Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Still not an atty "designed for BF". It's a deep-well rda that happens to come with a BF pin.
True enough.
I do like what they've done with the airflow though.
Agreed -- though I think if they'd gone with 22mm or 24mm they'd have had the room to make the air tube run parallel with the coil rather than perpendicular. But it still manages to work quite well.

Reactions: stols001

TomJaxon

Sep 24, 2018
@Thiago C I don’t have mine yet, I’ll get it today, but I have used that wire before on an ares and doggystyle. It still looks loose in the coil. Whenever I use that wire, I had to hold the coil in place while I pull the cotton through, it’s super tight.

I should be able to set mine up tonight.
Sorry to hear @Thiago C. I got mine last night and put a twisted 28g kanthal, coming in @1ohm. It’s a lovely vape, very flavorful.

Don’t know what to say other than pack the cotton super tight for the fused Claptons. Also, the videos I watched recommended putting the coil in “upside down”, different from the RTA I normally use. Don’t think that would cause your problem, but maybe?

The vape is pleasant, I’m going to use it to test flavors for now, until I get a squonk mod. The flavor is comparable to the doggystyle, the draw is tighter on the doggy with the 1.6mm airflow insert, but I haven’t tried the others yet.
Hi sk25411,
How did you achieve your twisted 28g kanthal 1ohm build?
I have tried on “steam engine” website and the heat dissipation runs high but that’s kinda expected with twisted builds I guess?!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
My 1St thought would be good to test new flavors, but remembered I do have a inbox sitting not getting used, have to try that squonking another try when I can get one of these :)

Using a Inbox now with a Ammit & it works pretty good but not the flavor of my old RM2. Hope this one does better.
Louis

TomJaxon

Sep 24, 2018
I finally got my replacement Berserker and the top cap on this one is much better. I still was never able to get the cap off my fist one. Any way this is my first experience with squonking and noticed whenever I take the RDA off my mod to refill the bottle there is juice collected on the bottom of the RDA and on top of the 510. Is this normal? it's not a whole lot and has never seeped out from underneath yet or into the mod.

Otherwise I'm loving it so far. I wasn't able to get a good cool vape with my usual kanthal builds so I finally decided to give TC another shot and oh man have I been missing out. SS316l,7 wraps,15 watts and 410f. I'm getting probably the best vape of my life. Love this little guy.
Hi,
What wire did you use?

The Hanged Man

Oct 16, 2018
USA
I've been using the Berserker for a little over a week and love it. It's only my second atomizer, and my first RDA.

I did make a few beginner mistakes by 1) not washing the atomizer right away and 2) not lubing up the o-rings.

The two o-rings that the barrel has contact with have already started degrading a bit, which sucks and I suspect might start affecting the experience soon. Part of the problem is that top cap is just so brutally tight that I've just been taking off the barrel to drip. I've found that using my shirt for a better grip seems to work well, but the damage has already been done to the o-rings.

Presumably, finding replacement o-rings shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not sure what size I would even need. I can't seem to find the information online anywhere. Does anyone here know?

Red Winter

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Brighton, UK
Part of the problem is that top cap is just so brutally tight that I've just been taking off the barrel to drip. I've found that using my shirt for a better grip seems to work well, but the damage has already been done to the o-rings.

Presumably, finding replacement o-rings shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not sure what size I would even need. I can't seem to find the information online anywhere. Does anyone here know?

Swap that ridiculously oversized bottom o-ring, suitable ones are in the spares bag.

The Hanged Man

Oct 16, 2018
USA
Swap that ridiculously oversized bottom o-ring, suitable ones are in the spares bag.

I'll have to do that. What I'm really worried about is a month or so down the line when I won't have any spares.

I emailed Vandy Vape in an attempt to get the o-ring sizes, so hopefully they actually get back to me.
If someone here knows, please do share.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Have had 1 of these for about a month & it has replaced all other attys on my squonkers. Problem is the o-rings being tight on the barrel & had a air flow insert MELT on me. Got in touch with Vandy Vape USA but they wanted to warranty the item & all I wanted was a fix to the barrel. They informed me there were NO o-rings I could buy from them & gave NO info on the air insert problems. I noticed somewhere that another atty had been produced by someone else with metal inserts but can't remember which one it was.
If someone knows what to use on the o-rings please let me know & I guess I will have to live with the melting inserts.

Louis

The Hanged Man

Oct 16, 2018
USA
Have had 1 of these for about a month & it has replaced all other attys on my squonkers. Problem is the o-rings being tight on the barrel & had a air flow insert MELT on me. Got in touch with Vandy Vape USA but they wanted to warranty the item & all I wanted was a fix to the barrel. They informed me there were NO o-rings I could buy from them & gave NO info on the air insert problems. I noticed somewhere that another atty had been produced by someone else with metal inserts but can't remember which one it was.
If someone knows what to use on the o-rings please let me know & I guess I will have to live with the melting inserts.

Louis

Under what circumstance did it melt? I haven't had any issues and I get my coils pretty close to the inserts. I just make sure to take out the inserts whenever I build a new coil and then only put it back in before I shove my wicking down.

But yeah, I contacted them about replacement o-rings and they directed me to a site which has Vandy Vape o-ring replacement packages but they didn't have any MTL RDA packages. I told them this and they pretty much told me they didn't know and that I should try contacting someone over seas.

Kind of ridiculous, tbh. I see no reason why it wouldn't take very minimal effort on the side of the US team to find this information out directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread