• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vamo V5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidator

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Berkshire UK
Cheers for the info. I sort of assumed an avp would be very expensive, but it sounds like the £45 vamo is pretty much ideal for my purposes. Can you reccomend a good UK based supplier? I'm after a kit really for convenience, and one thing I'm not sure of: are the batteries rechargeable, or disposable? Also, does it come with it's own proprietary tank, or will I need to find one?

What Codz said above. I too use vapeescape and have had faultless service, also same with Cloud 9.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to getting this piece of kit. I'll check out vape escape, but I'm also pretty sure I've seen a kit deal complete with batteries and charger. I think to start with I'll just have to use my old t3S tank until I can afford something better (probably the aerotank). As Codz was saying I like rugged equipment; one tough, solidly constructed avp that'll just last forever sounds perfect.

Last edited:

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
OK, i dont own and have never tried a vamo, and im no expert on batteries but i do know that stacking them isnt generally a good idea unless you really know what you are doing so i find it a bit strange that they are being advertised on this particular website as being able to use 1 18350 or 2.

Vamo V5 (VV-VW) Advanced Kit | Go-Liquid Ltd UK

It might just be me, but i thought a vamo v5 could be used in either 18350 mode or 18650 mode...

Cheers for the link, that's a great price for a kit version. I know it a noob question, but I've only used Esmarts and Evods, never APVs; does it come with a manual to explain how to use the display? Also, is it necessary to buy different ohm coils to use the different voltages, or does it just adapt to what you use? My original choice was the Smoketech SID, but I've been hearing more positive reviews of the vamo. I know there are higher end, and far more sophisticated APVs out there for premium prices, but this is my first one, and I, after value as well as quality.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Cheers for the link, that's a great price for a kit version. I know it a noob question, but I've only used Esmarts and Evods, never APVs; does it come with a manual to explain how to use the display? Also, is it necessary to buy different ohm coils to use the different voltages, or does it just adapt to what you use? My original choice was the Smoketech SID, but I've been hearing more positive reviews of the vamo. I know there are higher end, and far more sophisticated APVs out there for premium prices, but this is my first one, and I, after value as well as quality.

I'm not vouching for that website... I personally wouldnt order from there - partly because i know of other vendors which i trust and havent let me down and partly because as said earlier it's trying just a bit too hard, just doesnt look right somehow. Anyway, you only get a couple of CE4s chucked in with the kit and they are selling them for £3.50 each, so if you got one from Vape Escape @ £45 and used a discount code to get an extra 10% off that would actually be a better deal from a good vendor.

I havent actually owned a VAMO before, so couldnt tell you if a manual is included, but they generally are. It isnt necessary to have coils with different resistances to use different voltages either - you can set the voltage or the wattage to a level you enjoy. Start low voltage/wattage and work your way up until you find what works for you. The lower the resistance of the coil, then the less volts you need to achieve the wattage you like. Let's say you enjoy vaping at 8W - on a 1.5ohm coil that would be around 3.45 Volts, but on a 2.4ohm coil you would need around 4.4 Volts to achieve the same. I would guess that with the VAMO you set it to the wattage you prefer, then it adapts whatever coil the atomiser you are using has (I may be wrong about this, so get confirmation from a VAMO owner). Remember too that different juices taste better at different wattages, so you could have 2 juices in the same tank and need fewer watts for one than the other.

More costly APVs arent necessarily more sophisticated, but they are built to last longer. I think a VAMO or something similar priced is the right way to go for your next step up though :)

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I'm not vouching for that website... I personally wouldnt order from there - partly because i know of other vendors which i trust and havent let me down and partly because as said earlier it's trying just a bit too hard, just doesnt look right somehow. Anyway, you only get a couple of CE4s chucked in with the kit and they are selling them for £3.50 each, so if you got one from Vape Escape @ £45 and used a discount code to get an extra 10% off that would actually be a better deal from a good vendor.

I havent actually owned a VAMO before, so couldnt tell you if a manual is included, but they generally are. It isnt necessary to have coils with different resistances to use different voltages either - you can set the voltage or the wattage to a level you enjoy. Start low voltage/wattage and work your way up until you find what works for you. The lower the resistance of the coil, then the less volts you need to achieve the wattage you like. Let's say you enjoy vaping at 8W - on a 1.5ohm coil that would be around 3.45 Volts, but on a 2.4ohm coil you would need around 4.4 Volts to achieve the same. I would guess that with the VAMO you set it to the wattage you prefer, then it adapts whatever coil the atomiser you are using has (I may be wrong about this, so get confirmation from a VAMO owner). Remember too that different juices taste better at different wattages, so you could have 2 juices in the same tank and need fewer watts for one than the other.

More costly APVs arent necessarily more sophisticated, but they are built to last longer. I think a VAMO or something similar priced is the right way to go for your next step up though :)

Cheers for the heads up, mate. My preferred vendor is myepack for buying hardware, but they're out of stock in this model. Shame, cause there prices are so good; I got an Evod kit for £29 a while back. Yeah, the Vamo is the one I'm most interested in, but I'm also hearing good things about the innokin "hand grenade" (sorry, forgot the name), and the innokin itaste. Thing is, I'm not sure if these things take rechargeable batteries though, or even if they're APVs.

adamfoul

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent, England
I stack batteries in my vamo, never has a problem. I only use ones that have been paired up for stacking, that both gets charged at the same time. I have 2 pairs of efests, 1 with 1 strip of electrical tape down the side, and 1 with 2 strips so I can tell me apart from each other and from my "single" batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread