vamo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rucni

ECF Veteran
i have 2 vamo's i got from a local shop. i was told both are v3's but they are completely different and i would like to know which is which. one is a smooth body thats pressed together. top cap and tube for small battery. the other has a swirl pattern to it and completely unscrews. i have had them for about christmas and the smooth body and fallen a few times and is now coming apart in the middle and tank has popped off when hitting the floor. i took the extension tube, for larger batteries, and screwed it to where the top ring goes on the swirled body then put the ring back on so i can keep it in my pocket and not pop my tank off. really just want to know which is which and if anyone else has had issues with the press fitting on their vamo. using protank 3 with ego beauty ring on swirl body.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The one with the swirls is almost certainly a v3, the smooth body one could be a v4 (v2 body with v3 internals) or possibly an old v2 (believe the easiest way to tell if a v2 is if it had RMS/Mean settings).

More than likely the tubes on the smooth (and a few pieces of the v3) are 'press fit' so if you set it on something flat then put something flat/solid on top of the tube that is out of whack and hit it a few times with something, the press fit should go back together.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
the smooth body has met my 3lbs sledge a few times to get it back together. tried soldering it but solder didnt take so i get the swirl body. i paid 80bucks for both. smooth body has all the same settings as the swirl body, unless i missed something, which is highly possible.

Brilliant! Thank you!

For illustration purposes an old pic of a Vamo v3 in "Tough Mode" w/ an old PT1.

IMG_1381.jpg

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
There is a difference between the v4 and any previous versions. You can fit an ego type tank on a v4, but you cannot do that on the others without an adapter, apart from the v5. And the v5 is different because the top screws off. I'd say you've got a v3 with the swirly pattern, and either a v1 or a v2, probably a v2, i found a couple of sites that still sell the v2's.

Does the top unscrew on the v3 ?. don't matter, if it's got the swirly pattern it's a v3.

Last edited:
V1 has rubber buttons, otherwise looks pretty much the same as the v2
V2 upgraded to chrome buttons and introduction of the ss and upgraded internals, screen (LED)
V3 upgraded pcb board , better screen (OLED), Swirl pattern on body
V4 has V3 PCB board and OLED screen with the v2 Body
V5 has the V2 body with removable top cap, has the OLED screen /V3 PCB board

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
There is a difference between the v4 and any previous versions. You can fit an ego type tank on a v4, but you cannot do that on the others without an adapter, apart from the v5. And the v5 is different because the top screws off. I'd say you've got a v3 with the swirly pattern, and either a v1 or a v2, probably a v2, i found a couple of sites that still sell the v2's.

Does the top unscrew on the v3 ?. don't matter, if it's got the swirly pattern it's a v3.

I'm looking at my V3 and trying to figure out why you think an ego tank would not work with anything pre V4. The top ring screws off and it has ego threading on the connector. I'd believe nothing pre V3 though. ;)

rucni

ECF Veteran
For illustration purposes an old pic of a Vamo v3 in "Tough Mode" w/ an old PT1.

that is what my vamo looks like only mine is the dark chrome. and thats exactly what i did to protect my PT3. didnt think i was the first to think of it but in my area you see more smokers than vapers.

All I know is my Vamo V5 is my first "actual" mod and all I have to compare it to is a tank and spinner set up (which are not bad set ups by far as they do produce well) it's just the vamo is so much more user friendly and convenient. The voltage doesn't change while in your pocket. The only thing I don't like is the batteries and the charger mine cam with aren't "smart". But other than that, I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. Next up is a provari only because of its known reliability and high functioning unit made in the US.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I'm looking at my V3 and trying to figure out why you think an ego tank would not work with anything pre V4. The top ring screws off and it has ego threading on the connector. I'd believe nothing pre V3 though. ;)

Yeah i know. I realised the top unscrews from the v3, which means it can be used with ego tank. Ego tanks can't be used with the v1, v2. I did mention the v3's top unscrews, but i had forgotten when i'd first written the post, so i added that in an edit.

The difference with the v4 to all the others though is that the top well is wider, the flange is thinner, allowing for the ego skirted tanks. I have the V4. Should have waited and got the V5. Who knew ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread