Vape store in Shenzhen or Guangzhou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
I am currently living in Malaysia, where vaping is like a common thing. Walk down any street and you'll at least see a few people vaping. Now I'm about to go to Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Guangzhou this following christmas to see my family and go shopping with them. I was thinking shenzhen is like the main manufacturer for a lot of tanks and mods, would it be possible to get some there for a cheaper price? I know online shopping might be better, but I don't think i have that much of an option. I know vaping is banned in Hong Kong, and based on the prices I saw on some of their websites, I don't think I would bother buying anything from Hong Kong. I've looked through so many websites, even in Chinese (I can understand and speak Chinese), they don't really show their products online. So if you guys have any information on retail stores in Shenzhen or Guangzhou that'll be great!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I exchanged posts with an ECF member from China (Shanghai) earlier this year. She said there were no vape shops there and that she had to order online.

Tagging @djsvapour who was in China recently.

It's a tough one to call. You can buy almost anything, but you need help.
The thing with HK is that there are always two prices for everything. Websites openly offering vape hardware will be charging a lot (I guess) as basically it's not exactly 'legal'.
You can vape almost anywhere, but you don't see people vaping.
In Shenzhen, there are factories, but you can't walk in. Want to buy 1000 pieces and you'll get in. Ask the right person and you can get lucky.
The trouble is.... many of the electrical products are not much cheaper and 50%+ will be fake. You could be next to a factory that sells something and be offered a poor quality fake from a market stall.
I wanted to get some specific non-vape items and in the end I wasted my time. The real branded items are not greatly cheaper, if at all. Savings on non-vape might be 10% of that based on online. Having no consumer protection (as you've left and flown elsewhere) isn't worth it.

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
It's a tough one to call. You can buy almost anything, but you need help.
The thing with HK is that there are always two prices for everything. Websites openly offering vape hardware will be charging a lot (I guess) as basically it's not exactly 'legal'.
You can vape almost anywhere, but you don't see people vaping.
In Shenzhen, there are factories, but you can't walk in. Want to buy 1000 pieces and you'll get in. Ask the right person and you can get lucky.
The trouble is.... many of the electrical products are not much cheaper and 50%+ will be fake. You could be next to a factory that sells something and be offered a poor quality fake from a market stall.
I wanted to get some specific non-vape items and in the end I wasted my time. The real branded items are not greatly cheaper, if at all. Savings on non-vape might be 10% of that based on online. Having no consumer protection (as you've left and flown elsewhere) isn't worth it.
So I guess its futile to even bother looking for some gear there? That sucks.... I know there are some vape shops open in shenzhen, but I don't know what kind of gear they sell. The juice prices are also marked up higher there, and even selling malaysian juices (almost double the price in shenzhen). I guess I'll just stick working part time in a vape shop to get some employee benefits xD

Reactions: djsvapour

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
kuala lumpur is not banned yet. The johor ban is due to the sultan's order (the royal king's order). The particular ban also affects singaporeans more as singapore is legal to vape, but illegal to trade vape items, so they get their supply from johor (right across the border). KL had a week where they were confiscating nicotin contained liquids, but it is currently okay now until further notice. Most likely there will be a short ban, otherwise they will simply implement taxes on these products.

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
kuala lumpur is not banned yet. The johor ban is due to the sultan's order (the royal king's order). The particular ban also affects singaporeans more as singapore is legal to vape, but illegal to trade vape items, so they get their supply from johor (right across the border). KL had a week where they were confiscating nicotin contained liquids, but it is currently okay now until further notice. Most likely there will be a short ban, otherwise they will simply implement taxes on these products.
Good to hear.

Yea, SG vapers are in a really tough spot (especially those who don't have local sources yet).

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
A bit late with this, but as i've only just arrived in ShenZhen, and discovered an actual Vape shop - i hope i'll be forgiven ;)
Vape Master have a unit in the Coco Park shopping mall - level B1- the same as the supermarket and opposite Mango.

20160124_210613_zps06p1lwxw.jpg

20160125_145718_zpscndxe5gp.jpg

20160125_151727_zpsvlbim9eb.jpg

20160125_153552_zps0sb3ai8c.jpg

They're not that cheap - US juice available at around 240rmb (huge import tax on anything non-Chinese branded - it might be made here but if it's not a Chinese company you'll pay a lot extra!), But Chinese juice is acceptable at 2x15ml for 79rmb. They sell rebranded Motofo devices (looking similar to eGo One type) for a premium price - but they do work well, and the rent will be premium too!

Vape Master also have stores in 6 other cities in China - so are expanding :D

Nice enough folk, who gave me the cotton i was desperately looking for for my Aqua FX (left it in a different province) for free as they didn't sell it separately. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
Teaching 'Oral English' in Xianning, Hubei, China - and with 40 days holiday chose to come to ShenZhen to send some time exploring the Vaping Manufacturing centre of the World LoL
Wrong time of the year for a casual visit as most of the factories are working overtime to complete oders before China shuts for a fortnight.

amzarcarl

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread