Vanilla flavor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby_Ro

Oct 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Hi everyone. My first time on the site. I'm a traditional type a e-cig user: Small to medium batteries & prefilled carts. My personal priority when searching for e-cig is Flavor & a consistent smooth Vap-flow. Quality of the flavor over the quantity. First e-cig was Blu Vivid Vanilla Premium. I absolutely fell in love w/ the taste of that particular vanilla..its creamy w/ just a hint of vanilla sweetness w/out the heavy bean taste or tobacco overide & a smooth creamy finish as I exhale. Absolutely delicious. Now why I came here for help is this--
Not too long ago as most know Blu began their full force promoting & selling new product Plus kit & tanks. They still offer Premium cartridges on the site, which is great but no longer offer premium batteries ..only plus batteries...which makes noo sense at allll since plus batteries w/ tiny cartridges is absurd & only drains cartridge out faster. Ridiculous. Anyway let me stay on topic.. Vivid vanilla tanks taste horrible to me. I tried to like them ..really I tried. It does not even taste like the same vanilla. Spoke to Blu they said tanks have no filter the cartridges do & thats the difference..Ya right! I dunno why it is so different or whats been up w/ Blu lately period but the tanks are harsh, they crackle, have no creamy taste & quality is depressing. Anyway I need help with finding closest tasting (preferably prefilled) vanilla flavor as to my favorite. I tried Njoy, Vuse, & Whitecloud & have had to return get refund or their just rotting in my drawer. With Blu making the switch from Premium to Plus w/out giving their premium original customers the option of both is absolutely just dumb. Extremely frustrating! Wth? And now just found out they have discontinued the premium battery too. Really?! Whats next? ..well evidently they will discontinue selling the Vivid Vanilla cartrdges online too. I feel like I am loosing an exclusive bestfriend not easily replaced.. its sad.. I cant focus this all I think about people! Especially after spending time money & high hopes on new brands but then that moment again.... When you take first drag & realize its not the one. Ugh!! My anxiety stems from not wanting to turn back to smoking nasty cigerrettes again. And I just love my flavor. I need a back up plan before vivid vanilla cartridge discontinue for good. Any comments, suggestions, support anything would help.Thanks.

Last edited:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hmmmm... maybe not a perfect solution for you, but perhaps you could check these links out and see if that would be acceptable for you?

Joyetech E-Roll
A refillable cigarette styled vape device.

Giant Vapes Vanilla Juices
Giant Vapes filtered by flavor=Vanilla. Giant Vapes has a TON of juices and flavors... You are certain to find a flavor there that you would like, but it'll probably take a bit of experimentation. Most of these would work well with the E-roll.
Cyclops Vapor: Colossus
This was my favorite Vanilla flavor before I made the switch to DIY juices.

Good luck in your search, Ruby... I certainly hope that you are able to find something that will replace your beloved flavor and keep you off of the smokes for good. The benefit of finding a device that you can refill yourself is that it's easier to find a flavor that you like that won't be discontinued. Many of the 'big name' juice vendors have been around for years and still produce the same flavors that they started with. They add new flavors from time to time, but rarely drop a flavor line entirely.

Ruby_Ro

Oct 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Nicotickets Frenilla is the best vanilla I've ever had! Nice super creamy vanilla flavor!

Edit: sorry I didn't realize you were looking for pre filled carts.

Thats ok Im open looking at other options I go for flavor if thats the one Im try it. I went on EasyVap site last night ordered 5 empty blu compatible catomizers.

Sent from my Com

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
There is also a tank that's made by Mistic that fits blu batteries. I saw it at Walgreens the other day. I don't know how well it works but it looks neat!
cd98d433de77c0914812084ddcbb85e4.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
There is also a tank that's made by Mistic that fits blu batteries. I saw it at Walgreens the other day. I don't know how well it works but it looks neat!
cd98d433de77c0914812084ddcbb85e4.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I've used these, and was actually a bit impressed. Very simple to use, flavor was decent, and it actually worked with a fairly high VG% (80% VG). Definitely worth a try, IMHO.
Of course, I'm an unrepentant tinkerer, and I pulled the wick out and replaced it with a bit of rayon after using it for a week or so... it was even better with rayon wick in it! Now that you've reminded me of this, I need to go pick up a few more. It did make a really decent 'on-the-go' vape for the car...

Reactions: ckquatt

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't really know what to say without sounding unsupportive.
Blu, vuse, njoy and (let grace forbid) whitecloud?
These companies (let's count out Njoy) are money making machines selling garbage to the masses. If you found a good flavour and now it is discontinued I feel bad for you. What you need to do is stop falling for these dreadful products and take a step back (to protect your wallet as well as your sanity)
There are many good liquids out there but you need to venture into new territory. If the priority is vapor flow and flavor you won't find it in these brand. If blu "win the race" in Europe there won't even be e-cigs as we know them by mid 2016. They are supporting a ban on refillable products that will affect millions of vapers.
(I'll stop there)...

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I would take this as a push towards getting some decent kit and fully embracing the wonderful world of vaping.

If you can get over the initial shock of switching from Cig-a-like to a VW mod with Tank then you will open yourself up to an entirely new level of vaping satisfaction.

As for the juices, I will agree with @ckquatt on the Frenilla, it really is a good vanilla (better in a tank than a dripper for me), very rich and creamy tasting.
If you want a slight twist, then you should also try Nicoticket's Strawnilla, it is basically Frenilla with added Strawberry.

I am not sure if it still works, but there was a buy one get one free code for Nicoticket, which is BOGO (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I would take this as a push towards getting some decent kit and fully embracing the wonderful world of vaping.

If you can get over the initial shock of switching from Cig-a-like to a VW mod with Tank then you will open yourself up to an entirely new level of vaping satisfaction.

As for the juices, I will agree with @ckquatt on the Frenilla, it really is a good vanilla (better in a tank than a dripper for me), very rich and creamy tasting.
If you want a slight twist, then you should also try Nicoticket's Strawnilla, it is basically Frenilla with added Strawberry.

I am not sure if it still works, but there was a buy one get one free code for Nicoticket, which is BOGO (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Enjoying some Strawnilla in my Reo right now! Oh so good!!!

Ruby_Ro

Oct 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Hmmmm... maybe not a perfect solution for you, but perhaps you could check these links out and see if that would be acceptable for you?

Joyetech E-Roll
A refillable cigarette styled vape device.

Giant Vapes Vanilla Juices
Giant Vapes filtered by flavor=Vanilla. Giant Vapes has a TON of juices and flavors... You are certain to find a flavor there that you would like, but it'll probably take a bit of experimentation. Most of these would work well with the E-roll.
Cyclops Vapor: Colossus
This was my favorite Vanilla flavor before I made the switch to DIY juices.

Good luck in your search, Ruby... I certainly hope that you are able to find something that will replace your beloved flavor and keep you off of the smokes for good. The benefit of finding a device that you can refill yourself is that it's easier to find a flavor that you like that won't be discontinued. Many of the 'big name' juice vendors have been around for years and still produce the same flavors that they started with. They add new flavors from time to time, but rarely drop a flavor line entirely.
Well said. Thx for info im check it out

Reactions: Kaezziel

Ruby_Ro

Oct 21, 2015
Providence, RI

I don't really know what to say without sounding unsupportive.
Blu, vuse, njoy and (let grace forbid) whitecloud?
These companies (let's count out Njoy) are money making machines selling garbage to the masses. If you found a good flavour and now it is discontinued I feel bad for you. What you need to do is stop falling for these dreadful products and take a step back (to protect your wallet as well as your sanity)
There are many good liquids out there but you need to venture into new territory. If the priority is vapor flow and flavor you won't find it in these brand. If blu "win the race" in Europe there won't even be e-cigs as we know them by mid 2016. They are supporting a ban on refillable products that will affect millions of vapers.
(I'll stop there)...
I prefer cig a likes. Thats how I like it. I am able to open mind to blank cartomizers use to fill w/ e liquid I desire its just got be that creamy vanilla or similar. Saving money yea that be awesome. This is a new for me. At first depressing but now Im pretty excited to really explore true world of the magic thats out there w/out all stress. This site is awesome. Exactly what I needed.

Last edited:

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
Blu are a scumbag company. I'd rather go back on cigarettes than use them. You could try one of the cheap eGo batteries with a disposable atomizer and a cheap liquid? The size is only slightly thicker than a really cig. If you invest slightly more you can get a decent looking refillable pen but I have forgotten the brand name. And they were the same thickness of a smoke too! Would of been ideal for you.

Reactions: djsvapour

jnslprd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
LINY
I did the same as you and continued to return to cigs after each failed attempts with the cig a likes. As crappy as it seems if you really want to quit with vaping you are going to have to move on to bigger equipment. Right now is an awesome time to switch with all the quality products out at real cheap prices. As far as the size and feel of the cig a likes, it only takes a few days to get used to something new. First few huge delicious smoke filled hits and you will forget about the cig a likes for good. The Kanger Sub box mini combo looks like the perfect set up for a beginner and can be had online for under $80 for battery and tank. As for the vanilla liquid I still search for that perfect vanilla weekly and the best I have had is Ripe Vapes VCT 3mg nicotine, stuff is like crack.

Good luck, all of the above is just my opinion. After switching to a similar set up I haven't had a cig for almost a year and if I would have not been stubborn to switch in the beginning I would have save a ton of money and time.

Reactions: DoubleEwe

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Ruby - Sorry this is so long, but want you to know you're not alone!

I totally understand where you're coming from, regarding the cig-a-likes! Starting on Nov. 10, 2013 I also used something to help me quit cigarettes...that was as close to a cigarette as I could get. It was a JoyeTech 510 Starter Kit, that came with 2 cigarette-like 280mAh batteries (little end lit up when used), 2 atomizers, 5 empty foam-filled cartridges (so I could choose a flavor I liked in them), and the chargers to recharge the little batteries. I'm convinced that because I started vaping with that kit and not something larger in size - I was able to totally quit a 40+ year cigarette habit of at least a pack a day.

I gradually weaned myself off the cigs by only allowing myself a set number of them each day...while substituting vaping for the cigs I didn't have. (I'd already gotten down to 1/2 pack a day, from my usual 1-1 1/2 packs daily, when I started to transition to vaping.) I could "puff on" the 510's holding them almost exactly like I did a cigarette, and they were lightweight, charged relatively fast, took up only a tiny bit of room in my purse, and weren't "big & clunky" looking, or so obvious. Every 5 days I cut down the number of real cigs I could have by 1, and vaped more. By January 14th, 2014 I was smoke free and have never even wanted a real cigarette while quitting nor since then.

I've so far gotten two other female friends to totally transition over to vaping as well...also using the cig-a-likes, which they preferred, too! There are still websites that sell the Joye 510 batteries, as well as other brands, and they even have them in several different colors (stainless, blue, red, pink,mpurple, etc.) as well as black and white ones.

I exclusively used the small 510 batteries, my atomizers, refillable cartridges, etc. until I tried a Vision Nano clearomizer on them in May of 2014. I was hooked right away on the advantages of a clearomizer versus the cartridges, and the Nano was still the small, slender, size I wanted. Plus, the atomizer in them lasted for about a week before I'd have to use a new one! When I found that they were being discontinued and getting harder to find...I bought all of them on Sale that I could, so I still have a couple years worth of them stashed away.

I also still have about a dozen of the 510 slim batteries that I've bought during the last year and a half. Some are still brand new and the others are still going strong. They're good to have on hand for female friends to try. Plus, I still use one several times a week for dripping or when I'm out somewhere and don't want to be too obvious vaping.

However, I must confess...that starting about July of last year when I knew for certain I'd never smoke again, I broke down and bought some eGo/eGo-T batteries, because I was having to charge my little 510's too often as I vaped more. Now I use 650 mAh and 1100mAh batteries most, but also recently have gotten several iClear MVP 2.0 Shine mods that are 2600mAh. Also use larger clearomizers sometimes now (iClear 16D with replaceable coils are my favorites with the biggest batteries.) Yes, they're all larger, heavier, and "clunkier" than my little 510's, but I "need" the larger battery and clearo capacity as I vape a great deal each day. Plus, my male friends find the larger batteries & clearos more to their liking than the 510's and Nanos. So far, I've gotten 3 guys to quit cigs, too, using them.

So, IMO, use whatever "works" for you at the time, to keep you off the cigarettes. I don't think the slim, 510's and others will ever totally disappear (since so many women smokers prefer them to start with), but you may want to just "try something" with a larger capacity, battery wise and e-liquid wise. Good Luck staying off the cigs. Quitting was a personal triumph for me, and I hope it will be for you, too!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Here's the thing: I'm sure you gravitated to the cigalikes due to familiar form factor, and the flavor of the blue vanilla caught your sweet spot. Now that's not an option, so you should consider broadening your perception.

Battery life is doo-doo on those cigalikes and cartidges were placed in a museum of archaic e-cig history not too long ago. There is an infinite spectrum of higher quality hardware to choose from.I know it's daunting to think of some equipment as fashionable, but let's face it, now. you're not smoking, so why does your apparatus need to look like a cigarette? If a slightly obscure object would offer a more pleasant experience, why not explore the options? Oh, and refillable gear is the most cost-effective way of vaping. Even better if you DIY liquid. there are thousands of e-liquid makers at this point. Artisan boutique flavors to fit any pallette are a plenty.

I DIY a creamy Frech Vanilla Custard with a hint of Hazelnut Praline, personally.

Good luck with your journey into a healthier lifestyle, whichever road you choose. Welcome to ECF.

Ruby_Ro

Oct 21, 2015
Providence, RI

I totally understand where you're coming from, regarding the cig-a-likes! Starting on Nov. 10, 2013 I also used something to help me quit cigarettes...that was as close to a cigarette as I could get. It was a JoyeTech 510 Starter Kit, that came with 2 cigarette-like 280mAh batteries (little end lit up when used), 2 atomizers, 5 empty foam-filled cartridges (so I could choose a flavor I liked in them), and the chargers to recharge the little batteries. I'm convinced that because I started vaping with that kit and not something larger in size - I was able to totally quit a 40+ year cigarette habit of at least a pack a day.

I gradually weaned myself off the cigs by only allowing myself a set number of them each day...while substituting vaping for the cigs I didn't have. (I'd already gotten down to 1/2 pack a day, from my usual 1-1 1/2 packs daily, when I started to transition to vaping.) I could "puff on" the 510's holding them almost exactly like I did a cigarette, and they were lightweight, charged relatively fast, took up only a tiny bit of room in my purse, and weren't "big & clunky" looking, or so obvious. Every 5 days I cut down the number of real cigs I could have by 1, and vaped more. By January 14th, 2014 I was smoke free and have never even wanted a real cigarette while quitting nor since then.

I've so far gotten two other female friends to totally transition over to vaping as well...also using the cig-a-likes, which they preferred, too! There are still websites that sell the Joye 510 batteries, as well as other brands, and they even have them in several different colors (stainless, blue, red, pink,mpurple, etc.) as well as black and white ones.

I exclusively used the small 510 batteries, my atomizers, refillable cartridges, etc. until I tried a Vision Nano clearomizer on them in May of 2014. I was hooked right away on the advantages of a clearomizer versus the cartridges, and the Nano was still the small, slender, size I wanted. Plus, the atomizer in them lasted for about a week before I'd have to use a new one! When I found that they were being discontinued and getting harder to find...I bought all of them on Sale that I could, so I still have a couple years worth of them stashed away.

I also still have about a dozen of the 510 slim batteries that I've bought during the last year and a half. Some are still brand new and the others are still going strong. They're good to have on hand for female friends to try. Plus, I still use one several times a week for dripping or when I'm out somewhere and don't want to be too obvious vaping.

However, I must confess...that starting about July of last year when I knew for certain I'd never smoke again, I broke down and bought some eGo/eGo-T batteries, because I was having to charge my little 510's too often as I vaped more. Now I use 650 mAh and 1100mAh batteries most, but also recently have gotten several iClear MVP 2.0 Shine mods that are 2600mAh. Also use larger clearomizers sometimes now (iClear 16D with replaceable coils are my favorites with the biggest batteries.) Yes, they're all larger, heavier, and "clunkier" than my little 510's, but I "need" the larger battery and clearo capacity as I vape a great deal each day. Plus, my male friends find the larger batteries & clearos more to their liking than the 510's and Nanos. So far, I've gotten 3 guys to quit cigs, too, using them.

So, IMO, use whatever "works" for you at the time, to keep you off the cigarettes. I don't think the slim, 510's and others will ever totally disappear (since so many women smokers prefer them to start with), but you may want to just "try something" with a larger capacity, battery wise and e-liquid wise. Good Luck staying off the cigs. Quitting was a personal triumph for me, and I hope it will be for you, too!
Thanks for reply. Do you know a site I can go on to buy

Thanks for reply. Do you know a site I can go on that sells blu compatible 510 size batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread