Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I just got my Vamo V5 . Using it yesterday, the first day I decided to change out the battery from 18650 to 18350 so I took off the extension tube, and put in the 18350 battery. I reset the watts to 10 watts. But then when I pressed the power button to vape instead of seeing the watts displayed I get a weird display on my screen which shows :
Out 3.9 V
Just below that is an image of a battery and a number will appear next to the battery that constantly changes.

I cannot get this strange display to change back to show my Watts or Volts when I press the power button to take a vape.
I tried to play around with the display settings to get it to display Watts or Volts. And one time it showed the words
RMS above the image of the battery on the display. But now it is back to showing OUT 4.1V and the battery image with a changing number beside that battery image.
Can someone help me please to get this battery image off my display screen and get it back to displaying my Watts or Volts.

It will still display the resistance when I press the R button .
I am going to try to attach a pic of what this strange display looks like.

Vamo V5 Display 7-6-14.jpg

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
They have a feature to use the V5 as a charging device. Try holding the right button for about 20 sec. to turn off the feature I believe that will do it.

My V5 doesnt have that feature.

Good Luck!!! :toast:

Thanks shynsly .
I tried holding the R button for 20 seconds but it didn't take away that display.
Do I need to do anything first before depressing the R button ?

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
mardek
thanks for your reply. At least I know that this is normal now and I don't have a defective V5.
when I first started using it, it displayed like my Vamo V3 but some how when I went through the menu option to change my Watts
this new display came up.
Do you know how I can get to the old display ?

The number is the puff counts...this is the latest software for the Vamo v5...it has 3 items displayed.........it is not strange, it is nice.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
mardek
thanks for your reply. At least I know that this is normal now and I don't have a defective V5.
when I first started using it, it displayed like my Vamo V3 but some how when I went through the menu option to change my Watts
this new display came up.
Do you know how I can get to the old display ?

It appears markdek is correct and they have changed/upgraded the firmware on the vamo allowing multiple items to be displayed at once and added a puff counter.

Generally (at least on all the other Vamos) you either set it to voltage or wattage (power) mode in the menu, then you can adjust the volts/watts on the fly using single clicks of the small buttons as a +/-.

It appears you changed your output mode to voltage in the menu (ie why the display is saying 3.9v out, also showing battery level, and number of puffs @37), reenter the menu and set it back to wattage/power and it should display "out XXw"

You may be able to get back to your original display style by going into the menu then the LCD/Display options and changing/trying all the different combos.

Best of luck!

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
Now that I know it is supposed to be like this and know what I am looking at it is not strange. It is just different from
what I am used to looking at from my Vamo V3.
Thanks mardek.
I went into the menu and just changed it to display watts when I vape.

The number is the puff counts...this is the latest software for the Vamo v5...it has 3 items displayed.........it is not strange, it is nice.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I changed it to display watts when vaping.
Now that I know this is not a defect, but is in fact how it is supposed to display I'm getting used to it.
I just wanted to be sure I didn't have a defective Vamo V5 that needed to be sent back.
I did not know that these new versions of Vamos had a display like this.
Will take a little getting used to because I am used to the old display on my Vamo V3. lol

I appreciate everyone's help.

It appears markdek is correct and they have changed/upgraded the firmware on the vamo allowing multiple items to be displayed at once and added a puff counter.

Generally (at least on all the other Vamos) you either set it to voltage or wattage (power) mode in the menu, then you can adjust the volts/watts on the fly using single clicks of the small buttons as a +/-.

It appears you changed your output mode to voltage in the menu (ie why the display is saying 3.9v out, also showing battery level, and number of puffs @37), reenter the menu and set it back to wattage/power and it should display "out XXw"

You may be able to get back to your original display style by going into the menu then the LCD/Display options and changing/trying all the different combos.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread