VAMO V5 .. Which Clearomizer seems to work best with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
It looks better on my SVD in 18350 mode...

20140211_074900.jpg

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I like my Vamo better then the SVD though. I'm not so much on looks as I am on performance. I wish it didn't look so completely redonkulous on my VTR. Works amazing on that.

Also, on a side note, it took me 4 heads, and a full week of messing with my nautilus to get working right. My experience was definitely not typical, but enough of a hassle I wont buy another one unless I get a heck of a good deal in a co-op.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
I like my Vamo better then the SVD though. I'm not so much on looks as I am on performance. I wish it didn't look so completely redonkulous on my VTR. Works amazing on that.

Also, on a side note, it took me 4 heads, and a full week of messing with my nautilus to get working right. My experience was definitely not typical, but enough of a hassle I wont buy another one unless I get a heck of a good deal in a co-op.

Yeah, I recall you posting about that in another topic.

I'm thinking I will wait until the price comes down a little bit before biting the bullet, but it's definitely on my "to get" list.

rucni

ECF Veteran
any advice on where to go tank wise from a protank 3? not sure if its me or my stock heads but i dont seem to get the flavor i want anymore out of either my pt2 or pt3 on my vamo v3. going to try homemade coils but if that fails its new tank time. oh and any new tanks have to work with my vamo in tough mode as its in my pocket when i am not home, lanyard made me look like a complete tool.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I didn't want to reply until I had tried these for a while but I have some definite conclusions. Note this is all subjective, YMMV. I have tried the Davide, Gamma V2 clone RBA, the Arnold RBA, the Kanger Aerotank and the Aspire Nautilus on my SS V5 and SS V3. Hands down the Aspire Nautilus is the best. As far as V3 versus V5, there is no diference. You ought to see the Nautilus on an EGO-C spinner LOL but my wife loves it she doesnt want a big mod so my challenge is to find something smaller that gives the same vape, I think I'm in trouble on that one because unless there is a smaller tank that uses the aspire nautilus coils I'm outa luck. I know but she finds all the others too harsh except the Arnold but it is gigantic even on the VAMO. So I have watched lots of videos and have just started building by own coils and wicks, so far just silica but the Arnold gives wondeful huge lung hit clouds of full flavor and not too hot, its just well huge! Which is cool when I'm home but not for carry. While I'm waiting on my second Nautilus to come I am still using the Kanger Aero and it is very nice, good smooth full flavor but just a tad hot. So I learend some things trying different coils, 3mm wicks, doubled, singled, different gauges of Kanthal, different number of turns, pre oxidizing and not and always letting my wife be the unbiased judge. If a vape is hot she doesn't like it, she finds it too harsh, she can taste it on her tongue and makes her throat raw. Now keep in mind she is still smoking Pall Mall analogs and trying to get into vaping but what has held her back has been the hot issue. Since she doesnt like large APVs I started her with a mini Davide on an EGO. I used a full size Davide and used Kanger replacement coils on both. Hands down the Nautilus is her choice. Yep looks awkward on the EGO-C twist but hey, if it works for her then great.

As for myself, the only one that I have been unhappy with and cannot vape is the Gamma V2. The issue is wicking so I am trying 2mm silica, SS rope and mesh next on it. But as for the rest, I can vape any of them all day long. Although that Arnold is just plain sic. LOL ginormous full flavor cool vapor, and to the wife as well. The rest she finds too harsh. She can taste it on her tongue. So for me, the Nautilus is my first choice, the Arnold second (just cause of it's size), Then the Kanger Aero third (a tad hot but not too much, I can vape it all day I just prefer the Nautilus which produces more vapor and is cooler), Then the Davide and mini-Davide, they vape the same which to me provides a harsher or hotter vape than the Aero. And the Gamma dead last, I'm going to have to find a better way to keep the coil(s) on it wet enough because while it doesn't burn it is a hot vape I also have a pyrex RSST on the way so we'll see if the larger size helps.

1. Nautilus
2. Arnold
3. Aero
4. Davide(s)
5. Gamma V2

I run the Aero at 8W in RMS mode, the Nautilus anywhere between 8 and 12W and the Arnold at 15W. The Davide(s) at 4W.

A note on both the Aero and Nautilus, drop a drop of juice down the coil barrel, put it together, fill it, let it sit for 5 minutes then start pulsing and puffing at 4W and turning it up to 8W. The first several puffs are going to be nasty and metalic so dont inhale on those new coils but after a few minutes of puffing then they start to tasting really good and you can start vaping. I am assumig that is because the coils are not oxidized but don't know for sure. I have tried the dry burn method before and I just cant get the hang of it so I break mine in by short pulses and puffs.

When it comes time, I'll also try rebuilding the Nautilus coils. I may even try the Aero coils too.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Although it isn't on topic, I'd suggest you look at the Aspire BDC tanks, specifically the ET-S, over the mini Davide (which I personally feel pretty much is the same vape as the mini ProTank 2) for a small it-won't-look-as-silly topper for your wife's eGo sized setup.

For the Vamo, I'm torn between the Aspire BDC Pyrex tanks and the Aerotank. The Kanger is consistent and the airflow control does let you adjust for various thickness e-liquids. The Aspire, for me, provides a better taste, say 25% stronger, than the Aerotank but only when everything's perfect. Over the half day it takes me to vape the tank empty, I'd guess I only got optimal results about a third of the time. Most of the rest was decent but not as nice as the Aerotank and maybe 5-10% of the time I got dry hits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I've tried again with the gamma still not right so work continues. But I also tried the pyrex RSST And found success on first and second tries. Works great on a VAMO. Very easy to rebuild using any kind of wick, I have tried SS rope and now mesh. The rope holds too much heat. So if you are looking at a rebuildable for your Vamo, take a look at the pyrex RSST. Insulated wick hole, spring loaded center post and the center post also adjusts the bottom center pin on the 510. You can remove the center post entirely to wind the coil on the wick. Standard phillips for bottom coil.

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
i agree the aerotank is awesome. you can buy the base separately and upgrade regular protanks but still have to use single coil. i have two bases on order for my protank II's. eliminates any leakage from getting to the battery. a great plus. when you refill, remove the coil head and look to see if there is any liquid in the well below to swab out. so far i haven't found any with my cotton/coil builds. a 6/5 wrap of 30ga. kanthal on 1/16" bit renders a 1.2-1.3ohm coil that performs beautifully with the v5. rebuilding dual coils proved to much of a hassle so i bought ten replacement coils for my aerotanks. i came up with a sucessful single coil build that takes advantage of the taller cup in the dual coil head by wrapping a rectangular shaped coil around swiss army knife tweezers. looks like a radiator and works as well, arguably better than dualy.
You could go with the kanger aerotank. The coils are 5 for ten bucks and it has airflow control. Just install the beauty ring on the ego threads for stability.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread