Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I have a Vamo V3 that I bought around Sep/Oct 2013 and it still works, and I wouldn't have a problem with recommending the 20 watt version, especially at that price.

But.

A few months after I bought mine, the 510 threads were completely stripped out. Rather than steel, they chose to go with (I believe) plated brass for the 510 connection. I bought a replacement top cap on line, and after about 30 minutes, I got it soldered in and replaced. I don't know if they have improved on that design.

There are a lot of folks on this forum that have been using the Vamo for a while without issues.

Reactions: SuperTaz

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Replacing the top cap is not necessary. With this eGo to [eGo] Adapter you can bypass the problem. I wrapped the ego threads on the adapter with duck tape to bringing it out flush to the diameter of my Vamo and tanks. This also protects the inner workings of the Vamo from juice drips, which is what killed my previous one.

I also have two mods (soon to be three) to switch off juice flavors without changing attys. That way, the threads get less of a workout.

Reactions: SuperTaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread