Vape Escape (Brick and Mortar Phoenix, AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Gotta stop into this place. Very cool laid back vibe. They're still in their soft opening so the owners definitely have their listening ears on. The juice selection was great and I can imagine will only get better or with their big catalog of juices and website (once it's running) it's gonna be a good place to get a fresh made batch from.

Equipment was meh.

I didn't look around much at that (Ego's, rebranded lavatube 1 etc.) but they told me they are gearing towards the new vaper off the street for that kind of stuff. I kind of agree since most people that know what they want, know what they want and will most likely find a better price online vs. a brick and mortar any day of the week.

No Kanger Pro tanks.

That would be a good shelf item in my opinion but again I really don't know if they would see a profit with a competitive price and it is a pricey tank to just have sitting on the shelf.

But I'm no business major anyway so what do I know?

As far as the store vibe it was COMFORTABLE.

Nice cool, relaxing colors on the wall, beachy themed everything (surfboard menus) Nice big tv with the baseball game on. IMO I would even go as far as to say skip the sports channels and throw on some surf documentarys to give it even more of an island vibe, eg. endless summer, riding giants, step into liquid, september sessions etc. but I really love that stuff. (I drive all the way to desert ridge to Islands burgers, not only for their delicious gormet burgers but also for the art and videos on screen that let me forget for a second that I'm in the middle of the desert)

Now Juice.

I originally planned to go into Vape Escape to sample some Pink Spot with out blind ordering some to be shipped and to find out I don't like it.

I was more inclined to go in yesterday when the owner contacted me and offered me a deal that said "Dude just come into our store today, we really want you to check it out."

So when I first got there I had Pink Spot on the brain. Now, I'm not going to say Pink Spot wasn't worth the drive cause it was. I'm not going to say that I tried some Pink Spot flavors that I didn't absolutely love, cause I did.

But this place has some AMAZING (made in house) juices that will keep me coming back for more.

In fact, with every customer they start a sheet of the samples (oh there were lots to sample) that you love and you write them down, they cross off what you want now and then file it away for next time.

I was hard pressed to not ask for a second sheet after I filled every blank spot of my first sheet.

This is good quality juice and while it is not the lowest price in town you definitely get what you pay for. I got 2 bottles (1 30ml and 1 12ml) and I know I will be back for more.

12mls were just over 10 bucks and 30mls were at 22.95

I skipped the pink spot stuff for my order and went with 2 house blends.

Chocolate Mint - which is somehow an Andes mint in liquified form with a little added nic.

And Grape Escape - which makes me think of a tamer, more mellow, Grape Kool Aid that you could sip on all day beach side.

I don't want to give this place a thumbs up or thumbs down. Even though in my opinion it is a great brick and mortar that I will be making frequent repeat visits too. But like juice tastes I think Brick and Mortar expreiences are very subjective to each customer and what they are expecting.

I would at the very least reccomend stopping in for a minute to check out their digs and to meet the very very friendly staff.

Also if you make it in before Sunday they are giving away a sample bottle of their Pink Lemonade blend until supplies run out.

Just a warning though the pizza joint next door smells like heaven.

https://www.facebook.com/VapeEscapes?fref=ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread