VANDYVAPE - MESH 24 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the MESH 24 rta from Vandyvape. The MESH 24 rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Sem from Vandyvape.

Mesh 24 RTA | VANDY VAPE

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Vandy Vape - Mesh 24 RTA
1 x Accessory Bag
1 x 810 Ultem Drip Tip
1 x Replacable Glass Tube
1 x 810 Delrin Doc Drip Tip
2 x SS316L 300 grade Mesh Wire
2 x SS316L 400 grade Mesh Wire

Aesthetics

The Mesh 24 RTA comes in the normal plastic packaging and the first thing i noticed was the very nice Red resin drip-tip installed. I received the Black version, the silver comes with a Blue resin drip tip. You also receive ultem and doc delrin drip tips (all 810's), and also a 510 adaptor so plenty of choice. The Mesh RTA comes with a 2ml straight glass installed but there is also a 4ml bulge glass included. The Black coloured air chamber has shapes fitted together to form an "M" in Silver, and on the top of the tank we have the word "PUSH" to indicate where the top cap slides open for filling. The Mesh 24 RTA has top airflow with 2 quite small cyclops and both control ring and the bottom of the tank has texturing to help with grip. Moving to the base we have branding, safety stamps and protruding, gold plated 510. The Mesh 24 RTA is a very well made tank.

Specs:

24mm Diameter
Dual Post Build Deck
Suitable for Mesh Building
810 Resin Drip
2ml Capacity
Adjustable Top Airflow
Slide-To-Fill Top Filling system
Colours: Silver, Black

Assembling and disassembling

The tank comes apart with ease with the bottom unscrewing (revealing the deck) and then the glass comes away from the top with a slight tug. If you want to change to the 4ml bulge glass no extra parts are needed it's just a straight forward swap. At this point if we look into the air chamber we can see it has a conical shape and is double walled, (the air from the airflow travels down the cavity). The tank screws back together very easily. When filling the tank you can see the word "PUSH" written on top of the tank, pushing where the word is slides the top open with very nice resistance to reveal a narrow fill slot. I would suggest transferring e-liquid to a bottle with a needle unless your juice has a thin nozzle, the top slides back into the closed position very nicely.

The Build Deck

The build deck is very simple looking, with 2 tall tower clamps next to each other to the side and juice well with generous horizontal wicking slots. I thought both looking at the deck, and the fact you only have to fix into place 2 ends of a mesh strip, and from watching Youtube videos on building with mesh tanks it would be a doddle, i was wrong. Patience is needed and it's quite fiddly, first don't use the usual not fit for purpose screwdriver supplied (the one i received had the screws done up very tight, you needed better purchase than the lightweight, tiny screwdriver will give, you just risk stripping the not so great screws). Once the clamps are loose i found it easiest to just concentrate on one end at a time, once in position tighten up the screws then fix the other end. Wicking the Mesh RTA is the most important thing as you need to make sure every bit of the inside of the mesh is being touched by cotton without having the cotton too compact. While trying to achieve this you also have to make sure your leaving plenty of room in the top of the air chamber while not stuffing the well with cotton blocking off the juice slots. It takes patience but if you stick with it and are prepared for possible disappointments to start with you will get your reward.

Performance

It took 4 wicking attempts to get this right and if i had given up after the first 3 i would of been writing an awful review but i left it a couple of days while i tested other things while constantly trying to think how to wick differently and so glad i did because the results are amazing. I was aware if you have too much cotton in the well it doesn't wick efficiently so you can get awful dry hits so to start with that's what i concentrated on with good results because i have not had close to a dry hit with the Mesh RTA, but had a different problem. I was getting a very weak vape with barely no cloud yet if i put it up to 70W you could hear the mesh heating and the tank was getting seriously warm yet still barely any vapour production although even now i could taste great flavour. When i took the tank off and fired the vapour was immense so very strange. I eventually found i had the cotton too compact at the top of the build and also too high above the mesh so i was choking off the circulation in the air chamber, once corrected i got i really nice flavoursome vape. i also re-wicked to make sure i now have the knack and no worries, troubles are over. I have used both the 0.57 400mesh which actually came out at 0.47 and 0.49 and settled for 60w, (I did use it on a direct output device to start with but it wasn't powerful enough with the mesh). If you take it up to 70w the tank does start to get very warm, i found 60w just right and the flavour is awesome. I have heard people say they don't get great flavour with mesh and others (like me) find it excellent and clean i can only assume there must be a reason they are struggling for flavour, maybe the type of cotton they are using. The airflow is restricted on the Mesh 24 RTA which might not suit all but was fine for me, it gives good cloud production but the lack of air means it's not for cloud chuckers.

Conclusion

Patience might be needed, but if you stick with it and don't get frustrated then you get well rewarded.

Pros

Great Flavour
Good cloud production
Well made
3 drip tips
4 Mesh strips
510 adaptor included
4ml bulge glass included
Very nice top-fill system
No leaking

Cons

Wicking trial and error
Restricted airflow (some might not like)
Grub Screws not very good
Ploughs through E-liquid

I would once again like to thank Sem from Vandyvape for supplying the Mesh 24 RTA for the purpose of this review.

Mesh 24 RTA | VANDY VAPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread