Vape mod screen not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRHBM

May 27, 2018
Hello! I am new to the forum here! I had a question for anyone who would be able to help me!
I have a Kaos Z 200 Watt. I woke up this morning and the screen is just discolored. I will include a picture down below.. It still fires but I can not see the screen at all.. My questions are, is it safe to still use it even though I can't see the screen? Also, does anyone know what the cause of this could be? I have never dropped it whatsoever.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

33753519_240767950017833_713148223937576960_n (1).jpg

GRHBM

May 27, 2018
Hello! I am new to the forum here! I had a question for anyone who would be able to help me!
I have a Kaos Z 200 Watt. I woke up this morning and the screen is just discolored. I will include a picture down below.. It still fires but I can not see the screen at all.. My questions are, is it safe to still use it even though I can't see the screen? Also, does anyone know what the cause of this could be? I have never dropped it whatsoever.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
33753519_240767950017833_713148223937576960_n (1).jpg

GRHBM

May 27, 2018
Did you try a reset? Insert the batteries and close the battery cover while holding the “minus” button. The device should reset to factory condition. If that doesn’t work o would look into warranty service or replacement, if it’s available.

I have not tried a reset but I will for sure! So when I reset it the batteries need to be inserted but does the mod need to be on or off?

GRHBM

May 27, 2018
Occam’s razor says garbage manufacturing. It might have been humidity or some such that did the damage but it even being susceptible is unacceptable. Is it still in the warranty period?

I agree. Unfortunately it's not in warranty.. However, I can't really complain. I have had it for almost six months. I was just hoping it would last a tad longer until I replace it with a better mod! Do you know if it's still safe for me to use it like this?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I have not tried a reset but I will for sure! So when I reset it the batteries need to be inserted but does the mod need to be on or off?
Open the battery cover. This will turn the device “off” since the batteries are disconnected. Press and hold the minus button while the batteries are disconnected. Re-close the battery cover to reconnect the batteries while holding down the minus button. The screen should display “RESTORE DEFAULTS.” Release the minus button.

http://www.sigelei.com/uploads/soft/Manual/Kaos/Kaos-Z-Manual.pdf

• Winner
Reactions: bombastinator

GRHBM

May 27, 2018
Open the battery cover. This will turn the device “off” since the batteries are disconnected. Press and hold the minus button while the batteries are disconnected. Re-close the battery cover to reconnect the batteries while holding down the minus button. The screen should display “RESTORE DEFAULTS.” Release the minus button.

http://www.sigelei.com/uploads/soft/Manual/Kaos/Kaos-Z-Manual.pdf
Thank you! I just reset it but it still didn't work for the screen.. I am going to be buying a new mod soon, I want to invest in something really good.. Do you have any suggestions?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Do you know if it's still safe for me to use it like this?

I would say if you want to keep using it until you can get a new mod then DO NOT reset it. The chances are good that just the screen (or the circuitry driving it) is defective and that your settings are as you left them making it "safeish" to keep using. If you do a reset and that does not fix it, then you will have no way of knowing what the settings are nor will you be able to change them so at that point it may not be safe to use without frying coils.

Really if it only lasted 6 months that isn't what I would consider a "good" device. I would be pretty peeved.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thank you! I just reset it but it still didn't work for the screen.. I am going to be buying a new mod soon, I want to invest in something really good.. Do you have any suggestions?

Personally I would suggest anything with a DNA board in it. They have a 1 year warranty. If you are a lower wattage vaper, then anything with the DNA 75C board would be good (HCigar VT 75D, Lost Vape Therion or Paranormal, etc.) If you need higher wattage then something with the DNA 250C board would fit the bill (HCigar VT 250S, ThinkVape Finder 250C, and I think there is a Paranormal 250C now too).

The 75C board is rated for max 75watts but it's not good to run anything at 100% so I would say keep it at 50w or less. The 250C board, will depend on how many batteries the device uses. With 2 batteries it's rated at 166w so I would keep it to about 130w or less. With 3 batteries it's 250w so keep it to say 220 or less. The HCigar VT 250S can use either 2 or 3 batteries so that is the most universal of the mods I know about.

These are all a bit more expensive, but they last and have a great warranty. AT&T said it the best: "You get what you pay for".

• Useful
Reactions: SomethingElse

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
I would say its safe to vape with a rta. You can guess your usual wattage pretty close by heat and ramp up speed. Unless you already vape a rda to the edge of your batteries amp rating then i wouldnt try. I wouldnt use it with a tank either, might burn alot of coils. If your warranty is already up you can take it apart and check the ribbon wire to the screen. And like stated above you get what you pay for. If you plan on vaping for a while get better qaulity. In the long run it's actually cheaper.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Do you know if it's still safe for me to use it like this?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would not trust it. If you insist on gambling, I would never leave any batteries in a defective mod unattended.
For replacement mod suggestions, might post the question in the: VV/VW APV Discussion

• Agree
Reactions: RedBullBabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread