• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapebash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Is anyone here going to attend the vapebash in chicago at the end of march......I will be going. just wondering if there is any other cheesheads planning on going down to chicago for that.

I'm going down early on Friday to help set up. Vicks and ElectroWoman are also going, but I'm not sure what their time frame is yet. Haven't heard from the rest of the gang yet. Then too, we haven't had a meet up yet this year lol

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Yo cheese heads!!! Fellow vapor in Milwaukee! Will be there with a few friends I have converted to vaping... I have been to the windy city Vapers meets before and had a blast! Let's have a meet in Milwaukee ASAP! See you guys in Chicago!

Hey hey, PJ!
Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago.

And if you want to have a local meet, pick a time and place and we'll see what we can work out :)

TheGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
O. M. G.

Seriously? There are two different vaping gatherings in Chicago the same weekend?

Cheese and rice. Isn't there enough politics involved trying to keep vaping legal, that it doesn't have to spill into my weekend full of fun and debauchery?

Yeah....I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just found out.

We will be doing our best to keep the "Drama" out of VapeBash. We have plenty of staff on hand just in case but I don't see it happening. It seems once everyone meets face to face their differences subside and the power of vaping takes over.
Can't wait to see everyone. I'll be in a Green Crew shirt if you have any questions.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
We will be doing our best to keep the "Drama" out of VapeBash. We have plenty of staff on hand just in case but I don't see it happening. It seems once everyone meets face to face their differences subside and the power of vaping takes over.
Can't wait to see everyone. I'll be in a Green Crew shirt if you have any questions.

LOL. I'm not expecting a big gangbanger come to physical blow confrontation.
For me personally, I heard about Vapefest first and volunteered to help out.
Now I find out about Vapebash. I don't really care about the personal issues surrounding it, what I care about is there are different venders I buy from. I was looking forward to personally thanking them for helping me over the years and learn about some of the newer things that have been improved, like tanks. Now I find some are in one place, some in the others and I feel like I'm being forced to choose between Team Fest vs Team Bash.

As I said, I know I'm coming in late to this dance, as it appears it's been going on since January and nothing I'm saying hasn't already been said over and over. But doggone it, I have a rewards card at Holiday Inn, they treat me like a queen and they're cheaper ;) lol

RedWolfe

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
West Allis, Wi
I will be there on Saturday morning with my neighbor Dragonriot and his girlfriend. I'm super stoked to go to my first vaping 'convention.' Can't wait to meet and make new friends. I wish we could go down on Friday, but I can't get out of work that day. Oh well. I'd rather be late to the party than not go at all.

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I will be there on Saturday morning with my neighbor and his girlfriend Adam. I'm super stoked to go to my first vaping 'convention.' Can't wait to meet and make new friends. I wish we could go down on Friday, but I can't get out of work that day. Oh well. I'd rather be late to the party than not go at all.

That's great!

I heard that there was going to be a shuttle running back and forth between the events? Have you heard anything about this?

Also, are you in West Allis? We've met at the Painted Parrot a few times....

RedWolfe

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
West Allis, Wi
That's great!

I heard that there was going to be a shuttle running back and forth between the events? Have you heard anything about this?

Also, are you in West Allis? We've met at the Painted Parrot a few times....

We have met at the Parrot? You'd have to refresh my memory. I am in West Allis a block north from Fillipos. I have heard there is a shuttle between the two but didn't look for any info about it. The shuttle is actually from the airport to Holiday Inn.
If you are flying into Chicago O’Hare and staying at the Holiday Inn Express you can get a free shuttle.

Are you going to Vapefest too? Maybe I can carpool with you back to Milwaukee if you wouldn't mind. I bought a pass for Vapefest and don't want to waste it, but if it does, it's not a big deal.

Also, I'd love to get to Albanese's for future vape meets, but it's difficult since I don't drive yet.

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
We have met at the Parrot? You'd have to refresh my memory. I am in West Allis a block north from Fillipos. I have heard there is a shuttle between the two but didn't look for any info about it. The shuttle is actually from the airport to Holiday Inn. .

Some where in the posts here, there are the dates on when we've met at the Parrot before. I know the last one was back in September. Seems to work out pretty well when the Madison group comes down.
We've only done Albanese once, and that was about a year and a half ago.

Are you going to Vapefest too? Maybe I can carpool with you back to Milwaukee if you wouldn't mind. I bought a pass for Vapefest and don't want to waste it, but if it does, it's not a big deal.

Also, I'd love to get to Albanese's for future vape meets, but it's difficult since I don't drive yet.

Vapefest asked for volunteers when it first was announced, so I'm going down to CHI Friday morning to help set up and currently have plans on staying all weekend.
Since then, I have learned about 'bash and noticed a lot of vendors there that I was hoping to see at 'fest, so I would like to drop in there and shake some hands and give some thank yous, but not sure on my timing on things.
Besides the hatred of driving in big city-busy places I'm unfamilar with, doing that after consuming alcohol is not something I'm really game for, which is why I was curious about the shuttle rumor.

I've decided I'm going down with a what ever happens, happens attitute. Just sucks everything can't be at one location....

I know some other people in the area who are going down in the same boat as you, and one thing I suggested was to check into Coach USA's schedule. They pick up around Mitchell, dop of at O'Hare, then you can catch one of the shuttles to the VapeXYZ of your choice.
And of course, any vapors who need a ride back behind the cheddar curtain are more than welcome to ride along, or anyone who needs a ride Friday morning.

RedWolfe

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
West Allis, Wi
Wow that sounds awesome. I'll have to look into Coach USA later after work. I've never been to the Parrot for a vape meet before, so you might be confusing me with someone else. I haven't visited the forums in a long time, so if I knew there were meets at the Parrot I would have been there. Now that I know, I'll keep track of them more often. That makes it a lot easier for me to get to myself as well.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
mrnjlw1090:5638406 said:
Wow that sounds awesome. I'll have to look into Coach USA later after work. I've never been to the Parrot for a vape meet before, so you might be confusing me with someone else. I haven't visited the forums in a long time, so if I knew there were meets at the Parrot I would have been there. Now that I know, I'll keep track of them more often. That makes it a lot easier for me to get to myself as well.

I'm sorry...I didn't mean we as you and me, I meant "we" as in the people here on the board. It's been pretty dead here lately, but there is quite a good size, groovy bunch here :)

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
:blink:
Is anyone going to vapebash Saturday morning I can carpool with? Apparently Dragonriot, who was my original ride has to go the other direction and he can't take me. If not I'll take Coach USA. I also will need a roomshare with someone.
I happen to know that MlrGrl doesn't like to share!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread