Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakNSpirit

Aug 3, 2013
Owensboro, KY
I've seen someone using a VAMO V5 that showed the wattage, resistance, and battery life all on the same screen, but he could remember how he did it. He affirmed that it was in fact a regular VAMO V5 [not the new 20W VAMO] and that while messing around with it, somehow stumbled on that display setting.

Anyone know anything about this?

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I've seen someone using a VAMO V5 that showed the wattage, resistance, and battery life all on the same screen, but he could remember how he did it. He affirmed that it was in fact a regular VAMO V5 [not the new 20W VAMO] and that while messing around with it, somehow stumbled on that display setting.

Anyone know anything about this?
For the Vamo V5, hold (couple of seconds)right button to show ohms, left button shows battery life. Quick click on any button shows wattage or voltage (whichever you have it set at)

SpeakNSpirit

Aug 3, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Yea, I know that, but they don't all show at the same time.
This is what I'm talking about:
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 7.34.58 PM.jpg

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
I got mine in early August from fasttech, quick shipping to Canada I was stunned
There were two types available with different prices and skews. I chose the less expensive one
It is definitely NOT THE V3 pcb, I have spares of those and have used one.
Hold down both buttons and it will go through a short menu, 3 selections, power/voltage, time on or off, lcd display on or off.
If you select lcd ON it does display voltage or wattage, a graph bar indicating battery power remaining and the resistance of the coil.

It seems not all of them are like this from what I have read in here.

It works great I;ll look up the fastech skew before ending this post. I find it to be a battery munched as is the e-Huge. I have not figured out if leaving the display off gives you a longer time between battery changes. Like the e-Huge I find I can vape with lower settings than the V2 or V3. Something is different.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Yea, I know that, but they don't all show at the same time.
View attachment 345649

That is the screen I have on my new KSD Vamo, from what I have read the knock offs that FT sells have a different sort of program system, not sure if that is the "correct" terminology. Just got the batts. in the mail tonight and am trying her out right now!. So far I love this thing.

Vamomega 2.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
View attachment 345649

Seem to be (at least) 2 "Vamo V5"...

1.) Your picture...Watts/Ω/battery...on display

hold left button for 10 seconds => toggle RMS/Mean

KSD Newest Vamo V5 apv VV VW Vaporizer Updated OLED New Look Free Shipping | eBay

2.) Watts/battery/puff count...on display (see display at the link)

RMS mode with no Mean option

$31.27 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod - Silver

Have both...love then equally! (Both go to 15 Watts to get the most out of the Aspire BVC's!!!)

R Coy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really trying to decide what VV tube mod to go with. Reliability is a huge factor. I wanted to go with the iataste SVD but there's pages and pages of threads talking about its button/firing issues.

Tell me Vamo users, is the V5 reliable?

Mine has been bulletproof, it gets knocked around a fair amount and hasn't ever failed to work. YMMV however,

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
I have an iTaste SVD, I had 2 until uh well I got a little aggressive trying to remove the head...oops..garbage. I find the one I have very reliable, and my oldest is a smoktech SID still working great.
As Nick told me from Green's whatever utube tests, Les you get what you pay for. Low to mid priced units expect buttons to quit or give you a hard time.

Nice now that you can buy Vamo V3 replacement pcb's can be used in the V5 too and replacement heads.:D

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Vamo V5s have more than one firmware version and displays. Mine is approx 1 year old and does not have the display feature that shows battery life.
To check the firmware version of your Vamo:
Remove the battery cap, wait 10 seconds, while holding the fire button reinstall the battery cap. the firmware version should be displayed.

Note: When you check the version you vamo will be reset to factory defaults, so be sure to check v/w, and RMS/Mean settings

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread