Vandy Vape Simple EX MTL squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
My issue is the marketing...

"First rebuildable nic salt device", or something along those lines. Sheesh...every existing rebuildable out there is a nic salt device. They are attempting to cash in on lack of knowledge/confusion around nic salts. Wish I had remembered I was ticked about this, I may not have bought my Pulse 80W today. LOL

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm half tempted to preorder one at MyVPro, but it took forever to get my Pulse when I did that. Willing to bet I get it sooner (and maybe cheaper) if I wait.

The July 4th coupon code is still good for 15% off and I have a $15 store credit. Just hate to have to spend $75 to get free shipping, and also MyVPro charges tax.

I think it comes to $39.50 with store credit, coupon code and cheapest shipping. Had it in the cart all day and haven't pulled the trigger.

I'll be travelling late August and would like to have it a week or so before this to see if it's something I trust when travelling. Probably best to just go back to my trusty Pico/STM for this trip. Who knows, it may get delayed from release.

Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I believe it's Michigan sales tax. At least that's what I always assumed.

Not sure if they have anything in GA. Stuff always ships from MI.

Hmmm
    I'd ask them why you are paying the tax, may be a glitch in their checkout system.
    I just ordered on the 4th....no tax

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I'd ask them why you are paying the tax, may be a glitch in their checkout system.
    I just ordered on the 4th....no tax
    Thanks, I will have to follow up with them on that. I went ahead and did the pre-order on the Simple EX (probably will regret not just waiting until I found it in stock somewhere). Got charged $2.09 tax.

Subtotal:

$55.99 USD

Coupon Code (July4th):

-$8.40 USD

Shipping:

$4.82 USD

Tax:

$2.09 USD

Store Credit:

-$15.00 USD

Grand Total:

$39.50 USD

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    i can't believe it compare with LONG stick POD, i dont think we able to find any squonk mod that taller/longer than those stick ...

hyjGfbd.jpg

;)

That said, I carry my mod in my shirt pocket, and having it be too short would make it more difficult to retrieve from there.:

SaooUUx.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Did I miss something, or was there no discussion at all of battery life? 850 mAh strikes me as a bit marginal, but then I'm used to 3000 mAh 18650s...

850mAh compared to Todays 18650 Capacities does seems kinda Miniscule.

But then I consider that it is designed to run a 1.0 Ohm or so Coil.
    And it is recommended that one use Nicotine Salts at a relatively Higher mg/ml.
    And that this (to me) would be an On the Go Mod.

Vandy Vape was definitely targeting more of a Pod Mod Vaper. So I suppose that the 850mAh is kinda Mitigated.

I think I'll do some Testing with a 1.2 Ohm Coil and Nicotine Salts to see which Runs Out 1st? 850mAh or 4ml of e-Liquid.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Did I miss something, or was there no discussion at all of battery life? 850 mAh strikes me as a bit marginal, but then I'm used to 3000 mAh 18650s...

I mentioned the battery's 850mAh ratong in the very first post, and I agree with the following logic:

850mAh compared to Todays 18650 Capacities does seems kinda Miniscule.

But then I consider that it is designed to run a 1.0 Ohm or so Coil.
    And it is recommended that one use Nicotine Salts at a relatively Higher mg/ml.
    And that this (to me) would be an On the Go Mod.

Vandy Vape was definitely targeting more of a Pod Mod Vaper. So I suppose that the 850mAh is kinda Mitigated.

I think I'll do some Testing with a 1.2 Ohm Coil and Nicotine Salts to see which Runs Out 1st? 850mAh or 4ml of e-Liquid.

Using it as a mini-sub-ohm squonker would kill the battery very quickly, but that isn't the intended use. It'd be like sub-ohming an Ego. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I mentioned the battery's 850mAh ratong in the very first post, and I agree with the following logic (if you want to use it as a mini-sub-ohm squonker it's not gonna last very long):

Yeah... This aint going to be an All Day Mod for Many People.

But then again, I can't go All Day on any Pod Mod I have tried or have seen.

So I guess with Size come Trade-Offs.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Right. I generally run 0.75Ω coils. :)

I think Daniel said that the Lowest he could get the Simple EX to fire was around 0.6 Ohms. So you could Run that Coil as a Direct Compression for Time and ml's.

I'm kinda stuck in a 0.35 Ohms rut. So I'll have to get out the Coil Jig to see What is What.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I think Daniel said that the Lowest he could get the Simple EX to fire was around 0.6 Ohms. So you could Run that Coil as a Direct Compression for Time and ml's.
    With a true 4.2 or even 4.5V available, I could probably go higher.

I'm sorta debating a couple of these as travel mods for a trip to Europe in September. With the TPD now in full force, I'm a bit more hesitant than I used to be about taking any of my good mods. Not having to take a stand-alone charger also has some appeal. I normally go through about 5 ml a day of 13 mg juice. I figure if I mix up a batch of TPD-compliant 18, I can probably cut that a bit, so they might just work for me for this purpose.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    With a true 4.2 or even 4.5V available, I could probably go higher.

I'm sorta debating a couple of these as travel mods for a trip to Europe in September. With the TPD now in full force, I'm a bit more hesitant than I used to be about taking any of my good mods. Not having to take a stand-alone charger also has some appeal. I normally go through about 5 ml a day of 13 mg juice. I figure if I mix up a batch of TPD-compliant 18, I can probably cut that a bit, so they might just work for me for this purpose.
    carry power bank would be must safer ..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread