Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addict.tovape

Feb 2, 2018
Hello,
I need your opinion on this new MTL rda.
I've been using MTL tanks since long time like kayfun, but i came a cross this rda today and was thinking to put an order.

tanks are working well, but it takes too much time to wick and clean. thats my problem with MTL tanks. i guess a MTL rda like this one would be much easier to wick and clean. it comes with a BF squonk pin too. so looks amazing to my squonk mods.

have you ever tried MTL rda before? please share your experience

galaxy_02.jpg

Attachments

• galaxy_02.jpg
    galaxy_02.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 39
  • galaxy_02.jpg
    galaxy_02.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 39

Xvagabondx

Apr 17, 2017
Italy
Those are my impressions about it:

I recently got my hands on this new mtl dripper from China and I’m really happy about it!

What most captured my attention was the airflow and the fixed coil positioning, as opposed to the “free” coil positioning in others more famous mtl drippers (viper v2, speed revolution, strike etc.)

It’s a 22mm, so I wasn’t expecting a great flavor with tobacco flavorings (which are my preferred) but, boy, I was wrong!

Pros:
- Airflow: as expected it is possible to set it up in many ways. It has 3 holes per side (0.8, 1.2, 1.5 mm) but it’s also possible to further restrict the flow via 2 screws on the inside of the deck, which makes it super easy to find the perfect set up.The cap has stopping points which make convenient to unscrew the dripper from the mod and easier to regulate the airflow itself. Bonus point: I thought it was gonna be easy to make it leak due to the downward slope of the airflow, which has the highest point on the inside of the deck, but I was wrong. The deck is pretty capable of holding a lot of liquid and it’s not so easy to over squonk. So far I never had it leaking!

- Hit: although it’s a 22mm, this atomizer has a really good hit, I would have never expected it! Surprised!!
- Easy build: the coil building it’s extremely simple since the coil placement is kinda forced. The only control over its positioning is about its’ height. I reckon this might be a con to some of you but for me it’s a huge pro. I was tired of always trying to guess which was the perfect coil positioning on my speed revolution !
- Flavor: surprising on tobacco flavors! Creams will have the best results in this atomizer due to the 22mm but I love organic tobacco and they still come out really well from this atomizer!
- Look: I like it ! It’s simple, no gimmicks and clean; the ultem gives a good contrast and overall it looks elegant.
- Price: you can find it between the 25-28 dollar mark. (I got it in preorder at 14 dollars... 14!!!)
Cons:
- Squonk pin: it has 2 holes in it which kinda tell you they have be directed into each side of the deck, but if you screw it all the way down (otherwise you get a check atomizer message as it’s not adjustable) the holes don’t pair exactly with the sides of the deck. not a deal breaker to me.
- Airflow downwards slope: I feel that if it was designed on the other way around, such as the pulse for example, it would have been less prone to the minimal risk of leaking (although, as I said, I never got it to leak until now and I’ve used it for 3 days already in squonk mode)

I’ve seen the P.Busardo’s review about it and I tend to agree on most of the things he said, except the fact that he considers a “con” the impossibility of dripping through the mouthpiece. Well, mtl drippers , despite their name, aren’t designed to be used as drippers. I see Busardo it’s not familiar with many “squonk” drippers (strike, viper v2, speed revolution and these kind of atomizers from 14 to 18mm) but no one would even think of using these atomizers dripping with them!

For me, then, the fact that it’s impossible to drip with the galaxies is not a con at all, I’m used to the mtl drippers and I use them in squonk mode with no issue at all !

I’ll leave a couple of photos for you guys!

https://imgur.com/gallery/7QAw8
Cheers!

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
My first was a Capo

I must say my time with it was short, just too many issues. But, it was my intro to Squonking, and for that I am grateful.

The Vapefly looks like a solid choice, Glad you like it, when you are ready there are some great regulated and unregulated squonk mods out there. Welcome to the other side, and enjoy the journey!

I am basically 100% Squonk now, it’s what I was looking for all along, but didn’t realize it. No going back for me.

Edit: That Vapefly looks nice! I wonder how it would look on one of my Squeezes, or Coppervape ..... hmmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: ricks

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
What other MTL Squonk RDA's are out there? I am really liking this.

Check out the Berserker RDA thread, seems to be a good choice. I like mine on my Inbox, but still prefer my Speed Revolution clones on my Squeezes. I also have an Orgen Little clone that is really good, but I seldom use it as I hate to build on it.

Reactions: ricks

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
2nhdamh.jpg
my first build on ss316l and TC mode with galaxies, vandy vape superfine clapton 2,5diameter 0,55 ohms.
Pretty nice actualy, i also just love this rda compared to berserker rda bcuz its very easy to setup.
that spacing is mind-bogglingly perfect. It makes me feel super inadequate.

Reactions: VesiHiisi

addict.tovape

Feb 2, 2018
Looks like you can really fine tune that airflow with the screws being fully adjustable. Will be curious to see that in action. Just wish Ultum would die a horrible death. Smoke stained plastic...thought I was through with all that after I quit smoking.
Exactly!! The air flow options on this atty looks satisfying, loving those screws idea .. And i agree with ultum. Thats why im taking the black version :laugh:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Exactly!! The air flow options on this atty looks satisfying, loving those screws idea .. And i agree with ultum. Thats why im taking the black version :laugh:
I think the black version has more ultum than the others. Would be nice to have a full black version. May have to buy 2 and try to swap that ultum piece out without damaging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread