Vamo v2 vs Lavatube v2 vs eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
Looking around the eurozone i have found several vamo and lavatube kits (body+charger+2 batteries+various other trinklets) and evic's for sale for around €65-70 shipped which just so happens to be my price range. (found some cheaper from the US and china but those take long to ship and if you add customs+vat they wont be so cheap anymore) Looking over some reviews allowed me to discard lavatube v4 (which is supposedly made by a different company than the v2 and is slightly inferior in both power delivery and functionality while costing more) but between the other 3 it is not so clear.

I know that the evic comes a bit short in power delivery (struggling to reach 11w) but i like the fact that you can charge it with USB since im always near my desktop or laptop. The statistics software stuff i dont really care about.

The vamo and lavatube v2 have extremely similar power delivery with similar techniques even and while they are slightly superior to the evic in this regard they lack the usb and have to be charged manually.

So basically i dont know which one to get, i'm unaware of any other characteristics like which one feels best in your hand or how durable they are. Another important factor would be how difficult it is to open up the head piece to fix stuff in case they break since im handy with a soldering iron.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I know that the evic comes a bit short in power delivery (struggling to reach 11w) but i like the fact that you can charge it with USB since im always near my desktop or laptop. The statistics software stuff i dont really care about.
eVic is designed to run 5v max. Look at a safe Vape watts chart and you will see the eVic can handle Most needs.
If you honestly need 15w and possibly throat burn, get the Vamo and crank it up.

That is not a knock on Vamo. It is a nice powerful, rugged device. I have both eVic and Vamo and am very satisfied with performance of each.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
My evic feels fine in my hand, my vamo is somewhere in the mail. My zmax has the vamo chip though, so I know the vape, it's the old rattle pwm as opposed to a smoother output on the evic. The evic is also can be adjusted and switch from VV to VW without going into a menu.

As for the whole 15 watt thing, go watch reviews where they test the max output of the zmax/vamo/anyvape...you aren't getting near the max without stacked batteries. So make sure you are comfortable with that if you buy a vamo for it's 6v/15w max.

The lavatube is nice looking but only VV. It uses the same zmax/vamo chip, just only for VV.

Also of note is the upcoming Innokin SVD which also uses that same chip but is a telescope. It is huge, although the LT 2 and vamo are as well. Evic not so huge.

Now, they all work and will probably please you but what is more important to you is the question.

Last edited:

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
I usually vape at 8w on vivi nova but sometimes i also like boge cartos @ 11w. Right now im vaping on my stationary VV psu which delivers a rock solid 40A up to 12v so i cant help but to think that evic which is a little wobbly near its highest rated wattage wouldnt be able to match the experience :/

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I think between the three, if you're looking for VW, then Lavatube V2 is out...

I think if you're looking to use 3 Ohm or higher atomizers then eVic is out...

If you want smooth modulation on the power delivery than Vamo and LTV2 are out...

So, all that said... If you fall within these parameters:

You don't use atomizers over 2.5 Ohms
You don't expect or need to vape over 11W
You don't expect or need to vape over 5V
You don't mind several layers of a mini computer driven GUI menu system

Then the eVic is probably the best choice of the three...

If you expect to use 2.5 Ohm and higher atomizers, I personally would start looking at the Vamo, just simply due to power restrictions of the eVic.

Hope that helps :)

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
The Lavatube V1 uses vAVG in it's pulse width modulation algorithm, which tends to vape a little hotter than the set voltage. I'd recommend a mod that uses vRMS, which will get you mcuh closer, if not spot on, your set voltage. Both the Vamo and Lavatube V2 (From Volcano) use vRMS. For the Vamo you may have to switch to vRMS, as you have a choice between vAVG and vRMS. Most of the current devices you can either choose one or the other, or they only use vRMS out of the box...

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
That does help, I think ill be getting the vamo.. except i found a lavatube V1 kit(body, 2x1700mah batteries, charger, a couple of crap clearos) for €40 shipped, i havent been able to find much info on the V1 though so dont know if thats actually a good deal? or still vamo?

I think the Vamo will give you the vw option - and you mentioned the watts you tend to vape at. You'll get smooth delivery with the Vamo using the vivi novas. I do. You may hear a purring sort of sound using the boge cartos. Its not a big deal though.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
That does help, I think ill be getting the vamo.. except i found a lavatube V1 kit(body, 2x1700mah batteries, charger, a couple of crap clearos) for €40 shipped, i havent been able to find much info on the V1 though so dont know if thats actually a good deal? or still vamo?

Is this V1 lavatube new? If so then its a good deal but does not offer VW. In my opinion (from owning one), it feels very cheap and the bottom screw cap feels like the threads will wear out over time. The feel of it feels like your holding plastic. Just my 2cents. I bought it, used it for a week, sold it, and got a provari and i now purchased a vamo because of the price. I got a vame black chrome (tube itself) for $41 shipped from exhalevapor with coupon code.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I like my LavaTube V2 just fine. Good looking, good feel, good customer service, good warranty, and good vape.

Haven't tried the Vamo.

I've heard mixed feelings about VW. I'm inclined to agree with the folks who say VV is plenty and VW is just another unnecessary feature. But I'm a newb to VV devices. I wouldn't take my word over the more experienced vapers here.

However, I've heard of issues with the LavaTube from cutting off to build quality. I posted in the Volcano forum about it and they say they're going to tighten up quality control after the Chinese New Year. I had an issue with my first one but got it replaced with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread