Vandy Vape Pulse AIO // Review By HyDrOpOnIc1987

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2021
Vandy vape Pulse AIO // Review By HyDrOpOnIc1987
Well hello there! I was just looking at this parcel that was just dropped off while drinking coffee on my porch. I completely forgot that this was coming, and when the delivery person knocked on my screen door, I must've jumped about 15 feet in the air!
Anyhoo, welcome! This is a review of the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO, graciously sent to me by the fine people over at sourcemore for the purpose of a fair and honest review. I'm going to throw around some promotional pictures, tell you about the features and such, then show and tell the unboxing, assembly and my experiences while using this device. Now, without further adieu, let's get to it.

The package of Pulse AIO Vape Kit Comes With:
1* Pulse AIO Device
1* Pulse Vessel RBA Tank
1* Pulse Vessel Pre-built Tank
1* Wrench
2* VVC Coil
2* 24ga Ni80 Coil 0.4ohm
1* Accessory Bag
1* Coil Lead Guide
1* QC Type-C USB Cable
1* Instruction Manual
1* 18650 Battery Adaptor
Features
- 80W max power
- Compatible with VVC Coils
- 5ml e-juice capacity
- USB Type-C charging
- Tank can work in most boro style mods
- DIY RBA tank with curved airflow
- Compatible with 21700/20700/18650
- Adjustable height of the positive table
- Easy to customize button and plates
- Upgraded Vandy chip with safety protections: Open Circuit/Over-current/10S Cut-off/Short-Circuit/Over-temperature/Low Battery Warning Protection

Unboxing, Assembly and Usage

As you can see, I've already charged ahead like a donk and set things up and forgot to take some pictures. Smort. So, anyway, on the box it has the branding, device name and collab info. On the right side, there's the colour identifier sticker, scratch and verify authentication sticker and some writing stating to go to Vand Vape's website for information on how to use this and other products.
On the back is all the contents and a list of features. Also, a warning to keep this product and all of the contents of the box out of reach of children, non-smokers and the elderly.

The first thing I did was to assemble everything except the tank. I changed the panel inside where the buttons are housed to a frosted green one. I was provided with a set of those small panels, a pair of frosted green panels and a set of button rings (4 pack). I also changed the fire button ring to the one with the little dotted indents on it but later changed it to the black one. I also put the frosted green panels on because, why not.
I didn't take pictures of my assembling and using the tank that houses the VVC coils, as it acts the same as any other tank that takes those kinds of coils. Take the coil and put some of the liquid you will be using to fill your tank, into the little holes on the side of the coil. I usually spin around and get each one twice and fill the hole so the its roundedly sticking out of the hole. Wait for the liquid to seep in enough to place the coil into the tank (is this tank classified a boro tank? Is it the shape that makes it a boro tank? Sorry, this is my noobness as I am by no means a professional. This is my first boro style device) without getting liquid all over, then slide it in and set the airflow to roughly what you think you may like. Luckily, you can still change the airflow after installing, but it does take some effort. I will touch on this after.
I then take the tank and slap it in the device and tighten the flush nut so that it makes a good solid connection. Next I open the little silicone plug on the tank and fill it with my liquid of choice, which has been Sour Blue Slushy by Mod Sauce. A nice refreshing slushy, but not overwhelmingly sweet or too sour.
The coil I put in was the VVC-60 which is, you guessed it, 0.6ohms! As such, it's rated at 18-26W which I kept maxed out after an initial 5 minutes at the minimum and then stepped up by 2 every 4 puffs.

Next I started working on the rebuildable tank. I unscrewed the plastic cap on the bottom of the deck so that it exposed the 510 pin. I the screwed it onto one of my regulated mods that reads ohms. In this case, my Maxus Solo 100W mod. Then I unscrewed the posts to where they're open, but the screws wont fall out. I took one of the coils that was provided in the box (Single wire N80 24g 6wraps ID:2.5 0.4ohm) and cut the legs to the marked length using the coil tool that was included in the box. I then bent the legs a bit to open it up and slipped the legs into the holes on the deck and one at a time I tightened them. But not too tight as that could snap the coil and create a short. Once housed properly, I dry fired the coil (not too bright! Keep your wattage lower with N80 as it can fuse and melt relatively easily. I have not experienced it, but have heard some stories.) And strummed the coil to make sure there weren't any hot spots and that it glowed evenly. Once that was done, I took some cotton and formed a chunk big enough to go through the coil with some resistance and have decent legs sticking out the ends. I then took one of the cotton fluffs and pulled it down the edge of the deck and kind of made a mark and then cut. In all honesty, it took some trial and error of a couple times for me to get it right. Boro tanks are small, my hands are big… but eventually I got the size right and I was able to get the cotton fluffed out and fitting in the little slots (not sure I can call those juice wells as they're only big enough to slide cotton into). I then slathered liquid on the cotton and coil to make sure its saturated, and then fired to see some vapor. I then took the deck off the mod and placed the tank over top of it. I have to say this, there is NOTHING holding the tank one so BE CAREFUL when putting the tank in and taking it back out. It wont take much to spill the tanks worth of liquid everywhere.
I then CAREFULLY placed the tank into the device and tightened down the flush nut with the provided tool. That tool is very handy, don't lose it!

It took a bit of effort, but using one of the legs on the tool that was provided in the box, you can open and close the airflow. Sometimes it can close too much and then I use scissors or something to pop it open enough to catch it with the tool. I liked mine closed off quite a bit. More of a airy MTL. The tank works perfectly. Liquid flows through four holes on each corner of the top of the chimney. I had zero issues using this tank. It was flavourful and satisfying.
As I mentioned before, I was given some accessories for use during the review. The green panels were part of those accessories. The device is Frosted Red, but has Frosted Green panels and button panel, and a black fire button ring.
I've used this device a total of 2 weeks now and totally love it. I think it will be in use for a while yet as I want to explore some other builds in it. I totally recommend this to anyone. Beginners, it will be intimidating but if you move slow and steady, you will get it. It really isn't a difficult device to use. I was given a code so that everyone who reads can get the kit for $56.99.
Thank you very much to Sourcemore for sending me this device for review. It's been very fun and a definitely learning experience. Check the code below for the discount and click the link to head on over to Sourcemore so that you can pick yours up today! Thank you very much and have a stupidly awesome day!

Cheers!

CODE: PAIOK

Vandy Vape Pulse AIO Kit 80W Vape Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread