hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m here today to discuss the Vapefly Brunhilde SBS 100W Kit that was sent to me by sourcemore for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. At the end I’ll have a discount code for you if you’d like to purchase one for yourself.

The Brunhilde SBS was a cooperative project between Vapefly and the Vapefly Deutschland Offiziell group. The Brunhilde SBS kit includes the mod which is made using a 5 axis CNC process from aerospace aluminum and the Kriemhild II W version 4ml tank.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Side-by-side-with-the-German-Community.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Exquisite-Appearance.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Parameters.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Vapefly & German Community project

2. Consists of Brunhilde SBS Mod and Kriemhild II W Version

3. CNC 5-axis carving processed

4. 1800 seconds for carving a single wing

5. Typical Brunhilde design, German standard

6. Aerospace aluminum casing, light in weight, perfect in hand

7. VW/Bypass/TC output mode

8. 5V 2A type-c fast charging

9. Supports single 18650/20700/21700 battery

10. 3S chip brings safety protections: Short Circuit/Reversed Battery Connection/Low Voltage/High Temperature/Over Charge/10s Cut off Protection

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Exploded-View.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-3-S-Chip-with-safety-protections.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Battery.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-Craftsmanship.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-for-Vapers.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-VW-Mode.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I really liked the looks of the packaging on the Brunhilde SBS kit. It kind of reminded me of an old scroll or something ancient. I haven’t had a lot of exposure to Vapefly products in the past but do have the Galaxies MTL RTA and the Optima pod mod.

upload_2021-9-26_19-8-10.png

The Brunhilde SBS mod is made from one solid piece of aluminum and has real feel of quality in my opinion. If you look closely at the first picture below you can see it comes packaged with a clear plastic film protecting the finish for shipping. I like how the helmet design is engraved into the end and the fire button sits in the middle of it with the USB-C charging port below.

If you’re facing the fire button side then on the left is a wing engraved in the side along with the Brunhilde name. On the opposite side is another wing along with the + and – buttons. Of course like most SBS mods that I’ve seen, the display screen that utilizes the 3S chip is located on the bottom of the mod.

upload_2021-9-26_19-8-53.png

upload_2021-9-26_19-9-12.png

upload_2021-9-26_19-9-28.png

upload_2021-9-26_19-9-45.png

The Brunhilde can use 18650, 20700, or 21700 batteries. The battery cap threads were very smooth on my sample. The inside of the battery tube is clearly marked with a red + sign on the bottom and the top cap has a – sign on it as well so there is no confusion as to how the battery is to be inserted. The top of the battery cap also has a design etched in it. I’m not exactly sure what the design is.

The atomizer top plate is held in place by four torx screws and has a gold plated spring loaded 510 center pin. The Kriemhild 2 tank that is included in the kit is 24mm at the base and 25mm at the body but a 26mm tank should fit on the Brunhilde.

upload_2021-9-26_19-10-25.png

upload_2021-9-26_19-10-49.png

The Brunhilde has an output range of 5-100 watts while using the 3S chip which also provides several safety protections. The Brunhilde has three output modes which are VW, Bypass, and TC. The display which is located on the bottom of the mod is really rather old school in appearance but it is bright enough and easy to read. Also located on the bottom are six battery vent holes. On the left is the battery indicator with the coil resistance and output voltage under load beside it to the right. On the left is the output wattage that is set. There isn’t a menu on the Brunhilde SBS but there are a few functions that can be performed using the available buttons.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the mod on or off

- Press the fire button three times to switch between VW, Bypass, and TC

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press the fire and + buttons to flip the screen

- Pres the fire and – buttons to go into stealth mode

upload_2021-9-26_19-12-1.png

KRIEMHILD II W VERSION TANK

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard06.jpg

I have never seen or used the original Kriemhild 2 tank but from what I can tell the only difference seems to be that the metal portion of the tank comes down further on the top so that the glass section is either smaller or just less visible.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-SBS-Kit-with-Kriemhild-II-Tank.jpg

The tank is 24mm at the base and 25mm at the body. It uses an 810 tapered drip tip that is installed which I personally like but also comes with a second straight tip. The o ring that holds the tip in place is inside the top cap rather than on the tip. The top cap has a bayonet style connection and underneath both fill ports have a silicon cover over them. I personally don’t like this since you can only see a portion of the tank when filling since the glass section is so small. I would rather have the fill holes open so I can see where the fluid level is while filling.

upload_2021-9-26_19-19-1.png

upload_2021-9-26_19-19-16.png

There are three airflow slots on this tank and it allows plenty of airflow. I ended up running both coils with the airflow maybe ¼ open. There are two different coils included in the kit. One is the Duplex Mesh coil that is .2 ohm and the other is the FreeCore Mesh coil that is .3 ohm. Both are KA1. The .2 ohm coil is rated for 45-60 watts and the .3 coil is rated for 40-55 watts. There is also an RBA coil available for purchase separately.

Clipboard05.jpg

The way I understand the Duplex coil is that it has a center common leg so there are three connection points rather than two which splits the resistance of the coil and allows it to come up to temperature quicker.

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

The bottom cap unscrews just like any other tank and the coils are simply pushed in and the base is threaded on. I did notice a fair amount of condensation in the base when I went to change coils. However, the tank is easily disassembled for cleaning whenever needed and I always wash a new tank before using it.

IMG-6764.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really think that the Vapefly Brunhilde SBS kit is a great and well-designed kit. The mod not only has a high end appearance but the feel in the hand exudes quality with both the mod and the tank.

I did end up running both coils below the recommended settings but had no issues with leaking. I know the Duplex coil is supposed to have better flavor but I actually preferred the .3 ohm coil better. I ended up running it at about 38 watts and got very good flavor production.

I did not receive the RBA for the review but have ordered a couple of them because I would like to continue using the tank but don’t want to be stuck buying yet another different coil.

All of the threads on the mod and tank were very smooth which added to the sense of quality. Even the 18650 battery adapter was nicer than what is included with most mods that can utilize the same three sizes of batteries.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Vapefly Brunhilde SBS Kit for this review. Thanks as always to the readers. Below is a link the Sourcemore website and as promised I have a coupon code for you.

Vapefly Brunhilde SBS Kit 100W Box Mod with 4ml Kriemhild II Tank (sourcemore.com)

COUPON CODE FOR $66.88 SBSK

IMG-6797.jpg

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The Brunhilde can use 18650, 20700, or 21700 batteries.

Great review, Hitt. I'm glad I ordered one.

The question about batteries--did you try all three? Any recommendations? I haven't transitioned to 20700, or 21700 batteries yet, but I feel it's time.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I love my Brunhilde SbS. It's an excellent quality mod. I haven't tried the Kriemhild II tank yet. I'll wait until I get the RBA before doing so.

I like the mod and the tank and have a couple rbas on the way.

Reactions: Katya

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review, Hitt. I'm glad I ordered one.

The question about batteries--did you try all three? Any recommendations? I haven't transitioned to 20700, or 21700 batteries yet, but I feel it's time.

I didn’t. I went straight with the 21700. I think most mods perform better with the bigger battery.

• Informative
    Reactions: Katya

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, do you see yourself getting more coils other than the RBA?

Thanks. I’m not sure yet. If the rba works well then I’d probably stick with that. If I did then I’d probably get the .3 coils.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    nice review Hitt.
    BTW, the design you mentioned on the top of the battery cap is fire&ice.
    In the image you posted, half of the ice crystal is on the top and half the fire flame is below it, with the two halves meeting each other.

Thanks. I learned something today.

• Agree
    Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread