Vandy Vape Jackaroo + Innokin Zenith = Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Is anybody running a Vandy Vape Jackaroo with a Innokin Zenith tank. Having issues with the Jackaroo shutting down after a period of time, varies but usually 5-10 minute. When I say shuts down, I mean quits firing, display blank, 5-clicks will not turn it back on, must remove battery and put it back in which will make it start up.

Note, this is a brand new Jackaroo, got it yesterday, started happening right off the bat. I was using the .48ohm 3DPlexus atomizers @ 16 watts, wife has the same setup, swapped out her tank (she had just put in a new atomizer), same issue (e.g. no issue on an Aegis Solo or SXMini). I had a spare 1.6ohm atomizer, tried that running at 10 watts didn't seem to see the issue, bumped it to 13 and it started happening, bumped it back to 10 and eventually it did happen (e.g. after about 60 minutes)....

Anyways, trying to determine if it is defective or just has an issue with the Zenith coils. Anybody running with this setup?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Belushi, something definitely doesn't sound right with your mod. It may well be worth contacting Vandy Vape and asking if they have an updated firmware, as there's no Jackaroo firmware updates on their website as of yet.

As a firmware update is worth doing if you can, just to eliminate the possibility of a dodgy firmware. And if it doesn't work, the mod must be inherently faulty.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you get things sorted.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
@Belushi, something definitely doesn't sound right with your mod. It may well be worth contacting Vandy Vape and asking if they have an updated firmware, as there's no Jackaroo firmware updates on their website as of yet.

As a firmware update is worth doing if you can, just to eliminate the possibility of a dodgy firmware. And if it doesn't work, the mod must be inherently faulty.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you get things sorted.

Thanks for the input!! I've been going back and fourth, decided get some second opinions after I tried that 1.6 ohm coil which took a-bit longer to show the behavior. I have sent an e-mail to the place I bought it, haven't heard back yet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well if like, it's brand new hopefully you can deal with the vape shop, not Vandy Vape itself (of which I have very little opinion on, their offerings do not appeal to me.)

However I am in TOTAL agreement that it has to be your mod, from everything you have described. Maybe it's a loose wire, and if the Zenith is the only tank you have tried on there, it could be heavy ENOUGH to be causing a short somewhere, but that is kind of like what I would imagine happening, not like there is some voodoo magic where it works with a specific coil, in a specific tank, at a specific time of night if the moon is full but also a harvest moon type of thing. Coils and wattage, if this is the combination you want to use send the mod back. The tank works on other mods. If you want to "test" my theory put a smaller, lighter tank on it, but regardless, if there IS a short or just PROBLEM, get it warrantied. I'm not sure I'd even bother with a firmware update.

This type of "intermittent" problem I find particularly troubling. You never know when it's gonna become permanent (well, usually the day after the warranty expires) and you also never know when it's just going to blow up.

Get a replacement.
Good luck,

Anna

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Think I'm getting closer, thanks for the input... I found a SMOK Spirals Tank deep in the Vape drawer. Tried that and it did shutdown once, but then ran without issue for the rest of the evening. Comparing the atomizer stems (e.g. threaded post) and the Sprials post is a-bit longer than the Zenith atomizers. Screwed the Zenith atomizer on real tight and it did last noticeably longer before it finally shutdown.

Thinking either the pin is too far down or possibly a loose wire that gets tightened down if the pin is pushed down far enough. Think you all are right thou... Something is not right with this mod, will call the vape shop tomorrow, see what they say...

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Glad to hear that things are resolved @Belushi.

What's your opinion on the Jackaroo after using it for some time?

I do like this mod for my type of vaping, MTL @ 14-16 watts. My current rotation consists of a SXMini SL, Aegis Solo, and the Jackaroo. Not counting the proven, always available to somebody, backup, Provari Radius and P3. I'm partial to 21700(s), last all-day with room to spare. The SXMni seems to create divets on the negative end of my batteries, but the hit and firmware is A+ running in powerful+ mode. The Solo, not a 21700 (sad face) is compact and easily fits in my front jean's pocket, travels well with usb charging.

And the Jackaroo...
  • Very solid mod, nice click, buttons feel high-quality.
  • Heavy, well made, making it feel solid in the hand and when setting it down on a table.
  • Rubbery feel which makes it grippy with a good form factor. I have the G10 panel which also feels good and adds to the solid feel and ridges add to the grip.
  • The above +'s making it great for outdoor use (e.g. camping, work duty, etc.).
  • Battery plug/door whatever you call it is solid, threads feel smooth, never a feeling of cross-threading, solid seal at the end of tightening, and easy on the battery.
  • 21700, lasts all-day with room to spare.
The only thing I don't like!!! No USB charging port (unless you take it a-part, I guess). This makes it a no-go for travel (unless you don't mind taking your charging gear with you).

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Belushi, as far as I'm aware of the port is used for upgrading firmware. So I am unsure as to the Jackaroo having a charging circuit.

And I'm an SL Class user as well, got a scruffy stabwood version that I've had to micro-mesh, oil and then started applying Renaissance Wax to give it a bit of depth and shine.

It's become one of my out and about mods and needless to say, I ended up getting a few more for the hole as they've been phased out. Pity the prices don't reflect this though.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
And @Belushi, I forgot to ask if you know how you use Joules in TC mode with YiHi chipsets?

I do not, mainly use pre-built coils (non supporting TC). Have a few RTAs, but haven't ventured into using them with TC builds yet... Do like my SL thou, I too have a stabwood version, vaping it now matter of fact, I do like the vape I get off of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread