Vape Pen 22 (Re-wicking Coils and Replacing with new coil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I've been using FastTechs smok Styled 22 Vape pen for weeks.
The .3 ohm coil gives a very satisfying vape and the 1650mah battery seems to last a while between charging.
The first coil lasted 12 days with no problem till I took 2 hits with an empty tank. I carefully removed the wick and (NR-R-NR coil.) Gently torched the coil clean. Wrapped new cotton on it and used it for another 10 days. ( Periodically I would push a 3.5mm post in to clear the wicking out of the way of the draw.) I re-wicked this twice with great results. After a month, I figured to build a new coil.
WELL,,, this was a bad idea. Even thou I had .5 ohm NR-R-NR wire,(SS wire in the middle), it didn't work. Not even close. I have tried everything. Parallel .5 ohm NR-R-NR coil. Using the Steam Engine Wire Wizard for coil ohm building, I've tried straight Kanthal of all gauges, Nichrome, twisted, parallel everything I could think of. I tore apart and re-built them 5-7 times. ( All coils were built with no shorts, as the pen blinks repeatedly if there is a short in the coil.)
Just now on the 8th try I used 22 ga. Nichrome. It was very difficult to fit the positive post on without modifying it. And finally I'm getting some what close to a stock coil all though it needs a few hits to get it vaping nicely.
Has anyone out there had success at rebuilding these coils. Please share the technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread