vamo v 3.0 firing problems!?!?!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

usethisdamnit

Mar 11, 2013
usa
Okay so i just got a new vamo 3.0 in the mail today from fast tech and i am having some problems with it, i can insert the battery and turn the unit on and every thing is fine until i attach a coil and try to fire it, i can go threw the menus, i can change the power settings and i can even check the ohm loads which are pretty accurate, i can also fire the unit when there is no coil connected to it, but as soon as i put one on and fire it powers off with no message and it wont come back on until i disconnect the battery and put it back in.

Any advice anyone, I only have 1 ego battery atm and the idea of waiting weeks to get a replacement from fast tech is a bit nauseating...

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Sorry to hear of your trouble with the V3 its generally a decent little unit, that's definitely not normal.

I assume the batteries are decently charged, does it do the same thing on different atty's?

You're not over-tightening your tanks or anything correct?

You may also want to try shifting the spring in the bottom cap a little and double checking the top contact to make sure its clean, maybe its getting enough contact to use menu, but under load its shutting down.

Last edited:

usethisdamnit

Mar 11, 2013
usa
Here is a video of the vamo doing its thing, My Movie - YouTube

The battery's are fully charged and yes it does the same thing on every carto/coil i put on it, as far as the over tightening stuff goes no i am not, i've checked the center pin and the washer is fine i am also getting the correct ohm reading on coils so a short in that area could not be the issue. As far as the button top battery connector goes it is clean the battery seats very snugly into the battery compartment with no play, i read about an issue where it was not working correctly because of springs but i do not believe that could be the issue, i also wanted to make sure that it was not to snug in there so i bridged the gab between the battery and the battery compartment with the spring and very little pressure to make sure that the snugness was not causing a short and it did the same thing.

Thanks for the input two

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Okay so i just got a new vamo 3.0 in the mail today from fast tech and i am having some problems with it, i can insert the battery and turn the unit on and every thing is fine until i attach a coil and try to fire it, i can go threw the menus, i can change the power settings and i can even check the ohm loads which are pretty accurate, i can also fire the unit when there is no coil connected to it, but as soon as i put one on and fire it powers off with no message and it wont come back on until i disconnect the battery and put it back in.

Any advice anyone, I only have 1 ego battery atm and the idea of waiting weeks to get a replacement from fast tech is a bit nauseating...
You have an ICR protected battery in there

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...05-yet-another-vamo-v3-thread-one-review.html
Post #2

Set it to 4 watts, it will run until you can get a IMR battery

Ask me how I know ;)

Is that the gunmetal Vamo? FYI, gunmetal Vamo V3 finish wears off FAST!

I highly recommend Jwraps or vaporskinz (I have a custom MARPAT digital desert pattern coming in!)

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Assuming the problem is a protected battery be sure to tell all those who say you have to use protected batteries in all mods how wrong they are. If you got that battery because someone told you to only use protected see if they'll pay you for it.

It doesn't have to be IMR. Panasonic NCRs work too (I've used B, PD and A in my Vamos), I've also used Panasonic CGR18650CH (discontinued) and Samsung ICR18650-26F.

usethisdamnit

Mar 11, 2013
usa
Thanks so much for the responses guys, i thought for sure i was gonna be ....ed with weeks worth of shipping to replace something that i wasn't even sure was broken and thanks to you guys I've figured out the problem, here is a link to the battery's i ordered from fast tech that didn't work so well https://www.fasttech.com/products/1435600 i will be replacing them with 18650 IMR's shortly, I'm surprised fast tech doesn't have a warning about this issue on the vamo page, but maybe this is just what i get for saving $10 off there package deal.

Anyways not only have you guys saved me weeks worth of shipping and single ego battery gheyness, but you have also saved me a good drunk, i started this drunk a good 4 hours into my 900 mah ego twist battery at 4.4 volts not knowing what would become of my ego battery or my drunken vaping future and thanks to you guys i was able to put that ego on the charger and actually use my vamo threw out my drunk with out any vape outages, on 5 watts...

Thanks so much all of you!!!!!!!!!!1111

Also no one told me to get protected lithium ions although i am used to the usual protection speech i bought them cause it was $11 for a dual charger and for 2 18650 lithium ion 2600 mah battery's and i have just recently become aware of the finish issue on the gun metal vamo ill check out that skin web site soon!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread