Vanilla Custard Round Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Has anyone tried G2's Vazilla? I'm a diehard G2 Carny4 fan and wasn't happy trying other G2 flavors until Vazilla. It has a pleasant butterscotch exhale, a creamy vanilla texture w/o the heaviness that some complain about in Cap's VC V1.

I'm always on the chase for the "perfect" vanilla and would love to hear as many opinions as you have. Also wondering if you've come across a vanilla with caramel notes like the caramel in Carny4 which I can not find in any other juice or extract anywhere. It's been driving me nuts for 4 years.
Have you tried Northern Lights Vanillawsome? Another good straight vanilla similar too Vazilla

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
G.C.C. (Game Changing Custard) is a good one.

"A rich buttery vanilla custard topped off with crushed graham crackers and a few butterscotch chips. Finished off with a slight maple syrup drizzle. Mouth watering smoothness. This is the Game Changing Custard."

www.fivefoldvapor.com/product-page/g-c-c
I already bookmarked it! Ya'll gotta stop. I'm gonna go for broke.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Vanilla Custard Round-Up
Ever since I started vaping, I have always been a big fan of Vanilla Custard e-juice. I still dream about one day coming across another bottle of Grants Vanilla Custard.
In any case, I recently transitioned back from salt nic, after taking a long hiatus from caring about what flavor I vaped on. I had some money to burn so I embarked on a journey to figure out what latest and greatest flavors would appeal to me.

o4LEVAC.jpg

Over the last 12 weeks, I procured 13 different Vanilla Custard Flavors. I want to give a brief review of each one, and then identify my favorite(s) as well as what my rotation is going forward.One Flavor that I also included but not pictured is
Electrum blonde. I am also waiting on an order for Black Unicorn Vanilla Custard and Vapetasia VC, so I might update this review later on. Also, all of these were vaped out of a Smok Nord, which I admit is probably not the best for flavor compared to an RDA or larger tank.
Anyways, to the reviews!

Air Factory Custard Craze: 2/5 - Not very impressed by this. It has a fairly bland vanilla flavor with graham cracker notes, which isn't really my cup of tea. This will not be in my rotation.

Gremlin Custard
- 2/5 - An old classic! I have to say, this was probably the most disappointing one. I had very positive fond memories of this juice from years ago. When I first tried this out of the bottle, it was very chemically, so I threw it in the cupboard for a couple of weeks to steep. Low and behold, it held onto this peppery, chemical taste that absolutely ruined the flavor. It is currently in my trash can.

Coil Vapes Dis Won Reserve - 5/5 - Hands down my favorite Vanilla Custard flavor to date. This vape absolutely blew me away, as I was very pleasantly surprised. The flavor profile is extremely similar to Cosmos Custard, but with a much more magnified and lasting flavor. The best way I can describe this is the perfect blend of creamy, sweet and vanilla, with a great exhale balance of butter and egginess. It's hard to describe, I get a bit of Capellas, Bavarian cream, and other flavors I can't quite pin down, but it just all comes together so well. This will be my #1 juice in my rotation. I cannot recommend this flavor enough.

Cali Bear Gang Sacramento - 3.5/5 - Very simple and good flavor, Straight up salt Vanilla Custard. Tastes like Capellas that was steeped well, but not much else in the way of complexity. A nice simple vanilla custard for those of you that don't want any bells or whistles in your VC.

Vape Wild On Cloud Custard - 4/5 - Very Very good simplistic custard. A little more complex than Cali, but still very simple and the flavor is mellow and not overpowering. Has a nice eggy exhale, I get notes of Capellas. This is a great ADV becauase it is very mellow, and is definitely going in my rotation.

That 1 Vape Very Vanilla Custard - 3.5/5 - Interesting flavor, similar to On Cloud Custard but with a little more vanilla tartness to it. Definitely heavily capellas based, with something else in there. I liked it, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep it around.

Big Willies Custard - 4/5 - Oldie but a goodie! I forgot how awesome this flavor is! Its not my traditional type of custard, but I really like how nicely this custard steeps. Less of a Capellas type of VC, and it has a really nice brown sugar/maple flavor on the exhale. This will be a nice way to reset my taste, and will definitely be an occasional buy and vape in my rotation.

The Beard #51 - 2.5/5 - Couldn't quite get behind this. It's too much graham cracker/brown sugar. This was actually really good mixed with Superb as they have concentrations of different complementing flavors to a VC, but alone I'm not a fan.

Superb Vanilla Custard - 2.5/5 - Couldn't get behind this either. It had way to powerful of a flavor that is supposed to complement the VC. For this juice, its the buttery flavor. Imagine working in a popcorn factory. Which based on certain safety concerns might not be the best bet. Important note: I heat steeped this in a slow cooker, and I let the temperature get away from me, which cause the bottle to expand. That may have tainted the experience, so I might try and get my hands on another bottle some other time. Again, makes for a great vape when mixed with The Beard #51.

Cyclops Collossus - 3.5/5 - Interesting Vape, and I think I'll keep it around. It is VERY SWEET. That's its thing, it tastes like a sugar cookie with TPA Vanilla Custard. Its good and a nice change of pace, but not quite what I would look for in a vanilla custard.

Moon Mountain Cosmos Custard - 4.9/5 - Amazing flavor. Originally going to be my number 1, but Dis Won Reserve barely snatched it away. It's basically the same flavor, but Cosmos is not quite as potent flavor wise. That may be what you're looking for. It's also got the best artwork/graphic of them all in my opinion. I love this juice, and I will continue to buy it! Definitely going in my rotation!

Electrum Blonde - 4.5/5 - Great flavor, very focused on Vanilla and the eggy custard part. Is fairly creamy as well. I would say its like VapeWild On Cloud Custard with a little more of a punch. Definitely staying in my Rotation!

Yami Vapor Naruto - 3/5 - Man I really want to like this custard. Sometimes I will draw on it and I will think its the best flavor ever made. Then other times I will draw on it and will want to vomit. Its a VERY STRONG flavor. Almost too strong. Also, it tastes like bubble gum when you first pop it open, so let it steep for a while. I may keep it around and throw some in the tank from time to time, but definitely not an ADV.

Final Rotation: Dis Won Reserve, Cosmos Custard, Electrum Blonde, On Cloud Custard, Big Willies Custard.

Let me know your thoughts!
I have them all bookmarked and am going to look for the best deals. Although some were quite reasonably priced. Also, some were cloned. That may come later after I try the real thing and see which I favor. The only concern I have is not all are available in small bottles for a test drive. At least, what I found.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
You can ask :) At the moment all my recipes are private....haven't had the confidence to post one yet...:unsure:
Haha, that's how I feel about mine. If I'm in the company of a vapor who has similar tastes I may be more inclined. But I've heard people ask, "How can you vape custard, it has no flavor?" Phil Busardo said that once. Love the guy but.......or the ones who vape Cinnamon Red Hots, the hotter, the better! I don't think they have much use for vanilla custard vapes. Personally, I think we are elite and "the others" will never understand:p:laugh:

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I hope this thread grows because I see great potential here. Whether it be sharing recipes or great commercial finds, there's always the hunt for the Holy Grail of vanilla custards. I'm a vanilla flavor collector looking for my favorites to diy with. There are some I haven't opened yet.

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Kansas City
Thank you for the reviews, I also love Vanilla custard vapes. I have tried many over the years. I currently mostly vape Custard DIY recipes. My two favorites are
Game over Custard: This was my favorite all day vape for the last year or so. A nice strong complex flavor - highly recommend this one
Chef's flavor's Nice Custard cream concentrate: This one blew me away and took over the all day vape spot from Game over custard. This is sold at One Stop DIY Shop. I HIGHLY recommend giving this a try. Tastes just like custard cream cookies. I mix it a 17%

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Thank you for the reviews, I also love Vanilla custard vapes. I have tried many over the years. I currently mostly vape Custard DIY recipes. My two favorites are
Game over Custard: This was my favorite all day vape for the last year or so. A nice strong complex flavor - highly recommend this one
Chef's flavor's Nice Custard cream concentrate: This one blew me away and took over the all day vape spot from Game over custard. This is sold at One Stop DIY Shop. I HIGHLY recommend giving this a try. Tastes just like custard cream cookies. I mix it a 17%
Thanks for the suggestion. That's one I haven't tried yet, the Chef's Flavor's that is. And I believe I have an account at One Stop. Bookmarked! This one is right up my alley. They mention a coconut exhale. Well, that's just how I make one of my favorite diys called Coconut Cookie Custard. Glad you dropped in:)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Went on a hunt for some of the recommendations and ran into a lot of "out of stocks". That only tells me one thing.....it's good!

I was able to procure a bottle of Vanillawesome from eLiquid.com. It shipped out today.
G.C.C. (Game Changing Custard) is a good one.

"A rich buttery vanilla custard topped off with crushed graham crackers and a few butterscotch chips. Finished off with a slight maple syrup drizzle. Mouth watering smoothness. This is the Game Changing Custard."

www.fivefoldvapor.com/product-page/g-c-c
Have you tried their vanilla, caramel, double shot espresso?

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yes, I've made Game Over Custard. However, I'll be heading over To Chef's Flavors for that concentrate;)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@mattymatt82 I just placed an order for Nice Custard Cream. I can't wait. This sounds like something right in my flavor profile. I make an ADV vanilla custard with coconut and cookie flavors. This one sounds like it covers all those bases.

Do you use this flavor as a standalone? Add any cookie/biscuit, vanilla or more coconut?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Kansas City
@mattymatt82 I just placed an order for Nice Custard Cream. I can't wait. This sounds like something right in my flavor profile. I make an ADV vanilla custard with coconut and cookie flavors. This one sounds like it covers all those bases.

Do you use this flavor as a standalone? Add any cookie/biscuit, vanilla or more coconut?
I use it as a standalone. I mix it at 17% even though they recommend a higher percentage than that.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
So, I'm not seeing a whole lot of similar flavor profiles between Vanillawesome and Vazilla. Vazilla is described as a creamy vanilla with a hint of butterscotch exhale and that's exactly what I get from it. Vanillawesome is described as one scoop vanilla, one scoop awesome. I'm not sure what awesome tastes like so I can't expound more on it. It hits the throat more than Vazilla which is fine by me but I can't identify what's in it, which is odd. It's not bad but it's definitely not Vazilla, imo. *sigh* just another testament to how differently we perceive flavor sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: suzybdone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread