Vandy Vape Jackaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Looks like Vandy vape is out with a contender to the Aegis mods called the Vandy Vape Jackaroo. Was looking at the Aegis Solo when I came across this, but I like the 21700 platform of the Vandy Vape better.

Anybody received one yet? If so, do you like the build quality compared to the Aegis mods? Currently have a SXMini SL which I really like, but looking for a change up every once in a while, maybe something a-bit more firm of a grip in the hand for out and about, etc...

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I believe the Jackaroo to be slightly better than the Solo for choice of material and general design.

As personal choice, I would buy the Solo anyway. This because the Jackaroo cannot be charged via USB, and I charge all my mods via USB (or via a dedicated charger, as it is the case of Dicodes or some wireless charging mods).

Some old vape devices do not charge well via USB, but virtually all devices I have bought in the last six months have excellent on-board chargers.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
I believe the Jackaroo to be slightly better than the Solo for choice of material and general design.

As personal choice, I would buy the Solo anyway. This because the Jackaroo cannot be charged via USB, and I charge all my mods via USB (or via a dedicated charger, as it is the case of Dicodes or some wireless charging mods).

Some old vape devices do not charge well via USB, but virtually all devices I have bought in the last six months have excellent on-board chargers.

You have a point, I guess they have to do that to make it 100% water proof (e.g. submergible). I usually charge my batteries externally at home, but when traveling I use the USB so I don't have to bring a charger, plus have had a few emergencies where I forgot to change my battery, but could always hook to a USB for a quick refresh.. May be a deal breaker for me too, we will see.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Iv'e been using mine for a few weeks with 0 problems. The mod feels great in the hand I just wish it wasn't so heavy. My Jackaroo has been on my desk mainly with no drops, but a buddy of mine bought the full kit and dropped it from a height of about 8 to 10 feet, the tank glass broke of course but aside from a little scrape the mod works fine and so does the tank minus the bubble glass.This is the color I have.

20190420_095908.jpg

Belushi

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2009
    The Colony, TX
    Iv'e been using mine for a few weeks with 0 problems. The mod feels great in the hand I just wish it wasn't so heavy. My Jackaroo has been on my desk mainly with no drops, but a buddy of mine bought the full kit and dropped it from a height of about 8 to 10 feet, the tank glass broke of course but aside from a little scrape the mod works fine and so does the tank minus the bubble glass.This is the color I have.

View attachment 816181

Is your side plate metal? A bit confused on the G10 vs resin side plates, my assumption is the G10 side plate is some type of metal.

Edit: Really asking if the G10 is painted and susceptible to chipping?

Reactions: stols001

Belushi

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2009
    The Colony, TX
    It will scratch the G10 plates though.
    Nice comparison Picts of the two. Both are nice looking.

Had a Smok a while back that got scratched up and looked like crap within months. I was thinking on going with the resin for that purpose. But it sounds like the G10 should resist scratches, better surface for paint to bond with compared to metal (I would think).

DJLsb Vapes has a review where he drove over the Jackaroo and the resin side plate was destroyed, but kept working. Note, he was going pretty fast causing the Jackaroo to shoot out the back, not a slow roll over.

Gerico

May 20, 2019
    I have all the Aegis and also the Jackaroo. They are all excellent and resistant boxes. I like Jackaroo more than Aegis, but it really weighs too much, I use it at home, but if I leave the house I take the Solo. The Solo has excellent battery management, so it is also good with the 18650, it is also very easy to use, but if the weight doesn't bother you, take the Jackaroo. Bye.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Looks like Vandy Vape is out with a contender to the Aegis mods called the Vandy Vape Jackaroo. Was looking at the Aegis Solo when I came across this, but I like the 21700 platform of the Vandy Vape better.

Anybody received one yet? If so, do you like the build quality compared to the Aegis mods? Currently have a SXMini SL which I really like, but looking for a change up every once in a while, maybe something a-bit more firm of a grip in the hand for out and about, etc...

I’m looking for a single batter rough n tuff mod as well. Most of my mods don’t leave the house. I have a Legend but it’s big and bulky to me. I wish the had gone with a 21700 or some such batter. I already have a kazzilion single 18650 mods.

That’s why I’d probably lean towards the jackaroo. Have you seen any at a good price?

Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thanks Bob. I ended up going with the Solo.
    You will have 0 problems with the solo, so much lighter than the Jackaroo and the Solo manages battery life very well. I have 1 Jackaroo and 2 Aegis Solo and I'm picking up the Aegis Solo more often than the Jackaroo especially when out and about. I was sent a couple of Solos from GeekVape for review, keep your eyes open,my review will be soon.

Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    You will have 0 problems with the solo, so much lighter than the Jackaroo and the Solo manages battery life very well. I have 1 Jackaroo and 2 Aegis Solo and I'm picking up the Aegis Solo more often than the Jackaroo especially when out and about. I was sent a couple of Solos from GeekVape for review, keep your eyes open,my review will be soon.

Looking forward to reading your review!

• Love
    Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread