• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapeonly BCC Mega first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
Placed a Canvape order the other day and decided to pick a couple of these up. Well, they arrived today and all I can say is I'm impressed. I've been sticking with Vivi Novas and Kanger T2s for the most part up to this point. The Kangers are just.......what can I say? They're inconsistent from one to the next in terms of draw, flavour and vapor. And some leak. Some don't. They're just puzzling and frustrating. Plus, you can't go above 3.5 volts without getting lots of burnt hits. Very annoying.

So I've stuck with the Vivi Novas as my go to tank. They don't leak, rarely flood and give pretty good vapor. They're reliable and consistent. I suppose my only gripes would be slightly muted flavour (which isn't a bad thing if you have a juice you find to be a bit much...) and the constant tipping involved with with the design. I've also noticed that they don't like cold weather all that much because the tank gets cold, then the juice gets cold and won't move very well. That results in dry hits if you're walking around in the winter. At least that's what I've noticed.

So using those two tanks as my baseline to compare to, let's get on to the BCC Mega. It came packed in a really nice box with a couple spare heads in addition to the one installed already (I think they're 1.8, 2.2 and 2.4, IIRC...). The tank itself is not only a very handsome design, but it is built amazingly. I mean......it's just perfect. Every tolerance in every direction is mindblowing and perfect. Nothing out of line. Nothing off center. The gap between the clear tank and I'm assuming aluminum base (more on that in a bit...) is tiny and perfectly chamfered. Outer metal appears to be powdercoated and not painted. This thing is built like a watch. It makes a Vivi Nova look like something that was made in shop class.

So on top of the best build I've personally come across, the bonus thing I noticed is how light it is. I had the BCC Mega on one eGo Twist and a Vivi on another. Picking up the Mega, I noticed how much lighter it was. I kind of assumed that it was just in my head, so I got out my scale and measured both of the tanks. Both had approximately 2.1 ml of juice in them.

BCC Mega: 23.2 grams
Vivi Nova: 29.4 grams

Okay, so being lightweight isn't that big of a deal, I suppose. It's not like we're racing these things. But, it was noticeable and I liked that it was lighter. Which leads me to believe that most of the outer metal on this thing is aluminum. If you've ever taken the top cap off a Nova, you know that it's steel and it's weighty.

I've only been using this for about 7 hours now, but so far, so good in terms of leaks or flooding/gurgling. The way the head and bottom go on and looking at how it's set up in terms of silicone seals, I can't see it leaking at all unless it's somehow damaged or defective. Filling is easy as can be, just from the bottom. The box recommends using a syringe or similar, but there's tons of room to drop juice in there straight from a bottle. Needle not needed as far as I'm concerned.

So now on to the vapor production. Basically, it's really great. Better than a Nova and WAY better than an average T2 (Hell, a Kanger T4 gives better vapor than a T2, but I digress). Flavour is fantastic out of the box with no funny tastes or muting that I can notice. I'm liking the bottom coil setup. No OCD tipping and rolling needed and I haven't noticed the vapor being particularly colder than from a Nova. Seems the same to me.

So all in all, I think this tank is pretty darn amazing. It comes in a lot of colour combos between the acrylic and choice between silver or black metal. We'll see if the quality keeps up if the demand for these things goes up, which I think it will. You can't build something this good without people wanting it. Sure, the price is a little higher than a Nova, but it's money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

If I notice any drastic changes in performance or other things, I'll update here. Like the title says, this is just my first impressions, but man, they are good impressions. Here's a link to where I bought them:

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/vapeo.htm

Dave

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
Quick update. So it's been a week now or so and they're still going strong. The only thing I've done is remove one wick from the head to help thwart the occasional burnt-ish hit I was getting when chain vaping. I use a lot of VG juices to they're probably a tad thick to use with all of the wicks in place.

Oh, and another plus that I forgot to mention is that the center contact doesn't have a hole like the Vivi or any other tank I've seen. What I like about that is you don't get condensation building up on your battery contact so the electrical connection stays strong. No need to take the tank off once in a while and dry that off.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Quick update. So it's been a week now or so and they're still going strong. The only thing I've done is remove one wick from the head to help thwart the occasional burnt-ish hit I was getting when chain vaping. I use a lot of VG juices to they're probably a tad thick to use with all of the wicks in place.
Must give that a try :) Mine started out great, but after 4 days it is starting to give that burnt-ish taste.

It felt a bit weird filling it from the bottom, but once I got used to it I prefer it over the ViVi Nova. The build quality is definitely #1, but I want to see how long the heads last since they are relatively expensive compared to the Nova's.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
Getting the wick out was kind of tough and I was able to do it with my fingers, but I think the trick was to tilt it off........crap, how do I describe this?

So, you've got the two little dimples that hold it on, right? Don't try to pull the head straight up off, tilt it in the direction between the dimples. Don't try to tilt it so that you're making it only do one at once. Tilt it so that it's undoing both at the same time. And you can use some force. There isn't anything in there to bend or wreck. The worst that could happen is that your loose wicks go flying.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Getting the wick out was kind of tough and I was able to do it with my fingers, but I think the trick was to tilt it off........crap, how do I describe this?

So, you've got the two little dimples that hold it on, right? Don't try to pull the head straight up off, tilt it in the direction between the dimples. Don't try to tilt it so that you're making it only do one at once. Tilt it so that it's undoing both at the same time. And you can use some force. There isn't anything in there to bend or wreck. The worst that could happen is that your loose wicks go flying.

OK, I'll give it a try, but I'm holding you personnaly responsible for anything bad happening :)

Tajji'smom

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2012
Southern Ontario

Oh, and another plus that I forgot to mention is that the center contact doesn't have a hole like the Vivi or any other tank I've seen. What I like about that is you don't get condensation building up on your battery contact so the electrical connection stays strong. No need to take the tank off once in a while and dry that off.

Aaaww- they really sounded good. Shades of Kanger t3 all over again. Loved the concept and how much it holds, but taking off a wick is never a good thing for me. Think I will stick with my firebird bottom coil for now. Had the same ones since December and still work great

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
I find the draw to be just right but like drac said- some devices will block the air holes. I suppose that's the downside to what I mentioned earlier about it not having a bottom hole. I use ego twists and they work fine on that screwed all the way in.

Draw is such a personal preference thing. I have a vivi nova mini that drives me crazy because it has no resistance at all. Maybe it's an out of spec one because it isn't close to the same draw as my regular sized vivis.

N8Str8V8p

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Seabrook,TX,USA
I find the draw to be just right but like drac said- some devices will block the air holes. I suppose that's the downside to what I mentioned earlier about it not having a bottom hole. I use ego twists and they work fine on that screwed all the way in.

Draw is such a personal preference thing. I have a vivi nova mini that drives me crazy because it has no resistance at all. Maybe it's an out of spec one because it isn't close to the same draw as my regular sized vivis.

I just started uscrewing it a tad and it has a great draw. helped out a lot. bet the ext would be great.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
OK, I'll give it a try, but I'm holding you personnaly responsible for anything bad happening :)

Well .... at least I can say that I now know, intimately, what a BCC Mega looks like disassembled :( Reminds me a bit of assembling a BBQ, and wondering how the hell was I going to get my large, gnarled hands in there to tighten the nuts:)

Good fun, but I think I will just stick to replacing the heads :laugh:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I changed heads and got back to normal, but only for 2 days :( I was starting to figure that this could get expensive, so I dialed down to 8 watts from 9 to see if this would help, and no more burnt taste:) I normally don't have a problem vaping @ 9 watts on the ViVi Nova, but the vape on the BCC @ 8 is quite acceptable (vaping Halo Tribeca).

We'll see how the life expectancy is - hope it is long lived - since I really like the looks and the complete lack of leaking/gurgling that I "sometimes" get with the Nova.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
I don't have a variable wattage device, just ego twists but I'm finding I have to stay just under 4 volts. Anything around 4.2 will give me the occasional burnt hit. But like you're saying, farmer_bric, the vapor is as good as my Vivis and probably has a bit more taste, IMO.

Also, like you're saying, no gurgling. I'm finding that when I use one of my Vivis for too long, it'll start gurgling and I'll have to blow it out. I'm not sure what the problem is there, but I suspect it has to do with heat buildup because it comes on quickly after working fine for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread