Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the Vapefly Alberich MTL rta kindly sent from the @ sourcemore.com online shop upon my specific choice. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Diameter Φ22mm, 510 drip tip
    • Bottom airflow brings excellent flavor
    • Heavy blow to the throat for MTL vapers
    • 6 airflow pins offer ample choices
    • Capacity 3ml / 4ml 4ml glass tube and 3ml PEI tube
    • Top refill system, easy and convenient

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-2.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Packaging:
    The beautiful package comes in the colors of an ancient parchment, in full "aged paper" style. On the front of the sleeve, of course, we find the image of the product. Also on the front is the name "Alberich MTL RTA" which appears with Gothic style characters, they are also present; logo and name of the Brand (Vapefly), sticker showing the color of this sample (Silver) and the words "Savor the taste".

On the back side of the sleeve and under the heading "Alberich MTL RTA" appear; the packing list, various social icons, brand addresses and contacts, warnings, scratc & check, barcode, logos / brands.
    The writing "Alberich MTL RTA" is also shown on one side of the box with a mix of Gothic and conventional writing.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-3.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-4.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA
    • 1 * 4ml glass tube
    • 1 * 4ml Glass Extension Adapter
    • 1 * Prefabricated Coil Ø2.5mm, KA1 28ga of 0.8Ω
    • 2 * Firebolt Cotton Laces
    • 5 * Airflow Pins
    • 4 * Screws
    • Oring

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-5.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Specifications:
    • Vapefly brand
    • Product name Alberich MTL RTA
    • Diameter Φ22mm
    • Height 53.4mm (including Drip Tip)
    • Drip Tip 510
    • 3ml / 4ml capacity
    • Top Filling
    • Bottom air flow
    • Airflow pins 0.8, 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5mm
    • Single Rebuildable Coil

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-6.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Black
    • Gunmetal

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-7.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; First Impressions:
    Vapefly has now reached a rather large samples of products that inherit the name directly from Germanic mythology, so it seems correct to me that an MTL tank like this should be called Alberich. In fact, Alberich in mythology was a dwarf with magical powers. Returning to the real world, the first thing to do before using a new tank is certainly to carry out a thorough washing. Disassembling the tank in question I really appreciated the precision of the couplings and the considerable amount of parts that can be disassembled. Looking closer at Alberich, it looks quite different than the MTL tanks I've dealt with so far and I'm really curious to see how the "top drip system" will work and if the eliquid falling from the top will feed properly the underlying cotton and coil. But I am also curious to verify if the quick access system to the Deck (without unscrewing anything) will have any contraindications and if the only (large) fixed type air passage hole combined with different airpins will guarantee adequate control of the air for the MTL style.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-8.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; E-liquid capacity:
    Alberich standard with the PEI tube has a good e-liquid capacity (3ml) which I consider sufficient for MTL. However I liked that an adapter and a glass tube were included in the package to increase the e-liquid capacity up to 4ml.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-9.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-10.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Refil:
    So after deciding what maximum e-liquid capacity we intend to get from our Alberich RTA, all that remains is to proceed by unscrewing the top cap with a quick 1/4 turn, and access two huge refueling slots protected by silicone gaskets which are specific to retain the liquid inside the tank and without overflows.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-11.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-12.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; E-liquid drops from the top:
    As I had anticipated, the "dripping" of e-liquid from above is one of Alberich's characteristics, in practice the section in Pei or glass (depending on the choice) forms a tank that contains e-liquid above the deck. On the bottom of this tank there are two calibrated holes about 1mm wide each that let drops of e-liquid fall directly towards the coil and the cotton below. Observing the inside of the bell and in particular the two feed holes (indicated with two arrows) we can see a particular processing on them that should better diffuse the liquid, moreover the flat top of the bell has 4 circles worked in depth to accommodate the 4 Phillips screws on the deck so as not to have interference after joining the bell and deck. The hermetic seal between the bell and the deck is guaranteed by two o'rings positioned on the circumference of the deck.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-13.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Deck:
    The control bridge of Alberich is made of steel and uses 4 cross screws one for upright, this allows both coils wound on the right and coils wound on the left to be fixed indifferently. There are no slots or walls to stop the cotton, but only simple channels, so just place the coil at the height of these channels and cut the cotton flush with the outer edge of the deck, then simply lay the cotton on the bottom. The positive pole is insulated and can be disassembled by unscrewing the airpin, this allows an accurate washing of the parts that make up Alberich RTA.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-14.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Deck: Airpin & Airflow:
    A single and large Ø2.5mm hole is present on the side of the deck, this hole is fixed and therefore not adjustable, all this appears rather in contrast with the type of MTL vape which requires a rather throttled air flow. Luckily in the package there are 5 pins (+ 1 pre-mounted pin) of the air flow, these pins or airpin are able to reduce and adjust the air passage section as follows: 0,8, 1,0 , 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5mm. When you remove the airflow pin for replacement, make sure the insulator does not come out of its seat. Of note that I was able without difficulty to remove the airflow pin with the tank full of e-liquid.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-15.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Build:
    As I already mentioned, Alberich's deck has four screws to allow you to install a coil regardless of how it was wound. Around each screw there is a cable stop so you can get the coil leg in and tighten it without the wire slipping out and without the need to wind the wire around the screw as it was a long time ago.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-16.jpg

I only used the material included in the package to regenerate Alberich; the Ø2.5mm Kanthal coil for a nominal power of 0.8Ω and one of the two Firebolt cotton laces. The diameter of the cotton seemed excessive to fit into the coil, so I had to thin it, once the cotton was inserted I cut the ends exactly flush with the deck, I wet the cotton with e-liquid then I simply placed it on the bottom of the channels before screwing the bell back onto the deck.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-17.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-18.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    This small 22mm tank has a good supply of spare parts and accessories included. It looks good and looks sturdy, plus it has a nice "gravity" supply that works and feeds the coil correctly without any leaking. I also find good the quick system to separate the deck from the tank spot on, the two O'rings do a good job and keep the parts solidly anchored to each other. The replaceable air-pin system regulates the puff effectively for both MTL and RDL, and replacing the pin is also possible with a full tank and without leaks. The Tank does not overheat easily, however the puff is quite noisy with any air-pin. The supplied coil looks like a micro coil with the spirals joined together, so it covers only a small part of cotton. After some use I thought of wrapping new coil of Ka1 and spacing the coils more between them, and the result was disappointing, no improvement, indeed the amount of steam emitted was less and the blow in the throat was lowered. remarkably. As a flavor rendering in restricted MTL, I must unfortunately say that Alberich absolutely did not impress me, despite having tried different coils and different air-pins! In the end, the best result I got was to use the stock coil in combination with the Φ2.0mm airpin.

If you are an MTL vape lover and are looking for flavor, I think there is certainly better around for you. While if you are looking for a Tank for a decent use at relatively high powers (18W) then for open MTL or RDL, with combinations of fruity liquids, you will certainly appreciate this Alberich MTL RTA. In return you will get back leak-free operation and decent flavor with a strong hit in your throat.

Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA can be purchased at the affordable price of $ 18.59 by entering the ALMR code at the time of purchase
    Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA 3ml/4ml Φ22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Thanks for reading.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-19.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA kindly sent from the @ Sourcemore.com online shop upon my specific choice. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Diameter Φ22mm, 510 drip tip
    • Bottom airflow brings excellent flavor
    • Heavy blow to the throat for MTL vapers
    • 6 airflow pins offer ample choices
    • Capacity 3ml / 4ml 4ml glass tube and 3ml PEI tube
    • Top refill system, easy and convenient

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-2.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Packaging:
    The beautiful package comes in the colors of an ancient parchment, in full "aged paper" style. On the front of the sleeve, of course, we find the image of the product. Also on the front is the name "Alberich MTL RTA" which appears with Gothic style characters, they are also present; logo and name of the Brand (Vapefly), sticker showing the color of this sample (Silver) and the words "Savor the taste".

On the back side of the sleeve and under the heading "Alberich MTL RTA" appear; the packing list, various social icons, brand addresses and contacts, warnings, scratc & check, barcode, logos / brands.
    The writing "Alberich MTL RTA" is also shown on one side of the box with a mix of Gothic and conventional writing.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-3.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-4.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA
    • 1 * 4ml glass tube
    • 1 * 4ml Glass Extension Adapter
    • 1 * Prefabricated Coil Ø2.5mm, KA1 28ga of 0.8Ω
    • 2 * Firebolt Cotton Laces
    • 5 * Airflow Pins
    • 4 * Screws
    • Oring

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-5.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Specifications:
    • Vapefly brand
    • Product name Alberich MTL RTA
    • Diameter Φ22mm
    • Height 53.4mm (including Drip Tip)
    • Drip Tip 510
    • 3ml / 4ml capacity
    • Top Filling
    • Bottom air flow
    • Airflow pins 0.8, 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5mm
    • Single Rebuildable Coil

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-6.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Black
    • Gunmetal

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-7.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; First Impressions:
    Vapefly has now reached a rather large samples of products that inherit the name directly from Germanic mythology, so it seems correct to me that an MTL tank like this should be called Alberich. In fact, Alberich in mythology was a dwarf with magical powers. Returning to the real world, the first thing to do before using a new tank is certainly to carry out a thorough washing. Disassembling the tank in question I really appreciated the precision of the couplings and the considerable amount of parts that can be disassembled. Looking closer at Alberich, it looks quite different than the MTL tanks I've dealt with so far and I'm really curious to see how the "top drip system" will work and if the eliquid falling from the top will feed properly the underlying cotton and coil. But I am also curious to verify if the quick access system to the Deck (without unscrewing anything) will have any contraindications and if the only (large) fixed type air passage hole combined with different airpins will guarantee adequate control of the air for the MTL style.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-8.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; E-liquid capacity:
    Alberich standard with the PEI tube has a good e-liquid capacity (3ml) which I consider sufficient for MTL. However I liked that an adapter and a glass tube were included in the package to increase the e-liquid capacity up to 4ml.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-9.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-10.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Refil:
    So after deciding what maximum e-liquid capacity we intend to get from our Alberich RTA, all that remains is to proceed by unscrewing the top cap with a quick 1/4 turn, and access two huge refueling slots protected by silicone gaskets which are specific to retain the liquid inside the tank and without overflows.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-11.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-12.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; E-liquid drops from the top:
    As I had anticipated, the "dripping" of e-liquid from above is one of Alberich's characteristics, in practice the section in Pei or glass (depending on the choice) forms a tank that contains e-liquid above the deck. On the bottom of this tank there are two calibrated holes about 1mm wide each that let drops of e-liquid fall directly towards the coil and the cotton below. Observing the inside of the bell and in particular the two feed holes (indicated with two arrows) we can see a particular processing on them that should better diffuse the liquid, moreover the flat top of the bell has 4 circles worked in depth to accommodate the 4 Phillips screws on the deck so as not to have interference after joining the bell and deck. The hermetic seal between the bell and the deck is guaranteed by two o'rings positioned on the circumference of the deck.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-13.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Deck:
    The control bridge of Alberich is made of steel and uses 4 cross screws one for upright, this allows both coils wound on the right and coils wound on the left to be fixed indifferently. There are no slots or walls to stop the cotton, but only simple channels, so just place the coil at the height of these channels and cut the cotton flush with the outer edge of the deck, then simply lay the cotton on the bottom. The positive pole is insulated and can be disassembled by unscrewing the airpin, this allows an accurate washing of the parts that make up Alberich RTA.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-14.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Deck: Airpin & Airflow:
    A single and large Ø2.5mm hole is present on the side of the deck, this hole is fixed and therefore not adjustable, all this appears rather in contrast with the type of MTL vape which requires a rather throttled air flow. Luckily in the package there are 5 pins (+ 1 pre-mounted pin) of the air flow, these pins or airpin are able to reduce and adjust the air passage section as follows: 0,8, 1,0 , 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5mm. When you remove the airflow pin for replacement, make sure the insulator does not come out of its seat. Of note that I was able without difficulty to remove the airflow pin with the tank full of e-liquid.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-15.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Build:
    As I already mentioned, Alberich's deck has four screws to allow you to install a coil regardless of how it was wound. Around each screw there is a cable stop so you can get the coil leg in and tighten it without the wire slipping out and without the need to wind the wire around the screw as it was a long time ago.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-16.jpg

I only used the material included in the package to regenerate Alberich; the Ø2.5mm Kanthal coil for a nominal power of 0.8Ω and one of the two Firebolt cotton laces. The diameter of the cotton seemed excessive to fit into the coil, so I had to thin it, once the cotton was inserted I cut the ends exactly flush with the deck, I wet the cotton with e-liquid then I simply placed it on the bottom of the channels before screwing the bell back onto the deck.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-17.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-18.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    This small 22mm tank has a good supply of spare parts and accessories included. It looks good and looks sturdy, plus it has a nice "gravity" supply that works and feeds the coil correctly without any leaking. I also find good the quick system to separate the deck from the tank spot on, the two O'rings do a good job and keep the parts solidly anchored to each other. The replaceable air-pin system regulates the puff effectively for both MTL and RDL, and replacing the pin is also possible with a full tank and without leaks. The Tank does not overheat easily, however the puff is quite noisy with any air-pin. The supplied coil looks like a micro coil with the spirals joined together, so it covers only a small part of cotton. After some use I thought of wrapping new coil of Ka1 and spacing the coils more between them, and the result was disappointing, no improvement, indeed the amount of steam emitted was less and the blow in the throat was lowered. remarkably. As a flavor rendering in restricted MTL, I must unfortunately say that Alberich absolutely did not impress me, despite having tried different coils and different air-pins! In the end, the best result I got was to use the stock coil in combination with the Φ2.0mm airpin.

If you are an MTL vape lover and are looking for flavor, I think there is certainly better around for you. While if you are looking for a Tank for a decent use at relatively high powers (18W) then for open MTL or RDL, with combinations of fruity liquids, you will certainly appreciate this Alberich MTL RTA. In return you will get back leak-free operation and decent flavor with a strong hit in your throat.

Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA can be purchased at the affordable price of $ 18.59 by entering the ALMR code at the time of purchase
    Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA 3ml/4ml Φ22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Thanks for reading.

Vapefly-Alberich-MTL-RTA-19.jpg

Good review! I don’t like a very restrictive draw so ran mostly the 2.5 pin.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread