Vandy Vape Pulse 80W & Oumier Wasp Nano RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I love my Wasp Nano.....but drop it and you never find a replacement top cap without looking overseas. I ended up retrofitting an old Kennedy 22mm cap and drilling holes in the sides to continue using it. I much prefer metal caps.
It all comes from overseas, anyway. FT, free ship, lotsa choices!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I love my Wasp Nano.....but drop it and you never find a replacement top cap without looking overseas. I ended up retrofitting an old Kennedy 22mm cap and drilling holes in the sides to continue using it. I much prefer metal caps.
I bought extra top caps when I bought mine. I have dropped it a few times and only have a small dent on the very top. I ended up using my extra cap on my entheon.

• Informative
Reactions: madstabber

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I ordered the Pulse 80W and the Pulse 22. I'm a little worried about coil positioning on this rda. It seems like it has to be very precise.

I have several Pulse 22 RDAs and it is simple to build. I usually cut the leg length equal to the height of the head on the supplied coil rod. Not sure if that makes sense, but using this method gets my coil pretty close to the deck. Other than that, just make sure that when the coil rod is inserted into the coil that it lines up with the notches in the deck. Also, because of the notches, the cap can only be installed with the air holes perpendicular to the coil.

Regarding the Wasp vs the Pulse 22 vs the Nudge 22 - I prefer the Nudge first, the Pulse second, and the Wasp Nano third.

They are all fairly simple to build, but I find the Wasp too short and the chamber too small, and got a bit of spit-back on mine. For me the Pulse 22 is nice, but I found myself wishing it was a bit shorter, with a smaller chamber to allow for more warmth and flavor. The Nudge fits nicely right in the middle - small chamber, easy to build, and nice warmth and vapor without the spitting.

Another single-coil rda I am liking is the Recurve. The airflow is just about perfect for me, and I get a nice warm vape and no spit-back (and no leaks) when using one of the fused claptons supplied with the RDA on a mechanical squonker. Really pleased with the Recurve.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
How is the airflow cap removed from Pulse 22?

Edit: Nevermind. Had to use my super strength.

Edit: Pretty awesome. The Philips head screw is not unscrewing.
On my pulse 22s (I have 3 of them) I found it a lot easier to remove one of the orings for the top cap so it can be removed easier.

The screws were very tight on mine, I had a good small screwdriver that fit perfectly and torqued the heck out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Mysteron

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
On my pulse 22s (I have 3 of them) I found it a lot easier to remove one of the orings for the top cap so it can be removed easier.

The screws were very tight on mine, I had a good small screwdriver that fit perfectly and torqued the heck out of it.

Thanks, I'll give that a try if I keep having trouble with it. It came off ok this morning.

I had to use one of my screwdrivers to remove one of the screws. I have the grub screws in there right now.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am kind of saddened by the battery life. My batteries aren't that old. I bought them in March of 2017. 18650s. It's already halfway down, maybe a little less. That's about an hour and a half of vaping at 23 watts in TC mode.
What batteries are you using?
Depending on how much a battery is used, a year is considered a normal life span. A year and a half old batteries are most likely worn out.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I should've looked into this before I ordered the mod but I'll be able to survive with my 4 18650s until the 20700s come in. Which batteries do you use?
The batteries I use most are Samsung 25R for my 18650s, Sanyo 20700a and Ijoy (5 leg) for my 20700s, and Samsung 40t for my 21700s.

• Agree
Reactions: Susaz

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I didn't even know there was a sleep time lol. I've been turning it off when I'm not going to use it for a while.
    It won't shut it off, just keeps it in a state for quick firing.
    The default is 30 miniutes. I set it for 5 minutes, and don't feel much difference in the vape.
    It may help with the battery life.

Reactions: Herrick

Herrick

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2016
    I updated the firmware which gave the option to adjust sleep time among other things. So I set sleep time to 2 minutes. I use TC mode and it became crappy on SS316. I did a search and saw some people set the TCR to 1350. This has helped a lot. Not sure why 1350 does the trick. By default it was set to 1100...isn't SS316 around 92 or something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread