'd rather deal with the VW setting later when I've had the thing for awhile....

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me on this.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
But once you do start using the VW mode you will like it. I was like you with VV but now that I have started using my VAMO in VW I love it and now have a second one on the way. I also have my Zmax set on VW all the time, never go to VV any more.

What wattage do you have yours set at and what carto/atomizers are you using? WhenI initially was looking at the Vamo, I went into the Ohms Law Calculator and figured if I actually decided to use the VW perhaps I could just set the wattage to 10w and leave it there, just use SR cartos..I usually vape 2.0 Ohm cartos under 4.2v and figured the 10w setting might be too much for them.

I've never had to use Ohms Law for anything in my entire life....until I started vaping, so I am trying to get my head around that, lol

jazz27

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2012
church rock NM
After going round and round the mulberry bush about the mod I want to get (this will be my very first one) I decided on the Vamo.
I was thinking about the Lavatube from Volcano but they are out of the red color I wanted, and the Lavatube is 30.00 more than the Vamo.
I like the VV aspect of the Vamo (Used to VV because I have a Twist), but am unsure about the VW deal.
From what I understand, when you set whatever wattage you want, the Vamo also adjusts the voltage according to the carto/atomizer device you are using.
My question is...what if you just want to use the VV option on it?
The default wattage is 3.0w..if I just want to go in and set the voltage, I can ignore that default wattage setting, correct?

I'd rather deal with the VW setting later when I've had the thing for awhile....

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me on this.

the vamo does both. you switch from vv to vw by holding the 2 small buttons at the same time for a few seconds. display show a v by the number and a w in the corner

KillTheNoise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
Richmond, VA
Also, when in vw mode, the mod will Ifor the vamo anyways) preset the voltage for whatever resistance coilyour using. So let's say, you want to vape @ 9 watts, the vamo will automatically adjust your voltage to what is right for the ohm its using. A "smart" ecig some call it. I feel like its an awesome feature.

Of course you can manually set the voltage yourself, but why when you don't have to?

Im planning on getting a vamo in january btw...been studying the hell out of them, and can't wait!

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
This stuff is not really as complicated as it might sound. Whether you have it on VV or VW, just start out low, and increase the volts or watts until the vape is how you prefer it.

The point of VW is just a thing of convenience. Say you have a 1.5ohm carto, and a 3.5ohm carto. You are using your 3.5ohm carto, so you have the voltage set to 6 volts. Now you decide to throw your 1.5 ohm carto on your PV, you will have to go in and manually turn the voltage down.

With a variable wattage device, you don't have to do that. So your using your 3.5ohm carto at, say... 8 watts. Then you decide to use your 1.5ohm carto. The device will re-calculate the voltage to match the power you have it set to.

There is also kind of a safety feature as well. Consider your voltage is set at 6volts for your high-rez carto. Then you make a mistake and put a 1.5 ohm carto on there, you think it's a high rez carto so you don't touch the voltage. You take a vape and realized you just burned out your carto. With VW this can't happen, as you don't even have to know what rez your topper is, as the device will detect the resistance, and auto adjust the voltage down.

Make sure you have it in RMS mode, not mean voltage. Hold one of the small buttons down for a long time. It will first display either batt voltage or carto rez (depending on which button you press) but keep holding. Then it will show either N01 or N02. You want it to be on N02 for RMS setting.

And like the previous (EDIT: before the previous poster) poster said, the Vamo is easily adjusted from VV to VW. Just hold both small buttons down for a little bit and it will switch between VV and VW.

EDIT: Oh cunning, you posted right as I was typing my post! Now I'm just posting redundant nonsense! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread