vaping and heart rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Ok, most of us know that cigarette smoking will increase heart rate, as it is a stimulant. Does anybody know if vaping does the same? I normally have a very high resting HR and thought quitting analogs might lower it, but, if anything, it has gotten a bit higher. FYI, I'm in excellent physical shape, exercise regularly, eat healthy, see my doctor regularly and don't drink alcohol. I do have 2 autoimmune health issues: Hypothyroidism (I take my meds religiously) and Lymphocytic colitis (kind of like Crone's, but not as serious)

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
You know, My heart rate is a little fast at times too, but I have anxiety problems. I am a believer that if you have something going a little wrong with your stomach or intestines, that it could cause your heart to beat faster. I say this because I know when I have gas or I am not digesting my food right, My heart increases its rate noticeable, even while resting. there is a nerve called the Vagus nerve that runs through the center of your body going down your esophagus. I really believe this could have an impact on your heart rate. It could also be the ecig as well, or ur thyroid for sure.

Zag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Socal
I have noticed increased heart rate but I was chain vaping. My heart rate was over 100 bpm.
I was a little concerned so I did a little test.
Sat for 15 minutes relaxed then tested my heart rate. 78 bpm
smoked an analog 96 bpm
after 3 min. 84
after 6 min 90
waited 15 minutes and relaxed. hr 80 bpm
vaped 9 puffs 24mg 96 bpm
after 3 min 90
after 6 min 90

I did this on an empty stomach but i did drink coffee 20 minutes before.
Seemed that the analog raised my heart rate the same as vaping.
Honestly I thought it was going to raise it more.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
When I initially started vaping, I was using 24mg liquid and noticed my heart rate increased big time which really was uncomfortable. So now I'm using 11mg stuff and it only increases when I chain vape. I thought this was a strange side effect which I don't remember smoking giving me, but then again I'm noticing a lot of things now that smoking used to do to me. I also have cut down a little on my other addiction, caffeine, which also increased the heart rate especially when drinking it while vaping.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
It's the nicotine in the cigarettes that causes increased heart rate, so yes, vaping does the same (if you're vaping liquids with nicotine in them). Good advice on the replies.

Ok, most of us know that cigarette smoking will increase heart rate, as it is a stimulant. Does anybody know if vaping does the same? I normally have a very high resting HR and thought quitting analogs might lower it, but, if anything, it has gotten a bit higher. FYI, I'm in excellent physical shape, exercise regularly, eat healthy, see my doctor regularly and don't drink alcohol. I do have 2 autoimmune health issues: Hypothyroidism (I take my meds religiously) and Lymphocytic colitis (kind of like Crone's, but not as serious)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
OP - hell yes.

If I vape anything stronger than 11mg before bed I can't sleep at all. Even then I prefer not to vape at all an hour b4 bed and have a Dunhill to put me off to bed instead of a few draws on the e-cig.

When I vaped some 18mg the other day before bed I could feel my eardums pounding like mad in my ears as I tried to get to sleep, it was hellish and had to pound down 5 cans of bud just to get realxed!

I am hypothyroid as well, I take 200 synthroid every morning. My heart races more on e-cigs than it did on analogs. I plan on switching to VG and seeing if it makes a difference as it may be a PG reaction. If that doesnt work I will drop my mcg amounts down to 11 or 8. Perhaps the thyroid condition worsens it for us. It's a freaky feeling when 20 min later your heart is still pounding fast and your sittin on ... :)

Throat hit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
south warwickshire UK
I get a red face and higher heart rate with 18 mg stuff so use a low low 5 mg and vape more. Nic is cleaner without the other chemicals we got from smoking and works in a strange fashion. This is not backed up with any evidence other than I used to smoke and now I vape and noticed the nic creeps up on me when I smoked I got another buzz long before and conclude it was because of the other things in cig smoke. Remember nicotine is a vascular constrictant and raises blood pressure and heart rate. A mamal has 800 000 000 heart beats as I recall.

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
I am hypothyroid as well, I take 200 synthroid every morning. My heart races more on e-cigs than it did on analogs. I plan on switching to VG and seeing if it makes a difference as it may be a PG reaction. If that doesnt work I will drop my mcg amounts down to 11 or 8. Perhaps the thyroid condition worsens it for us. It's a freaky feeling when 20 min later your heart is still pounding fast and your sittin on ... :)

You are ingesting too much nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread