Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
OK.. we all know that the FDA wants these taxed like tobacco not a consumer product, so let's gather all the ammo together. I'm sure an Anti-smoker would be glad to have the information.

I recently had to do some rather strenuous exercise in the yard. My Annual trim off the annoying parts of tall trees day was yesterday
I also found the following in my PC
last year I got concerned and wanted to see if this was normal - it isn't.

1 year ago:
45 min strenuous activity -
blood pressure = 220/98 Pulse 140
15 min later
blood pressure = 210/95 Pulse 138
30 min later
blood pressure = 209/90 Pulse 120
45 min later
blood pressure = 195/85 pulse 93
1 hour later
blood pressure = 135/80 pulse 85

took an hour to get back to normal... yeah that was normal for me a year ago. Then 10 months ago, I started vaping
1 hour strenuous activity -
blood pressure = 140/86 pulse 120
15 min later
blood pressure = 124/85 pulse 112
30 min later
blood pressure = 130/78 pulse 95
45 min later
blood pressure = 117/78 pulse 82

took 45 min to get back to normal.. yeah that is normal for me now, but what do you expect for a 50 yo guy who doesn't do a lot of exercise?

in case you have not guessed yet... the title of this thread misleads the anti-smoker "temperance" people into accidentally getting some truth.

so reason #1 that vaping is "worse" than smoking = Blood pressure and heart strain.

who's gonna give me #2?

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
nice data. I think our society has a problem. They don't want self control. They can't conceive of a bad habit being changed into a much less harmful one. It's all or nothing.

Let's look at sugary snacks for example. People appear to be fine with um or abstain from them like they are going to kill you on the spot. When in reality a Twinkie will not kill you. You just have to balance it and mix it with other types of snacks to eat well. All twinkies all the time probably bad, some twinkies some times probably not so bad. However people are more comfortable with a yes or no question.

I think this is what is part of what's giving the lapdogs of big pharma and big t their ammo. They are manipulating this mindset. Things like what you posted done on a more massive scale might help to get people to see the truth.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Unfortunately I've been very healthy my whole life. I hardly ever go to the doctor and have not seen one since I started vaping over a year ago. I have no baseline stats to even go off of. The only thing I really notice is while singing, I have more air for breath control and my voice is stronger. I wish I had more for you. :(

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Not scientific data, but a story of my experience. I'm a 52 yr old male.

I've led a very sedentary lifestyle since the mid '90's when I injured my back and got a desk job. I was diagnosed with diabetes in '99 and started insulin a few years ago. I've been slowly putting on the weight and decided to put a stop to it and get my diabetes under control.

I was at 180 lbs when I got busy. I started running in late May and started the C25K program in the middle of June. In the middle of the C25K program you're supposed to run for 5 minutes non-stop (3x). Sounds easy right? Not for me. I couldn't do 5 minutes straight after nearly 2 months of walking/running and I was pretty ticked off. After all the work I had been doing on a regular basis I was not progressing and knew something was wrong and had to change.

On August 21 I pulled out my Blu e-cig that I got last year and stopped smoking. That was on a Wednesday and on Saturday, 3 days later, I was able to run 8 min straight without stopping. It only takes a couple days for your oxygen levels to approach normal and I felt a huge difference in my bodies ability to process lactate acid. (Causes cramping) Since then I've progressed steadily and this is the last week of the C25K training. I was supposed to run 28 min straight today but did 31 because I felt no pain and could have done even more.

At the end of my 31 minute run this afternoon, my heart rate was 159-160 at about 91% of max. (Ya, scary for a guy my age!). And for the last 10 min or so it was over 150 the whole time. After 5 minutes of walking to cool down my heart rate was 124.

I know that switching to e-cigs has helped tremendously with my ability to run and another awesome benefit is I'm still dropping weight instead of gaining it like most people who quit smoking. Oh, and I'm using about 1/3 of the insulin I was before I started running and still dropping the dosage.

Yeah, I think this e-cig thing is gonna take off!

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Unfortunately I've been very healthy my whole life. I hardly ever go to the doctor and have not seen one since I started vaping over a year ago. I have no baseline stats to even go off of. The only thing I really notice is while singing, I have more air for breath control and my voice is stronger. I wish I had more for you. :(

Robino, I was extremely active/athletic before my back injury. I never went to see the Dr and wouldn't now if not for having to have meds. Cherish your health.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri

Haven't been to the doc since I started vaping but I feel a bazillion times better.

Funny you mentioned the singing, Robino1, tonight at church I realized I was able to sing a lot longer without taking a breath than I have in years. I felt incredibly blessed! As awful as I am at it, I love to sing.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Dont go to doctors very often. Best I have is how much faster and farther I can run now. Had to run for a bit unexpectedly the other day and was not out of breath at all. Nice. Never had that as a smoker.

Short jogs would make my heart race like I was trying to win a triathlon.

But, each of us should take the time to reflect on things like this to keep them from going un noticed since the recovery is gradual. We can tell it to our doctors, family members, and friends when they ask us about vaping. Getting the idea into people's minds that vaping is a good thing, from the ground up. Not as effective as our more collected efforts, but still a buzz in the ears of lots of people.

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
OK, here's one that you don't have yet:

(1) Nicotine is a medically known, and scientifically studied/proven, bronchial dilator. It opens the bronchi passages in the lungs.
(2) As we already know, PG (if tolerated) is a natural germicide without known ill effects.
(3) VG and distilled water create a humid (moist) environment considered healthy for normal lung function. For example; using a humidifier when you have a cold to loosen chest congestion.

The combination of the three: Opens the lungs, kills the germs, and clears the lungs for a healthier lung environment. This is why most people experience pronounced coughing when they first start vaping, as opposed to smoking, as the body clears the accumulated sludge from the bronchi. Each of these points are proven in their individual studies. However, the affects of a combined combination of the elements has not as yet been clinically studied to the point of conclusion. Hence the FDA's ability to provide false and misleading information to the ill-informed masses for political/financial governmental gain, instead of public health initiatives for the betterment of the populous as a whole.

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
OK, here's one that you don't have yet:

(1) Nicotine is a medically known, and scientifically studied/proven, bronchial dilator. It opens the bronchi passages in the lungs.
(2) As we already know, PG (if tolerated) is a natural germicide without known ill effects.
(3) VG and distilled water create a humid (moist) environment considered healthy for normal lung function. For example; using a humidifier when you have a cold to loosen chest congestion.

The combination of the three: Opens the lungs, kills the germs, and clears the lungs for a healthier lung environment. This is why most people experience pronounced coughing when they first start vaping, as opposed to smoking, as the body clears the accumulated sludge from the bronchi. Each of these points are proven in their individual studies. However, the affects of a combined/combination of the elements has not as yet been clinically studied to the point of conclusion. Hence the FDA's ability to provide false and misleading information to the ill-informed masses for political/financial governmental gain, instead of public health initiatives for the betterment of the populous as a whole.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Haven't been to the doc since I started vaping but I feel a bazillion times better.

Funny you mentioned the singing, Robino1, tonight at church I realized I was able to sing a lot longer without taking a breath than I have in years. I felt incredibly blessed! As awful as I am at it, I love to sing.

I'm in my church choir, too, and now it's much easier to hold notes and actually hit higher ones. Good thing it's a really big choir, though :laugh:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri

Hoping that the antimicrobial nature of the PG will have a positive effect on my mild gingivitis. My dental hygienist said that next to flossing, quitting smoking would be the best thing to do to help. The smoking made it extremely difficult for gums to stay healthy. She said she can tell who the smokers are despite their best efforts to lie about it lol.

Last edited:

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Tremendous post there by Agavehound. Very interesting observations and comments also from the singers around here as well. Inspiring stuff!
Here's another example you may not have heard.....

I'm a professional trumpet / guitar player. Most have no idea how physical playing the trumpet is (with a HUGE emphasis on "WIND" instrument.). In the later stages as a smoker, I got to the point where, while playing more difficult passages in various situations, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, and I would get 'winded' to the point where I felt like I would pass out. (My field of vision would literally turn 'white' for a moment, and I would have to quickly try to regain my senses. I would get home from a job, go to bed, and I could feel my heart pounding. Never any pain or anything, but I could feel each heartbeat in my upper body and head. I just got to the point where I said to myself, that "this is just CRAZY, and has got to STOP". I knew I had to make a choice.

Having said this, I wasn't necessarily looking to quit when I bought a Blu-Cig kit on a whim, really, just trying to see if I could cut down, maybe, and restore a little lung function, so I thought. (Complete DUMMY that I am...) I'm just a couple days from my six month smoke-free anniversary, and I haven't felt this good playing in a long while. I feel like I could play for days. Literally a TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE. Although I never really thought about it much until reading some of the posts in here, the difference is absolutely measurable, in that playing a horn could easily be compared to a type of 'stress test'. I guarantee that if I was connected to typical stress test monitoring equipment before and after, that the differences can be easily quantified. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. (Now there's a ground-breaking study for ya........the effects of e-cigs on trumpet players ??????? After my experience, I'm as certain as I can be that before-and-after stress testing on ex-smokers switching to vapor would yield an amazing set of statistics in a very short amount of time.)

I pulled my mountain bike out of my shed this weekend, pumped up the tires, and I am mapping out a course, so I can get into a cardio routine, with some biking and running, to see how far I can take this. I aim to find out. (Look out, freakin' world. The kid is definitely BACK!...........heheh. :evil:)

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
My husband and I own a karaoke company. 9 weeks ago we were able to replace a song that would not properly digitize for us it was a song that had been a crowd favorite for me to sing 4 years ago (Those Were The Days...Dolly Parton) knowing that I had not been singing much over the last couple of years due to a back injury I asked him to drop the key for me by 3...I could not sing the song...my breath gave out and I came nowhere close to hitting the high notes...it was embarrassing ....fast forward to 2 days ago (almost 7 weeks after switching to vapeing) I decided to try the song again...had him drop the key by 1 and hit every note and lost no breath... I was also able to sing Hot Rod Lincon ...Commander Coty without missing a single syllable.....Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread