Vamo V5 and Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattovdawn

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
United States
Just received my Vamo V5, and have already burnt two coils. Before using it, I watched a few youtube videos on the V5, and see people setting these at around 4.3v with the coil reading 2.7 ohms in a protank. The third coil is working just fine at around 3.3v, but if I go over that, I start to feel the burnt taste coming on. Is it just me, or is this normal? I was hoping to be able to get a little warmer vapor out of a protank on this Vamo V5.

I just got a Vamo V5 SS about 2 weeks ago and I must say I love it.

Just a note that contrary to what is said, the VAMO V5 does have both RMS and Mean modes. You can access it by holding down the top left button for about 15 seconds. You may want to check where yours is set, if you are burning out coils too fast or are getting a lot of burnt tasting hits.

This is just my opinion but, I think, it is best to set it to RMS and leave it there. When I had it set to Mean, I was getting nothing but burnt taste at any setting but in RMS mode, not one burnt tasting hit yet.

thunderbrothers

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
Woodstock, GA, USA
http://i.imgur.com/Ohn8o.png
this is what i use a good starting point

Thank you for this! I just picked up a Vamo V3, and couldn't get it set to my liking. With my Protank 2 with a 2.2 coil on a Vision Spinner, 4.3 volts was my sweet spot.

Thanks to the chart you posted, the new Vamo with a 2.2 coil at 4.2 volts needs a wattage setting of 8 to stay in the green. That setting works beautiful!

I've saved it for future reference. Much appreciated :)

shynsly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Chicago
Yep they call it MEAN mode for a reason..it is nasty!

I just got a Vamo V5 SS about 2 weeks ago and I must say I love it.

Just a note that contrary to what is said, the VAMO V5 does have both RMS and Mean modes. You can access it by holding down the top left button for about 15 seconds. You may want to check where yours is set, if you are burning out coils too fast or are getting a lot of burnt tasting hits.

This is just my opinion but, I think, it is best to set it to RMS and leave it there. When I had it set to Mean, I was getting nothing but burnt taste at any setting but in RMS mode, not one burnt tasting hit yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread