Vaping ain't easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As time goes on you'll figure this out. I remember being in bad situations many times where my battery wouldn't charge or my coil went bad or something to that effect. In time, you'll learn to be prepared. I always carry a couple of extra batteries with me. Since switching to an rda I haven't had coil issues, but I remember carrying a couple with me or keeping a couple at work so I wouldn't run into those situations.

kd705

Feb 13, 2015
Ontario
Take the base of the atlantis off as if you were filling it. Unscrew the coil and you can push the contact pin for the tank down a bit from the inside. Get a screwdriver or a key works too haha, I've done that. You want it to look like this picture from google

I'd take a picture, but I don't have my atlantis readily available. I could get one up in 30 minutes unless someone else can show a picture with what I'm talking about.

Thanks for this tip!.. I actually unscrewed my coil and just pulled the bottom out a weeeee little bit just to make sure it's having a good contact with the base... AND BOOM!.. I'm back up and running :).. I'm going to leave it until I get home, don't want to get another check atomizer message. But I will be sure to do this to the base once I get home!..
So relieved to have my vape back up and running :)

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Don't get me wrong, I love to vape. But I do miss the convenience of analogs. Every corner store carries your brand, it's easy to bum a smoke from a friend or even get a light from a stranger. Vaping isn't that easy.. Today I replaced the coil in my atlantis before leaving home for the day. I suppose I should've tested it before I left the house but I haven't had a stock coil fail yet. So about a hour away from home I pulled my sx mini out of my lunch box and was looking forward to a vape. But it gave me an error, check atomizer. So I unscrewed the tank and double checked the coil was snug to the base and no moisture was under the coil. I also checked the floating pin on my sx mini and everything seems good n clean. Still I get the message, check atomizer.. Sooo frustrating because I'm a hour away from home with no backup vape and no extra coil.. I broke down and had a terrible death stick. Couldn't even finish it due to taste and smell. It's just not my vape. Anyways no one else at my work vapes so I had to vent to some other fellow vapors.. I can't wait to get home and get another coil!!

Always back ups for sure :) but it would be remiss of me not to point out that along with cigarettes almost every corner store now carries disposable ecigs and honestly the Njoy King is not bad in a pinch, much better then resorting to buying a pack of cigs.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
When I quit I carried 3 or 4 batteries and 3 or 4 eVod tanks with me at all times (at least in the car), plus plenty of juice. If I went to the grocery store I carried a spare. Now I have two Provaris plus a couple of 50W box mods. I always carry a Provari loaded with a fresh 2200mAh battery as backup even if I'm using my box mods. Just because they are reliable. With a dripper because they are reliable too as long as I don't do a bad dry burn.

Reactions: kd705

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
My most recent fumble was dropping my mod and the drip tip shattered. No backup tip, so a day of tailpiping lol.
Depending on the atty your using can always use a pencap or tube for the day :p just cut it down to where its small enough that it doesn't give you a churchwarden feel when you vape :p

Reactions: 440BB

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thanks for this tip!.. I actually unscrewed my coil and just pulled the bottom out a weeeee little bit just to make sure it's having a good contact with the base... AND BOOM!.. I'm back up and running :).. I'm going to leave it until I get home, don't want to get another check atomizer message. But I will be sure to do this to the base once I get home!..
Yay!!!!!! Aren't these people great?!? Glad you're back up and vaping!! :banana:

Reactions: kd705 and six

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:rules: The number one rule of vaping is, "Backups for your backups."

You can't vape if you have a dead battery, a broken tank, or you run out of juice. Carry a complete backup setup. Don't put yourself in a situation where you feel you need to buy a pack of cigarettes because your setup went down and you got the "craving".

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX

I would triple like your success! Feels good to be up and vaping again!

Reactions: kd705

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Congrats on the working vape! I feel your pain. I had that happen a few times at work, and have developed an extreme solution.... I keep a tool box with lots of extra juice, a spare mod, 2 charged batteries, 2 tanks and my fancy rebuilding kit along with a digital multimeter and an ohm meter. Oddly enough I haven't needed it since I started carrying it, but I was able to lend someone a full kit for a week to try out vaping.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
No backup mods here...except for my old Ego/Evod sets, which I only use for stuff like kayaking. My only setup I have is the Buddha mini and Sigelei mini, I'll take a bottle of juice, screwdriver and sometimes battery with me when I go out. If things go sideways on me I'll tweak coil and wick, otherwise that's all I got till I van get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread