hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Here I am again with another review for Sourcemore. This time I was sent the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO kit for review. I don’t have a ton of experience with AIO, BB, etc. I do have a couple of the Boxx kits and a few of the Abyss mods that use boro style tanks and bridges. The Pulse doesn’t really use bridges. It comes with one tank that will allow you to use the VVC series of coils and a second tank that is a DIY RBA tank. The pre-built tank has a capacity of 5ml while the rba tank will hold 3.5ml. The mod can use 21700, 20700, or 18650 batteries with the included adapter. It has an output range of 5-80 watts and has a USB-C charging port but I didn’t see in the specifications where it said what the charging current is. You can even replace buttons and panels to customize your mod. Sounds great right? Let’s see if that holds true.

9dhAJki.jpg

wfGSKpz.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Pulse AIO Device

1* Pulse Vessel RBA Tank

1* Pulse Vessel Pre-built Tank

1* Wrench

2* VVC Coil

2* 24ga Ni80 Coil 0.4ohm

1* Accessory Bag

1* Coil Lead Guide

1* QC Type-C USB Cable

1* Instruction Manual

1* 18650 Battery Adaptor

CnR12ny.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size 55.6*97.5*28.2mm

Operating Voltage 3.2V-4.2V

Charging Input Voltage 5±0.25V

Power Range 5-80W

Max Output Current 32A

Resistance 0.05-3.0ohm

RBA Pod Capacity 3.7ml

Charging Current 1000mAh

Pre-built Pod Capacity 5ml

Color Black, Frosted White, Frosted Green, Frosted Black, Frosted Red, Frosted Blue

s8stzSq.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 80W max power

2. Compatible with VVC Coils

3. 5ml e-juice capacity

4. USB Type-C charging

5. Tank can work in most boro style mods

6. DIY RBA tank with curved airflow

7. Compatible with 21700/20700/18650

8. Adjustable height of the positive table

9. Easy to customize button and plates

10. Upgraded Vandy chip with safety protections: Open Circuit/Over-current/10S Cut-off/Short Circuit/Over-temperature/Low Battery Warning Protection

qxvzPdx.jpg

bbxg3le.jpg

M31zTU1.jpg

dnVqRjM.jpg

xv2Lvfk.jpg

8PfrdCi.jpg

HNUJtJz.jpg

H0pQ0yx.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Pulse is simple but nice. As you can see on the front cover, the Pulse was made in cooperation with Tony B. Once the top cover is lifted you will see the mod, drip tip, tank, spare VVC coil, and 18650 battery adapter. Don’t stop there though. Lift the foam insert and there’s two coils, coil measuring tool, USB-C charging cable, instruction manual, and accessory bag. One thing I was surprised that wasn’t include was some cotton for the coil when you build the Pulse RBA.

On the back of the box is a list of features along with a list of the contents inside. This one really comes with a lot of accessories but for some reason there was no cotton even though coils were included.

upload_2022-2-12_9-26-49.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-27-12.png

I decided to start with the pre-built tank and the .3 ohm coil which is rated for 30-45 watts. I used a liquid that I am very familiar with and thought the flavor production was very good. After running this for a few days I decided to go ahead and build the rba using one of the included coils. The included coils are a really tight 2.5mm and installed read .36 ohms on the display. I had a little difficulty installing the tiny contact coil and wondered why they didn’t instead include a spaced coil that was wider which would have made it much easier to install. There’s room in the deck to build a larger coil which I did after a couple days using one of the included ones. It’s just that with that small contact coil I had to stretch the legs out to get it to reach the openings to tighten down the grub screws. One feature of the rba that I really like is that the airflow adjuster ring unscrews to expose a 510 connection so you can build your coil and test fire it on a standard mod with a 510 connection. The deck is fairly roomy with the curved sides that direct airflow over the coil.

Both tanks have a standard rubber plug that covers the liquid fill hole. The deck for the rba uses flat head screws. Mine were very tight when I went to loosen them and required quite a bit of pressure to loosen them the first time. In the second picture you can see there are four holes which is where the liquid in the tank flows onto the wick. The liquid wells where you tuck the cotton appear to be somewhat deep in the picture but they really aren’t. The tails need to be cut fairly short and fluffed some. At first with the included coil it seemed like it was flooding a little but cleared up with use and has not happened again. The rba tank only goes together one way and I really didn’t see a way to tell which way was the right way except to try it and if it doesn’t go together then flipped it around. One thing I didn’t really care for was that the base doesn’t stay attached to the top portion by itself so you have to hold it together when installing it in the mod.

The other tank for the VVC coils holds more liquid. The coils are a simple push in type. I was thinking that there might be a different coil that might be able to be used but I’m not sure if the VVC coils are interchangeable with another

upload_2022-2-12_9-28-11.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-28-32.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-28-52.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-29-8.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-29-26.png

upload_2022-2-12_9-30-3.png

Now to move on to the mod itself. There is a front panel and a rear panel. The front panel is where you will find the fire button that is exposed and the + and - buttons along with the screen and USB-C charging port sit behind the front panel. This is also where you can see the battery and push on it to remove it from the other side. I opted to use the 18650 battery adapter for testing as I usually don’t but thought I’d see how it fit and all of my 21700 batteries were already being used in other mods. It was a little bit of a tight fit. I felt like the battery polarity could have been marked better in a different color or something since the one I received was the frosted white version.

The display is kind of small but legible. It shows the set wattage, coil resistance, puff counter, and battery level indicator. The button/menu operation for the Pulse is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5 times to turn the mod on/off

- Press the fire button and the + button to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press the fire button 3 times to enter the menu where you can use the + and – buttons to choose Wattage, Voltage, TC SS, TC Ni, TC Ti, or Bypass modes.

- Press the fire and – buttons to rotate the screen

- Press the fire button along with the + and – buttons to turn the display off

- Press the + and – buttons twice to reread the coil and press + or – to select new or old coil

upload_2022-2-12_9-32-34.png

To access the tank or install the battery then simply remove the back cover plate to access these items. Both front and back cover plates fit nice and tight with no rattling on the sample I received. Like other boro devices there is a threaded insert that holds the tank in place once it is inserted and screws in from the top. This fitting is also your 510 tip adapter. I didn’t like the tip that was included in the kit. The o rings were very tight going into the top and really had to push hard to get it in. Included in the kit is a tool that can be used for unscrewing this fitting and with the opposite side you can unscrew the fire button if you wanted to change it.

One nice feature about this device is the gold plated contact screw is actually adjustable if you happen to use a different tank in it that isn’t making a good connection then you can use a screwdriver through the tank opening to adjust the height of the contact as needed.

upload_2022-2-12_9-33-15.png

mm4haZ2.jpg

KsW5okJ.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO kit is really a nice kit. The included stock coils work well with the pre-built tank and were very flavorful. I really like that the Pulse rba is included in the kit as well. I feel like there could have been a better choice made on the included coils as they were rather small and a little difficult to install. I think this was the first kit I’ve gotten where coils were included but there wasn’t a cotton thread. Both tanks worked well and I had no leaking whatsoever during my time testing them.

I do think it’s a little odd how the deck on the Pulse rba doesn’t really lock into the top portion of the tank and you have to hold it together when installing it into the mod. I think I mentioned this earlier but the deck only goes in one way so if it doesn’t fit then just turn it around and it will go together. I wouldn’t advice filling the rba before inserting it into the mod.

Although the mod is made of plastic, it feels well-built and the panels are easy on and off due to the slight indent on one end that makes it easy to get a fingernail under to lift the panel. It’s not the fastest firing mod I’ve ever tried but there is no noticeable delay in the firing and have had zero issues with the mod. It is taking me a little getting used to having to lift the panel to make adjustments and being able to see the screen. If I had to pick one thing that bothered me about this one it would be the size. I don’t have large hands and it’s a bit of a struggle to reach around to press the fire button. I think I would have done better with it if the fire button was on the end like on the Boxx.

It is my understanding that you will be able to buy different panels and buttons if you would like to customize the mod. So, would I recommend the Pulse AIO to you? If you like boro style devices and would like to be able to use your choice of stock coils or the rba and would like to try this style of device without spending an arm and a leg then this one would be a good choice. The included tanks are said to be able to fit most boro style devices.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO kit for this review. A big thanks to the readers. I know this one got a little long but there was a lot to cover. Below is a link to the website along with a coupon code if you’d like to try one.

Vandy Vape Pulse AIO Kit 80W Vape Kit (sourcemore.com)

COUPON: PAIOK= $56.99

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, but not for me. I prefer to keep my mods, tanks and coils as simple as possible, I only use drop in coils and have no desire to change.

Thanks. You can use drop in coils with boro devices. A plain boro tank will let you use different bridges for different coils.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thank you - this was a great review.

I'm still on the fence about the size of the device. It's the same size (excl height) as the Pulse v2 - which I find comfy to use by finger firing it.

I have kind of small hands. It’s not as comfortable to hold as the abyss is for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread