Vamo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I just received the V5 and am loving it, but I have some questions. Right now I'm running a Protank II and the Vamo is telling me the output is 2.3 ohms. A friend suggested for me to try the settings at 9 watts, but the juice is tasting burnt. I have it set at 3.4 volts and it's very nice. Should I change the heating element to a 1.8? Is running it at 3.4 volts typical? It seems pretty low.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
No, just dial back the wattage. I run all kinds of protanks on my Vamo and SVD.

You can run a higher wattage if you take shorter, harder pulls. Longer draws require a lower wattage. Also you might want to remove one or both flavor wicks from the head as they tend to burn at higher wattages.

Basically there is no recommended setting because the variables are 1) how you vape 2) what juices you vape 3) what delivery system you are using and how its modified. Experimentation is the key. Start low, move up the wattage, and if you're get burning dial it back down.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the output is 2.3 ohms. A friend suggested for me to try the settings at 9 watts, but the juice is tasting burnt. I have it set at 3.4 volts and it's very nice.

this is about 5 watts.

just to be clear the vamo can be set to run in voltage mode OR watt mode they dont both run at the same time.

but exactly like vik says, everyone will find their own sweet spots with what they are running there is no one setting for all.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I just received the V5 and am loving it, but I have some questions. Right now I'm running a Protank II and the Vamo is telling me the output is 2.3 ohms. A friend suggested for me to try the settings at 9 watts, but the juice is tasting burnt. I have it set at 3.4 volts and it's very nice. Should I change the heating element to a 1.8? Is running it at 3.4 volts typical? It seems pretty low.
I vape anywhere from 6-7 watts...9 watts is reaaally high..but everyones tastes are different

Vamo V5 is actually a V2 with V3 internals inside it..for some reason it changed to a V4 and now a V5...all without changing ANYTHING...

Yay advertising..hah

Good luck

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
The V5 is not the same as a V4, although they share the same internals as a V3. The V2 and V4 do not have removable collars. The V5 is extremely close to being a V3 without the spiral groove.

Some users have also reported the V5 having slightly more power than a V2, requiring a watt or so less to get the same vape.
It would be nice to see which versions come close to the output on the display, but his may also vary depending on the factory and batch. The V4 and V5 are pretty new, just dial and down low and work your way up until it works for you... as usual. In other words, don't assume the displayed output is the truth.

Know your Vamos...
801520566_341.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The V5 is not the same as a V4, although they share the same internals as a V3. The V2 and V4 do not have removable collars. The V5 is extremely close to being a V3 without the spiral groove.

Some users have also reported the V5 having slightly more power than a V2, requiring a watt or so less to get the same vape.
It would be nice to see which versions come close to the output on the display, but his may also vary depending on the factory and batch. The V4 and V5 are pretty new, just dial and down low and work your way up until it works for you... as usual. In other words, don't assume the displayed output is the truth.

Know your Vamos...
801520566_341.jpg

When are they going to come out with a version where the robot looks happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread