Vape help

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
I recently bought a Voopoo Drag Mini. It was working fine but I think i may have messed something up overnight. My coils are the Freemax Fireluke Mesh Coil (Kanthal X1). Before when I used to take hits with the airflow closed, it worked fine and was producing a good amount of smoke. Now for some reason whenever i close the airflow off, there is very little smoke, exponentially less compared to before and sometimes it tastes burnt or very bitter/strong with little smoke. Is this some weird setting i may have changed or is it a problem with the coils or the actual device?? Much help would be very appreciated. New to this so unsure about my next course of action.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I recently bought a Voopoo Drag Mini. It was working fine but I think i may have messed something up overnight. My coils are the Freemax Fireluke Mesh Coil (Kanthal X1). Before when I used to take hits with the airflow closed, it worked fine and was producing a good amount of smoke. Now for some reason whenever i close the airflow off, there is very little smoke, exponentially less compared to before and sometimes it tastes burnt or very bitter/strong with little smoke. Is this some weird setting i may have changed or is it a problem with the coils or the actual device?? Much help would be very appreciated. New to this so unsure about my next course of action.
Hi and welcome,
What settings changed?
What mode and wattage had you been using before sleeping on the device?
What mode is the device in now? What is your current wattage setting?

Cheers
I

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
Hi and welcome,
What settings changed?
What mode and wattage had you been using before sleeping on the device?
What mode is the device in now? What is your current wattage setting?

Cheers
I
Im not sure what settings may have changed. I used 100w on a 90w recommended coil but i have replaced the coil but its still acting up. i used it at 90w for the hit and im pretty sure thats how i left it. Right now im using 70w and the device works fine. Another weird thing is that if there is a tiny fraction left open in the airflow it works fine but as soon as i fully close it. it starts to act like its 'spitting' again. 0.14 (upside down u symbol), 0.00V, 1.51S. As mentioned Freemax Fireluke Replacement Mesh Coils Kanthal X1. Feel free to ask anything. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
Sounds like the coil needs to be replaced. I’m not familiar with that particular device, but any coil needs some air flow to coil it down, and they’re only good for so long.
I have already replaced the coil with another but it still acting up. Someone said oversaturated coils? I store my coils in a bag so it could get hot in there. Thanks. Appreciate your help :).

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Also should i prime my coils before using them??

Yes. This could be your problem.
As well as closing the air flow off... These thing are made to like air flow, especially at high wattage.

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
Yes. This could be your problem.
As well as closing the air flow off... These thing are made to like air flow, especially at high wattage.
Ive never had a problem with airflow before and these coils are brand new. I got them the day before yesterday. Ill try to prime my coils and see what happens. However ive replaced the coil with a brand new one but it still acts incredibly weird with no airflow. COuld this be a problem with the actual device? Thank you so much .

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
* Vapour *
Sorry but i have a real problem with people referring to vapour as smoke. Please refrain from doing so or i will cry. And i don't look good when i cry.
P.S. Good luck !
Oops. Sorry my bad. New to vaping. Trying to ease off of smoking as my family members dislike it. Appreciate the correction <3

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ive never had a problem with airflow before and these coils are brand new. I got them the day before yesterday. Ill try to prime my coils and see what happens. However ive replaced the coil with a brand new one but it still acts incredibly weird with no airflow. COuld this be a problem with the actual device? Thank you so much .

Perhaps something is physically obstructing the airflow like lint, pocket fuzz or Doritos crumbs.
Before trying a new, primed coil, take the tank to bits and give it a good washing with some hot water and a bit of dish soap.
Wipe, shake, blow and draw thru the tank parts to clear any remaining water or foreign matter.

Good luck
I

* Vapour *
Sorry but i have a real problem with people referring to vapour as smoke. Please refrain from doing so or i will cry. And i don't look good when i cry.
P.S. Good luck !
Happy New year @ppeeble

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: deleted as per OP request

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Well... let's see. 100 watts and closed airflow. Do you not see a problem with this? Too many watts (I don't care what the coil says it's rated for) and airflow = cooling the coil. Also, yes, prime the coil! Fill the tank and wait 10 minutes before vaping. Start lower watts and gradually work up the power. Just guessing, but 60 watts should work fine (at least open the airflow 1/3)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I'm not trying to sound like a smart aleck but have you tried opening air flow a little bit? What happens when you do that? I understand liking a restricted airflow but completely closed off is a bit too restrictive maybe even though you used to use it that way. I'm not familiar with the device does it have an internal air flow that maybe you jostle? I'm playing around with my first mod pod and rather enjoying it but it has an internal air flow via a screw that you can put up and down and then an external one via a normal AFC. If yours has the same setup or something similar maybe you jostle the internal one and closed it off where it was previously open so you were actually getting some air flow without knowing it. Again I'm not familiar with the device but I would go ahead and clean whatever you can clean that the manufacturer meant for you to access and I would check for any internal air flow

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Freemax mesh pro and the fireluke 2 with the afcs open
20200104_140745.jpg

David Hei

Jan 2, 2020
UPDATE:
Thanks for everybodys help. I bought brand new replacement coils and primed them and they seem to be working just fine. I've primed the coil and apart from a bit of spitting/popping its working perfectly. I think the other coils were faulty as they all seemed to not work. Once again, thanks for everybody's contributions and info, really helped me out. <3 :)

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread