Vaping and Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
No, it doesn't.

I quit smoking years ago with Swedish snus, and only started vaping recently as an alternative to snusing and as a fun toy. vaping didn't help me quit smoking, and I still use snus whenever I want. I have multiple flavors of snus just like e-juice, and while I am glad it has helped so many people to quit smoking, it is not a smoking cessation aid, it is an activity with worth and merit in and of itself.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Not really...when I started I had no intentions of quitting smoking. I was getting tired of my family always complaining of the smell so I was going to smoke at work and vape in the car and the house. Pretty soon though I found myself vaping more so I just quit buying cigarettes..Haven't had one in over a year.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Not really...when I started I had no intentions of quitting smoking. I was getting tired of my family always complaining of the smell so I was going to smoke at work and vape in the car and the house. Pretty soon though I found myself vaping more so I just quit buying cigarettes..Haven't had one in over a year.
I am constantly amazed how bad smokers smell now. I had never noticed it that much when I had quit cigarettes before, even after a year and a half.

That alone is enough for me to stay away from them. However, if vaping were to disappear from the face of the earth, I'd likely be back to cigarettes again.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Just remember that you used to smell like that!
Not that anyone here is, but Don't dump on people who smoke. Or who smoke and vape both.
I was an easy convert to vaping. Don't like tobacco flavors and don't like tobacco. I stopped smoking the same day my first vape gear got to me.
Everyone is different. That's what make the world so interesting.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Ive been doing it for a long time.
Sometimes I feel like having a real cigarette .So I have one.
Then I feel like vaping.. so I do that instead..
Does it have to be one or the other?
Naw...I think a lot of people do both. E cigarettes are marketed as an alternative for times when you can't smoke (for the most part). There's an indoor smoking ban in Washington, and a lot of smokers use disposables in bars. Just so they don't have to go out side. Some folks pick up e cigs and have no interest in cigarettes. To each their own :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Just because I adjusted my diet and eat more vegetables.. That doesn't make me a vegetarian..
Well said.

I still have a cigarette every now and then.
Like whenever I want.

That comes out to about maybe once every two months.

I lost my fear of cigarettes a long time ago.
Thanks to vaping, they no longer have any power over me.
:)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Seems to me like it's like whiskey, wine or beer. Some drink only 1, some drink all of them, depending on what they want.
It's better than whiskey, wine, or beer...

Nicotine improves memory, concentration, and attention.
It also is showing great promise at treating various conditions, and maybe even preventing them.

And it isn't harmful the way alcohol can be.

I would say it's more like coffee and caffeine.
Except that is completely demonized, and therefore not remotely as accepted.

Yet......

Last edited:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Ive been doing it for a long time.
Sometimes I feel like having a real cigarette .So I have one.
Then I feel like vaping.. so I do that instead..
Does it have to be one or the other?

Nope. Heck you are cutting down. Besides I had an "Epiphany" after a few months. I picked up an analogue and it tasted bad. REAL BAD. It was ecigs all they way after that. The sad part is many tobacco users are turning to E-Cigs during times they would be forced into smoking areas. It is nice not having to freeze in the winter and broil in the summer. That may change however. BY the way you may wish to up your nictoine level on the E-Cigs. You may not be satisfied enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread