Vape pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am curious what is your favorite vape pen? Been looking at uwell nunchucku, ijust 3, smok stick prince baby, ijoy saber, etc. already have smok vape pen plus, stick v8, and ego aio. Most important thing is flavor followed by coil longevity.
Cheeri said:
... I have every type of device/nic level/juice. I have everything from the sourin air and bo vape (both with nic salts), ikonn 22 with ello tank, few other devices, kylin mini rta, bravo rta, drop rda, demon killer tiny kit, freemax fireluke tank, ego aio with rba, couple other sticks. Oh, and hubby just bought me the smok x priv with prince tank couple of days ago. Yeah I am even making my own coils and into rebuilding. Except for the nic salts, I vape 6 mg in most tanks, but can only do 3mg in drippers. I probably have close to 200 bottles of juice and at least 10 different setups going at once. Definitely a willpower problem, lol....

Hi,
( I added a bit of history; do you still have ALL those devices?)
I think my next "device" will be a joyetech exceed edge.
http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-edge/

However, I suggest you pick a device or two from your arsenal and "Master" them.

Best of luck
I

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Most of them. Actually bought voopoo drag and crown 3. And got a khree pod mod. I have the exceeded 19 and didn’t like it plus broke pretty quick. Would like best for flavor. I did see vandy vape came out with berserker starter kit, but not a fan of nicotine salts. Thanks I will check that one out.
IMO, every device will produce a different flavour.
Depending on the juice you select, it may shine at high wattage and huge air flow, but taste over flavoured and muddy in a 10watt MTL device, or vice versa.

When I quit, I chose a juice I liked and it went in EVERY device I used.
I then found a tank that worked consistently.
That was the beginning of the end of my smoking habit.
After that I just substituted vaping for smoking.
Keep your chin up and count the cigarettes you DO NOT smoke.

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vape pens certainly have their time and place, but have you tried a variable wattage device?

Vape pens allow no adjustment of the vape, they are considered "fixed" or single output devices. Variable wattage just seems more practical and useful. You can adjust the power output to different flavors and different moods. I think everyone should have at least one variable wattage device in their collection.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Cheeri

Mar 17, 2018
Ohio, United States
IMO, every device will produce a different flavour.
Depending on the juice you select, it may shine at high wattage and huge air flow, but taste over flavoured and muddy in a 10watt MTL device, or vice versa.

When I quit, I chose a juice I liked and it went in EVERY device I used.
I then found a tank that worked consistently.
That was the beginning of the end of my smoking habit.
After that I just substituted vaping for smoking.
Keep your chin up and count the cigarettes you DO NOT smoke.

Cheers
I
Never thought my issue could be juice and not my device. Hmm. Now that is something to really think about. Ty.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I have the Uwell Nunchucku. It is variable wattage. I really like it. The coils last forever and the flavor is really good. It's a solid unit. Doesn't feel cheap at all. My only gripe is that it leaks sometimes. The coil doesn't screw into the base, it just sort of clicks into it which I think is poor design. It makes for juice getting underneath at times and then it leaks.

Cheeri

Mar 17, 2018
Ohio, United States
I have the Uwell Nunchucku. It is variable wattage. I really like it. The coils last forever and the flavor is really good. It's a solid unit. Doesn't feel cheap at all. My only gripe is that it leaks sometimes. The coil doesn't screw into the base, it just sort of clicks into it which I think is poor design. It makes for juice getting underneath at times and then it leaks.
Thank, so much. That is one on my list but wasn’t sure how the flavor was. Would you say flavor is comparable to like the crown 3?

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I am curious what is your favorite vape pen? Been looking at uwell nunchucku, ijust 3, smok stick prince baby, ijoy saber, etc. already have smok vape pen plus, stick v8, and ego aio. Most important thing is flavor followed by coil longevity.
Okay I know how this sounds. I am ready to duck if anyone throws something at me. Smok Prince Stick. Yeah I know it is a Smok. But.....the flavor is amazing. You can use the Prince tank on any mod, the coils last a long time and thi stick battery provides plenty of power to run it well. Huge flavor and tremendous clouds. IMHO best Smok product ever. Simple design with little to go wrong. Difficult to QC in-correctly at manufacture.

Cheeri

Mar 17, 2018
Ohio, United States
Okay I know how this sounds. I am ready to duck if anyone throws something at me. Smok Prince Stick. Yeah I know it is a Smok. But.....the flavor is amazing. You can use the Prince tank on any mod, the coils last a long time and thi stick battery provides plenty of power to run it well. Huge flavor and tremendous clouds. IMHO best Smok product ever. Simple design with little to go wrong. Difficult to QC in-correctly at manufacture.
Hubby has the vape pen plus and absolutely loves it. I did have the priv kit and ended up returning it as I couldn’t get the prince tank to stop leaking. I tried everything. That is only reason prince stick isn’t on my list. Wonder if maybe I just got a bad one, because a lot of people love the prince stick.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is such a variable thing and you have such a mishmash of setups and whatnot, I have no idea what to recommend.

Juices can taste surprisingly different in different devices, yes, but I recently recommended a MTL tank to someone who had previously only used DL and they just hated it, for example. If I'd known that, like, I probably would have recommended something kind of mid range cloudy, and as it happens I am now the proud owner of said tank, but trust me I did NOT plan it out that way, like "I'm going to blanket recommend MTL tanks to folks who would hate them and then offer to "take it off their hands" so to speak."

With that said, the Zenith is great, I love it, but I also don't recommend it necessarily to non MTL vapers and it kind of seems a bit like you aren't entirely sure where you want to "land" yet and etc. Also my version of "taste" in all spheres is likely different from yours "in all spheres."

I guess a bit more "This is what I like/hate about my current setups and this is what I am looking for in my next setup besides a great vape which is entirely subjective" might help you get more recommendations. Etc.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
With that said, the Zenith is great, I love it, but I also don't recommend it necessarily to non MTL vapers and it kind of seems a bit like you aren't entirely sure where you want to "land" yet and etc. Also my version of "taste" in all spheres is likely different from yours "in all spheres."

I guess a bit more "This is what I like/hate about my current setups and this is what I am looking for in my next setup besides a great vape which is entirely subjective" might help you get more recommendations. Etc
To the original poster: Flavor and vapor production is the product of the tank used, not the battery device.

The Zenith tank is often praised on this forum as a great MTL tank. I've not personally used it as I am no longer a MTL vaper, but can confidently recommend it based upon favorable online reviews and positive comments of users on ECF.

Last edited:
  • Agree

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Hubby has the vape pen plus and absolutely loves it. I did have the priv kit and ended up returning it as I couldn’t get the prince tank to stop leaking. I tried everything. That is only reason prince stick isn’t on my list. Wonder if maybe I just got a bad one, because a lot of people love the prince stick.
Most if not all of my Smok tanks have leaked one right out the box. It has always been because of a thin top fill seal. Fixed with spare parts bag ( included ) and have extras on hand now. No more leaks.

• Useful

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
If I am not drippin I'm Princin.

Cheeri

Mar 17, 2018
Ohio, United States
This is such a variable thing and you have such a mishmash of setups and whatnot, I have no idea what to recommend.

Juices can taste surprisingly different in different devices, yes, but I recently recommended a MTL tank to someone who had previously only used DL and they just hated it, for example. If I'd known that, like, I probably would have recommended something kind of mid range cloudy, and as it happens I am now the proud owner of said tank, but trust me I did NOT plan it out that way, like "I'm going to blanket recommend MTL tanks to folks who would hate them and then offer to "take it off their hands" so to speak."

I guess a bit more "This is what I like/hate about my current setups and this is what I am looking for in my next setup besides a great vape which is entirely subjective" might help you get more recommendations. Etc.

Anna

Anna
Here is one major issue I have.... I have the crown 3 tank and the flavor is great. However, when I try to direct lung inhale on it I cough like crazy. And, if I drop wattage down flavor also goes away. Now, in basal kit I can use 12 mg. Ejuice without coughing like crazy but flavor isn’t as good. I really want to be able to direct lung at a decent wattage to get the flavor. But, in reality I prefer subohming around 40 watts or mtl vaping. Btw..using 6 mg in subohm, 3 mg in droppers, 12 mg in mtl, and even have nic salts. I suppose I would really like to find a subohm tank that has great flavor at around 40 to 50 watts or a mtl tank that actually produces good flavor. Thanks!

Cheeri

Mar 17, 2018
Ohio, United States
Most if not all of my Smok tanks have leaked one right out the box. It has always been because of a thin top fill seal. Fixed with spare parts bag ( included ) and have extras on hand now. No more leaks.
Haven’t had great luck with Smok coils, either. So, trying to find something else.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Many smok tanks accept non proprietary coils, made by other manufacturers. There are a few ongoing threads on the subject you may want to do a search. I think most complaints about smok tanks are about the quality of the coils, not the tank itself necessarily so if you like your tank well enough otherwise it might be worth doing a search on that subject and see what turns up. Although, it is equally hard to love a tank genuinely and completely as you hate the coils, and it produces a bad vape, but like, I think some of those coils are Vapresso coils, for example, and there are some genuine Vapresso sub0hm lovers on the forum, so you might start with the coils, and then if you feel you'd get better performance in a different tank for example, then you could look at Vapresso tanks and etc. type thing.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread