Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Urgent - please take action, and forward to anyone who may be able to help.

Politicians and bureaucrats in Washington want to double the price of your vape through a new Federal tax on nicotine. Under the proposals, vaping would become far more expensive than smoking and hit vapers hard financially. But you can help stop it by getting in touch with Senators Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema & Catherine Cortez Masco. (You can read more about what to do/say on the links at the CASAA website)

AZ VAPERS CALL KYRSTEN SINEMA NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-4521

NV VAPERS CALL CATHERINE CORTEZ MASTO NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-3542

WV VAPERS CALL JOE MANCHIN NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-3954

Please don't sleep on this one, this will kill vaping as we know it, regardless of what the FDA does.

See this helpful chart from CASAA to see what the increase in tax will mean for you.

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 15.55.21.png

Last edited:

curious8

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 27, 2013
    San Anselmo, CA, USA
    Frustrated in Northern California
    My emails, calls and other contact attempts with my "politicians" either go totally ignored or I get canned email replies saying how awful vaping is and they're totally against it - they then let me know of all the bills they've sponsored and support against everything about vaping. I donate to CASAA and to ECF and submit survey responses, but that's about all I can do. Very frustrating!

GinaVape

Forum Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2017
    www.3fvape.com
    • Deleted by low_tar_neil

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I signed the petition and it looks like I need to stock up on additional liters of 100mg/ml nic base. I've still gpt most of a liter frozen in glass bottles that's lasted me several years at 3ml strength. 3ml vaping stretches nic base quite well.

You'd think that government would view vaping as a proven method of quitting smoking. We've proved that the vape will take away the cigarettes. What are smokers going to do when both are outlawed?

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    Urgent - please take action, and forward to anyone who may be able to help.

Politicians and bureaucrats in Washington want to double the price of your vape through a new Federal tax on nicotine. Under the proposals, vaping would become far more expensive than smoking and hit vapers hard financially. But you can help stop it by getting in touch with Senators Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema & Catherine Cortez Masco. (You can read more about what to do/say on the links at the CASAA website)

AZ VAPERS CALL KYRSTEN SINEMA NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-4521

NV VAPERS CALL CATHERINE CORTEZ MASTO NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-3542

WV VAPERS CALL JOE MANCHIN NOW! DC OFFICE 202-224-3954

Please don't sleep on this one, this will kill vaping as we know it, regardless of what the FDA does.

See this helpful chart from CASAA to see what the increase in tax will mean for you.

View attachment 963469

Yes! I called Senator CATHERINE CORTEZ MASTO from my state Nevada and here is the response:

Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding a proposal to increase taxes on tobacco products under consideration in this year’s budget proposal. I appreciate hearing from you.

I agree with you and oppose these tax increases. Throughout this year’s budget process, I have fought to oppose any proposal that would raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000 per year. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the tobacco tax highly impacts low to moderate income taxpayers who are more likely to use tobacco products and ultimately pay a larger share of their income in taxes. While I recognize and sympathize with the health concerns from using tobacco products, I remain committed to my pledge to oppose any tax increases on anyone making under $400,000 per year.

I am also fighting to secure broad middle-class tax relief for Nevadans this year. That is why I was proud to support the passage of the American Rescue Plan in 2021, which reduced taxes by an average of $3,000 per taxpayer. I support reforming our tax code so that it places more money in the pockets of hardworking families, the middle class and those striving to make it. I also support tax relief for our nation's small businesses and entrepreneurs that provide jobs for American workers and help our communities thrive.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Rest assured that I am committed to supporting tax cuts that will benefit Nevada families. If I can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    CortezMasto_sig.png

Catherine Cortez Masto
    United States Senator

True it is not specifically aimed at or for vaping but at this point we have to be thankful for any help aimed at a cause that will protect vaping and keep it affordable so as to continue our cause of getting people to switch to a safer nicotine products such as vaping.

Last edited:

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Well, great news everyone, it looks like the nicotine tax has now been removed from the senate version of the bill.

What's more, I hear it was Cortez Masto who made the difference, so everyone who reached out, you made this happen, especially people like @Vapeon4Life, we all thank you for your efforts!!

AJMoore

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    On Topic? IDK. I had a bad (and good) experience this week. After the fall (October) new rules, I have been unable to go to my suppliers and order "stuff" I had to go through a middle man then to a third partner IN A DIFFERENT STATE. That was the good part of this, in TN I found a very helpful gal at Vapors Lounge (Maryville, 2.5 hours away) who actually WANTED to help me. Back to the story - Of course, they could not mail the product, new Federal guidelines, but I had to laugh, they don't get all over RJ Reynolds or Phillip Morris, just the little guys. I guess this is a classic case of "protectionism" because vaping has become so popular the tobacco industry must be feeling the hurt, why shouldn't they? They have been hurting the population for decades after even THEY knew how much harm their product has been doing.

Can I help sign or do something? Has anyone started the fight??

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Agree... I can't get coils cause I WON"T pay this.
    Cart Subtotal $12.99
    You Earn 26 Reward Points
    Adult Signature ServiceTooltip $6.00
    Route Shipping Protection $0.98
    Shipping (Ground Shipping - Parcel L (10-17 Business Days) - Parcel) $8.00
    Sales Tax $1.69
    Order Total $29.66

Pure Taxation!

Does anyone know where I can get Mesh coils for Big Baby Beast?

Happy New Year

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread