Vanilla Custard Round Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperonifogdart

Feb 13, 2019
Vanilla Custard Round-Up
Ever since I started vaping, I have always been a big fan of Vanilla Custard e-juice. I still dream about one day coming across another bottle of Grants Vanilla Custard.
In any case, I recently transitioned back from salt nic, after taking a long hiatus from caring about what flavor I vaped on. I had some money to burn so I embarked on a journey to figure out what latest and greatest flavors would appeal to me.

o4LEVAC.jpg

Over the last 12 weeks, I procured 13 different Vanilla Custard Flavors. I want to give a brief review of each one, and then identify my favorite(s) as well as what my rotation is going forward.One Flavor that I also included but not pictured is
Electrum blonde. I am also waiting on an order for Black Unicorn Vanilla Custard and Vapetasia VC, so I might update this review later on. Also, all of these were vaped out of a Smok Nord, which I admit is probably not the best for flavor compared to an RDA or larger tank.
Anyways, to the reviews!

Air Factory Custard Craze: 2/5 - Not very impressed by this. It has a fairly bland vanilla flavor with graham cracker notes, which isn't really my cup of tea. This will not be in my rotation.

Gremlin Custard
- 2/5 - An old classic! I have to say, this was probably the most disappointing one. I had very positive fond memories of this juice from years ago. When I first tried this out of the bottle, it was very chemically, so I threw it in the cupboard for a couple of weeks to steep. Low and behold, it held onto this peppery, chemical taste that absolutely ruined the flavor. It is currently in my trash can.

Coil Vapes Dis Won Reserve - 5/5 - Hands down my favorite Vanilla Custard flavor to date. This vape absolutely blew me away, as I was very pleasantly surprised. The flavor profile is extremely similar to Cosmos Custard, but with a much more magnified and lasting flavor. The best way I can describe this is the perfect blend of creamy, sweet and vanilla, with a great exhale balance of butter and egginess. It's hard to describe, I get a bit of Capellas, Bavarian cream, and other flavors I can't quite pin down, but it just all comes together so well. This will be my #1 juice in my rotation. I cannot recommend this flavor enough.

Cali Bear Gang Sacramento - 3.5/5 - Very simple and good flavor, Straight up salt Vanilla Custard. Tastes like Capellas that was steeped well, but not much else in the way of complexity. A nice simple vanilla custard for those of you that don't want any bells or whistles in your VC.

Vape Wild On Cloud Custard - 4/5 - Very Very good simplistic custard. A little more complex than Cali, but still very simple and the flavor is mellow and not overpowering. Has a nice eggy exhale, I get notes of Capellas. This is a great ADV becauase it is very mellow, and is definitely going in my rotation.

That 1 Vape Very Vanilla Custard - 3.5/5 - Interesting flavor, similar to On Cloud Custard but with a little more vanilla tartness to it. Definitely heavily capellas based, with something else in there. I liked it, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep it around.

Big Willies Custard - 4/5 - Oldie but a goodie! I forgot how awesome this flavor is! Its not my traditional type of custard, but I really like how nicely this custard steeps. Less of a Capellas type of VC, and it has a really nice brown sugar/maple flavor on the exhale. This will be a nice way to reset my taste, and will definitely be an occasional buy and vape in my rotation.

The Beard #51 - 2.5/5 - Couldn't quite get behind this. It's too much graham cracker/brown sugar. This was actually really good mixed with Superb as they have concentrations of different complementing flavors to a VC, but alone I'm not a fan.

Superb Vanilla Custard - 2.5/5 - Couldn't get behind this either. It had way to powerful of a flavor that is supposed to complement the VC. For this juice, its the buttery flavor. Imagine working in a popcorn factory. Which based on certain safety concerns might not be the best bet. Important note: I heat steeped this in a slow cooker, and I let the temperature get away from me, which cause the bottle to expand. That may have tainted the experience, so I might try and get my hands on another bottle some other time. Again, makes for a great vape when mixed with The Beard #51.

Cyclops Collossus - 3.5/5 - Interesting Vape, and I think I'll keep it around. It is VERY SWEET. That's its thing, it tastes like a sugar cookie with TPA Vanilla Custard. Its good and a nice change of pace, but not quite what I would look for in a vanilla custard.

Moon Mountain Cosmos Custard - 4.9/5 - Amazing flavor. Originally going to be my number 1, but Dis Won Reserve barely snatched it away. It's basically the same flavor, but Cosmos is not quite as potent flavor wise. That may be what you're looking for. It's also got the best artwork/graphic of them all in my opinion. I love this juice, and I will continue to buy it! Definitely going in my rotation!

Electrum Blonde - 4.5/5 - Great flavor, very focused on Vanilla and the eggy custard part. Is fairly creamy as well. I would say its like VapeWild On Cloud Custard with a little more of a punch. Definitely staying in my Rotation!

Yami Vapor Naruto - 3/5 - Man I really want to like this custard. Sometimes I will draw on it and I will think its the best flavor ever made. Then other times I will draw on it and will want to vomit. Its a VERY STRONG flavor. Almost too strong. Also, it tastes like bubble gum when you first pop it open, so let it steep for a while. I may keep it around and throw some in the tank from time to time, but definitely not an ADV.

Final Rotation: Dis Won Reserve, Cosmos Custard, Electrum Blonde, On Cloud Custard, Big Willies Custard.

Let me know your thoughts!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Vanilla Custard Round-Up
Ever since I started vaping, I have always been a big fan of Vanilla Custard e-juice. I still dream about one day coming across another bottle of Grants Vanilla Custard.
In any case, I recently transitioned back from salt nic, after taking a long hiatus from caring about what flavor I vaped on. I had some money to burn so I embarked on a journey to figure out what latest and greatest flavors would appeal to me.

o4LEVAC.jpg

Over the last 12 weeks, I procured 13 different Vanilla Custard Flavors. I want to give a brief review of each one, and then identify my favorite(s) as well as what my rotation is going forward.One Flavor that I also included but not pictured is
Electrum blonde. I am also waiting on an order for Black Unicorn Vanilla Custard and Vapetasia VC, so I might update this review later on. Also, all of these were vaped out of a Smok Nord, which I admit is probably not the best for flavor compared to an RDA or larger tank.
Anyways, to the reviews!

Air Factory Custard Craze: 2/5 - Not very impressed by this. It has a fairly bland vanilla flavor with graham cracker notes, which isn't really my cup of tea. This will not be in my rotation.

Gremlin Custard
- 2/5 - An old classic! I have to say, this was probably the most disappointing one. I had very positive fond memories of this juice from years ago. When I first tried this out of the bottle, it was very chemically, so I threw it in the cupboard for a couple of weeks to steep. Low and behold, it held onto this peppery, chemical taste that absolutely ruined the flavor. It is currently in my trash can.

Coil Vapes Dis Won Reserve - 5/5 - Hands down my favorite Vanilla Custard flavor to date. This vape absolutely blew me away, as I was very pleasantly surprised. The flavor profile is extremely similar to Cosmos Custard, but with a much more magnified and lasting flavor. The best way I can describe this is the perfect blend of creamy, sweet and vanilla, with a great exhale balance of butter and egginess. It's hard to describe, I get a bit of Capellas, Bavarian cream, and other flavors I can't quite pin down, but it just all comes together so well. This will be my #1 juice in my rotation. I cannot recommend this flavor enough.

Cali Bear Gang Sacramento - 3.5/5 - Very simple and good flavor, Straight up salt Vanilla Custard. Tastes like Capellas that was steeped well, but not much else in the way of complexity. A nice simple vanilla custard for those of you that don't want any bells or whistles in your VC.

Vape Wild On Cloud Custard - 4/5 - Very Very good simplistic custard. A little more complex than Cali, but still very simple and the flavor is mellow and not overpowering. Has a nice eggy exhale, I get notes of Capellas. This is a great ADV becauase it is very mellow, and is definitely going in my rotation.

That 1 Vape Very Vanilla Custard - 3.5/5 - Interesting flavor, similar to On Cloud Custard but with a little more vanilla tartness to it. Definitely heavily capellas based, with something else in there. I liked it, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep it around.

Big Willies Custard - 4/5 - Oldie but a goodie! I forgot how awesome this flavor is! Its not my traditional type of custard, but I really like how nicely this custard steeps. Less of a Capellas type of VC, and it has a really nice brown sugar/maple flavor on the exhale. This will be a nice way to reset my taste, and will definitely be an occasional buy and vape in my rotation.

The Beard #51 - 2.5/5 - Couldn't quite get behind this. It's too much graham cracker/brown sugar. This was actually really good mixed with Superb as they have concentrations of different complementing flavors to a VC, but alone I'm not a fan.

Superb Vanilla Custard - 2.5/5 - Couldn't get behind this either. It had way to powerful of a flavor that is supposed to complement the VC. For this juice, its the buttery flavor. Imagine working in a popcorn factory. Which based on certain safety concerns might not be the best bet. Important note: I heat steeped this in a slow cooker, and I let the temperature get away from me, which cause the bottle to expand. That may have tainted the experience, so I might try and get my hands on another bottle some other time. Again, makes for a great vape when mixed with The Beard #51.

Cyclops Collossus - 3.5/5 - Interesting Vape, and I think I'll keep it around. It is VERY SWEET. That's its thing, it tastes like a sugar cookie with TPA Vanilla Custard. Its good and a nice change of pace, but not quite what I would look for in a vanilla custard.

Moon Mountain Cosmos Custard - 4.9/5 - Amazing flavor. Originally going to be my number 1, but Dis Won Reserve barely snatched it away. It's basically the same flavor, but Cosmos is not quite as potent flavor wise. That may be what you're looking for. It's also got the best artwork/graphic of them all in my opinion. I love this juice, and I will continue to buy it! Definitely going in my rotation!

Electrum Blonde - 4.5/5 - Great flavor, very focused on Vanilla and the eggy custard part. Is fairly creamy as well. I would say its like VapeWild On Cloud Custard with a little more of a punch. Definitely staying in my Rotation!

Yami Vapor Naruto - 3/5 - Man I really want to like this custard. Sometimes I will draw on it and I will think its the best flavor ever made. Then other times I will draw on it and will want to vomit. Its a VERY STRONG flavor. Almost too strong. Also, it tastes like bubble gum when you first pop it open, so let it steep for a while. I may keep it around and throw some in the tank from time to time, but definitely not an ADV.

Final Rotation: Dis Won Reserve, Cosmos Custard, Electrum Blonde, On Cloud Custard, Big Willies Custard.

Welcome to the forums, and very nice job with the reviews.

I have tried so hard to get into custard flavors in my 5 years of vaping. It's something about that eggy note that does not agree with me. The only two that I have liked thus far is VCT by Ripe Vapes and Rated S for Sic. Rated S is rather nice, it's a creme brulee/custard.

With regards to the ones you reviewed, which ones have the least "eggy" flavor going on in your opinion?

pepperonifogdart

Feb 13, 2019

I have tried so hard to get into custard flavors in my 5 years of vaping. It's something about that eggy note that does not agree with me. The only two that I have liked thus far is VCT by Ripe Vapes and Rated S for Sic. Rated S is rather nice, it's a creme brulee/custard.

With regards to the ones you reviewed, which ones have the least "eggy" flavor going on in your opinion?
Thanks!
Honestly that’s a tough one. They are all fairly eggy. It’s one of the parts I love about custards. I feel like the best way is to drown out the flavor with a supplemental brown sugar/graham cracker/maple flavor. Have you tried Big Willies at all?

pepperonifogdart

Feb 13, 2019
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to checkout:
Vanilla Custard E-Liquid
DIY Flavor Shack makes a plain DIY Vanilla which is highly rated in the DIY community. If the custard is made with this base flavor, you may be in for a real treat.
re: Holy vanilla [DIY Flavor Shack] : DIY_eJuice
re: @dawnmarie
Forum Supplier, from Las Vegas Nevada
Thanks! Long time lurker but glad to be here :)
I’ve been out of the DIY scene for a long time, but have been tempted to get back into it. DFS is on the top of my list of purchases once I make the plunge again!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Thanks!
Honestly that’s a tough one. They are all fairly eggy. It’s one of the parts I love about custards. I feel like the best way is to drown out the flavor with a supplemental brown sugar/graham cracker/maple flavor. Have you tried Big Willies at all?

I have tried Big Willies. It's been a long time though and I can't remember if I liked it or not. I know there was another one that was popular during that time called Smoked Custard by Nick's Blissful Brews that was pretty good. It was tough on coils though. Merkury makes a smoked banana custard that sounds interesting. I might get a bottle on my next order.

There is a vendor called The Refuge that has a custard flavor available and it's very affordable.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma

If it"s a bold vanilla flavor you after try French Vanilla Brown Sugar by 80V.....

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
If it"s a bold vanilla flavor you after try French Vanilla Brown Sugar by 80V.....

I tried it and it wasn't for me. I'm not saying it's a bad juice because I know it has a tremendous following. I do love many of the other 80V flavors though. I am vaping 80V's Honey Mellow as I type this.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Grant's was the first custard I ever tried and I fell in love with it. That started me away from tobacco flavors and on to other bakeries and then to fruits. I am now back to tobacco's, mainly nets, but I will always remember that first puff of Grant's. Funny thing now is, I cant stand custards anymore, it's weird how our tastes change... so Grant's is no more?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

pepperonifogdart

Feb 13, 2019
Grant's was the first custard I ever tried and I fell in love with it. That started me away from tobacco flavors and on to other bakeries and then to fruits. I am now back to tobacco's, mainly nets, but I will always remember that first puff of Grant's. Funny thing now is, I cant stand custards anymore, it's weird how our tastes change... so Grant's is no more?

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Multiple emails out to Grant with no response. Same landing page on his website saying they are closed for a bit. His business license is still active, but a whole lot of nothing else to go off of.
I know a lot of people swear by the diy Grants Vanilla Custard, but I always feel there is something missing with that recipe no matter what variations I’ve tried.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:?:@pepperonifogdart

I started vaping and doing DIY for my vaping 6 years ago. But I also bought some premade liquids to try out (mostly from early 2013 to early 2015). While not my personal favorite flavor profiles I did try out/vape several VC's. Those I remember the most are Grant's, Bryce's, Sleeping Dragon, 24C, Costar and Nicoticket. Of them Grants and Sleeping Dragon were the only ones I bought more than once.

Some pictures I had saved... the one of Grants is the last 300ml I bought of it in July 2014.

1grants.jpg 2bryces.jpg 3daftspunk.jpg 424c.jpg 5costar.jpg

Along this line... I recently was rearranging some of my cold storage and found that I still had a 120ml bottle of Daft Spunk (Sleeping Dragon, Flower Mound TX) that was buried in the vape freezer. Yes, I have way too much in liquid reserves. I had forgot about it being in there, so dug it out. Checking back I had bought it in early April 2015. It still looked and smelled just fine, so I dripped a little of it, and it tastes the same as I remember it. The value of cold storage proves itself again, and says something for the quality of the ingredients it was made from by SD. I've kept it out to play with it again for awhile, and maybe will try to incorporate it into some of my DIY as a minor additive. I also found a 60ml bottle of Nicoticket Wakonda I forgot I had that was also bought years ago. I knew there was a lot of flavor concentrates in there I had never used, and around 750ml in several glass bottles of premade coffee joose I bought from Nude Nicotine years ago that I never used up... but what else remains to be seen when I get around to it.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Vanilla Custard Round-Up

o4LEVAC.jpg

Anyways, to the reviews!

Gremlin Custard

You have created the Paradise thread for me. Thank you, thank you for doing this. I've been vaping VCs for years and still do. I've been DIYing for a while now but still buy occasional favorites. Would you be so kind as to include links to your list if you have them handy?

• Agree
Reactions: chellie

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Has anyone tried G2's Vazilla? I'm a diehard G2 Carny4 fan and wasn't happy trying other G2 flavors until Vazilla. It has a pleasant butterscotch exhale, a creamy vanilla texture w/o the heaviness that some complain about in Cap's VC V1.

I'm always on the chase for the "perfect" vanilla and would love to hear as many opinions as you have. Also wondering if you've come across a vanilla with caramel notes like the caramel in Carny4 which I can not find in any other juice or extract anywhere. It's been driving me nuts for 4 years.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I’ve tried everything I can think of. Multiple emails out to Grant with no response. Same landing page on his website saying they are closed for a bit. His business license is still active, but a whole lot of nothing else to go off of.
I know a lot of people swear by the diy Grants Vanilla Custard, but I always feel there is something missing with that recipe no matter what variations I’ve tried.
About 6 months ago, just out of curiosity, I checked to see if he was still around and seen the same thing on his site. That guy could be racking in the bucks if he wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread